I Miss Boem...

"
FCK42 wrote:
"
Exile009 wrote:
Reminder that Boem is STILL on probation. It's coming on close to a year now...

It might even stay that way for all eternity. Quite often in the past GGG has put people on permanent probation rather than a permaban. They can still play, but the forum is off-limits for them. I don't know at what point or why exactly it happens, but it definitely did and still does.

Perhaps, but in that case it's all the more important to remember our fallen souls. For us to forget and move on is exactly what they want...
KMQ was probated for a year. I think Boem still has a few months to go if his is the same.
I have a pretty good sense of humor. I'm not German.
I may have posted this earlier in the thread but idgaf. I agree with FCK42: Boem might occupy the same shameful space as folks like Bambi and Sexcalibure: 'permanent' probation. Obviously they did nothing so egregious as to be banned outright, and as most of you know, a ban doesn't mean you can't create another account to post here -- bans are almost exclusively punishment aimed at dedicated players rather than dedicated forum denizens. A 'permanent' probation, however, is specifically for people who have proven to be too much effort for the moderators to handle, regardless of whatever account name they use. So in a way, a 'permanent' probation is more drastic than a ban -- one punishes my removing access to in-game 'wealth' but allows a person to start over, the other not only denies access to one account, but in effect all accounts by way of the 'no probation dodging' rule.

So a ban gives you a second chance; 'permanent' probation is basically 'banned from the community, no re gg kbye ps thanks for your support'.

Unless they've changed the system behind the scenes (and I sort of hope they have by now), a year is the longest probation period available, which means these esteemed 'too hot to handle' former Exiles are manually re-probated every 365 days or so. Hence the inverted commas. But if the net effect is being unable to post in perpetuity, the 'permanent' is permanent.

Oh, and when I said 'shameful'? I wasn't talking about us. 'Permanent' probation is GGG's dirty little forum secret, the sort of thing only regular users on a long term basis with no discernible life would even notice. Compared to us, the vast bulk of Exiles are merely visitors and tourists -- they'll never see past the spit and polish, the regular announcements, the live streaming, and all those other slick PR moves that GGG have down-pat.
https://linktr.ee/wjameschan -- everything I've ever done worth talking about, and even that is debatable.
I don't think anyone on this forum has been put on probation more than me... AMA

Remember when I won a screenshot contest and made everyone butt-hurt? Pepperidge Farm remembers.
Last edited by Wraeclastian on Jan 17, 2021, 4:10:06 AM
"
Wraeclastian wrote:
I don't think anyone on this forum has been put on probation more than me... AMA

Might as well go with the standard prison questions.

How long were you in for? And what'd they get you on?
Just wanted to stop by and say I'm very familiar with forum vacation hotspots!

I own a timeshare with a great view, and I'm often gone for weeks at a time. ;p
"Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt."
- Abraham Lincoln
LMAO, told you my post would get nuked. The mods here have a personal vendetta against me.
Remember when I won a screenshot contest and made everyone butt-hurt? Pepperidge Farm remembers.
"
Wraeclastian wrote:
LMAO, told you my post would get nuked. The mods here have a personal vendetta against me.

Well, if it makes you feel better, you aren't alone in that.
Been a long time.

Peace,

-The_Impeacher-
Any signature worth using is against the rules. Therefore, no signature will be found here.
Another reminder that they still haven't released Boem. Justice for Boem!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info