Every morning my cat...

That's not a broken animal.

That's how cats show just how dependent they are on you.

Most people who own a cat and close the door have paws and meows at the door bc they miss you too much when you go to the bathroom.
"
ThunderBiome wrote:
That's not a broken animal.

That's how cats show just how dependent they are on you.

Most people who own a cat and close the door have paws and meows at the door bc they miss you too much when you go to the bathroom.
One of my cats is like a dog. He starts howling as soon as I leave the apartment. If I wait by the door I can hear him in seconds. He sounds like a little fire engine lol.
I have a pretty good sense of humor. I'm not German.
"
aggromagnet wrote:
One of my cats is like a dog. He starts howling as soon as I leave the apartment. If I wait by the door I can hear him in seconds. He sounds like a little fire engine lol.

This is why I have two cats and not one.

That's so sad how lonely he is.

My cat mellowed out a lot when I got him a friend.

It was actually the second try (returned a kitten who was afraid of my cat and got an older boy who was playful enough for mine).
"
ThunderBiome wrote:
"
aggromagnet wrote:
One of my cats is like a dog.

I have two, and they get on very well. That one is just extremely attached to me. I can't even go to another room without him following, unless he's totally passed out and doesn't hear me. And if he finds I'm behind a closed door, the scratching and whining starts soon.

He's a real drama queen lol.
"
ThunderBiome wrote:
"
aggromagnet wrote:

My cat mellowed out a lot when I got him a friend.

It was actually the second try (returned a kitten who was afraid of my cat and got an older boy who was playful enough for mine).

Cats have as many different personalities as people, but as a general rule, a much younger or older cat in a house with >1 cat is going to be a "nonbo"

If you go to the shelter to adopt more than one cat, look/ask specifically for bonded pairs or compatibles. This doesn't always mean that brothers and sisters are going to get along!

We wanted one cat, but when we learned that he had a litter brother in the same shelter, we asked to see the brother. We ended up adopting the brother as well, even though they were housed separately. They weren't a bonded pair, but we figured they might recognize each other's smells and get along together.

We couldn't have been further from the truth. After they had gotten used to their new home and staked out their respective domains, the gray brother started bullying and terrorizing the tuxedo brother, always starting shit when our backs are turned even for a second. This has remained true even though the tuxedo cat outweighs him by about a kg and has a long, rangy build and can outbox him. He's just so used to being traumatized and attacked, he automatically goes into submissive mode.

It's taken a lot of cat "psychology" and close supervision to maintain peace in here.

It's important to provide physical distance, or the illusion of it, if you have insecure or territorial cats. Cat furniture with multiple tiers/partitions, cardboard boxes in strategically neutral locations, baffles, screens, curtains, igloos, etc.

If you can afford it, and have enough space, separate litter boxes. We don't, so we change ours frequently and keep the area clean but visually obstructed from the glaring owl-eyes of interlopers.

We would have separated them if the behaviour had manifested itself at once, but they were already settled in for about 4 months before we started to notice the territorial lines being drawn. They were both very young (5 months) when we adopted them, and hadn't grown into their adult personalities yet - apparently this is a thing, where as kittens they are perfectly capable of curling up together and playing nice, then by a year of age, they have a rigid hierarchy.

They were both neutered in-shelter per municipal laws, but we can only imagine how violent the clashes would have been if they were not fixed...
[19:36]#Mirror_stacking_clown: try smoke ganja every day for 10 years and do memory game
"
crunkatog wrote:

Cats have as many different personalities as people, but as a general rule, a much younger or older cat in a house with >1 cat is going to be a "nonbo"

If you go to the shelter to adopt more than one cat, look/ask specifically for bonded pairs or compatibles. This doesn't always mean that brothers and sisters are going to get along!

I hear you. Thats a good thing to know.
Last edited by ThunderBiome on Aug 9, 2020, 2:56:42 AM
Y'all with voyeur cats are lucky. Ex-roomie has a cat that wakes him up like every other morning by humping his leg through the blankets. Liek WTF bro. he needs a canister of bear spray just to sleep in.
[19:36]#Mirror_stacking_clown: try smoke ganja every day for 10 years and do memory game
Last edited by crunkatog on Aug 14, 2020, 5:01:13 PM
cats don’t have owners they have staff. she’s just making sure you don’t slack off on the john too long while she waits to be attended to
“What kind of f*cking neighborhood is this!?”
“People are under a lot of stress, Bradley.”
"
mp5a2sd wrote:
cats don’t have owners they have staff. she’s just making sure you don’t slack off on the john too long while she waits to be attended to
Staff? You mean I've been doing this shit for 35ish years and I should have been getting paid!? Well fuck.
"
aggromagnet wrote:
"
mp5a2sd wrote:
Staff? You mean I've been doing this shit for 35ish years and I should have been getting paid!? Well fuck.

"well if you'd let me outside I could bring you a dead bird every morning, or a fat rat, or a litter of kittens" -- the cat

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info