So kids are now calling people "boomer" who're 30 and over?

Your mistake is conflating their casual ageism with an unironic classification of age. It would be like if someone accused you of being cheap in a casually anti-Semitic manner and you responded by saying that you are not Jewish by either religion or ancestry.
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
Last edited by ScrotieMcB on Jun 17, 2020, 11:27:02 PM
"
Raycheetah wrote:
"
Epicurwin wrote:

Also, loosing faith in the young generation because you don't understand them is the most boomer ass thing I've ever heard.

I have yet to see a "Die soon so I can have the world I want, Millennial" comment. Seen plenty of "Die soon, Boomer" comments. Also seems to be a generational difference. ='[.]'=

Is that surprising? I'd imagine even the most irrationally angry person would avoid an insult based on relative life expectancy toward someone younger than them-self. It's almost like they would go down an alternate path for insulting. Generational differences indeed.
"
ur a walrus

I would start up a thread to make fun of you for not making 40 challenges yet except then I'd be afraid you might throw a walrus at me.
Over 430 threads discussing labyrinth problems with over 1040 posters in support (thread # 1702621) Thank you all! GGG will implement a different method for ascension in PoE2. Retired!
"
Epicurwin wrote:
"
Raycheetah wrote:
"
Epicurwin wrote:

Also, loosing faith in the young generation because you don't understand them is the most boomer ass thing I've ever heard.

I have yet to see a "Die soon so I can have the world I want, Millennial" comment. Seen plenty of "Die soon, Boomer" comments. Also seems to be a generational difference. ='[.]'=

Is that surprising? I'd imagine even the most irrationally angry person would avoid an insult based on relative life expectancy toward someone younger than them-self. It's almost like they would go down an alternate path for insulting. Generational differences indeed.

My point... You have missed it. Millennials have no problems wishing their elders DEAD. Earlier generations were raised to respect their elders, if not love them. Generational differences... Indeed. =9[.]9=
=^[.]^= basic (happy/amused) cheetahmoticon: Whiskers/eye/tear-streak/nose/tear-streak/eye/
whiskers =@[.]@= boggled / =>[.]<= annoyed or angry / ='[.]'= concerned / =0[.]o= confuzzled /
=-[.]-= sad or sleepy / =*[.]*= dazzled / =^[.]~= wink / =~[.]^= naughty wink / =9[.]9= rolleyes #FourYearLie
"
Raycheetah wrote:
Earlier generations were raised to respect their elders, if not love them.

It would behoove you to check the tint of your lenses, I think they're a little too rosy.
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
Last edited by ScrotieMcB on Jun 17, 2020, 11:52:46 PM
"
ScrotieMcB wrote:
"
Raycheetah wrote:

It would behoove you to check the tint of your lenses, I think they're a little too rosy.

What is that, the Menendez brothers? Weaksauce, Scrotie. You know very well what I meant. =9[.]9=
=^[.]^= basic (happy/amused) cheetahmoticon: Whiskers/eye/tear-streak/nose/tear-streak/eye/
whiskers =@[.]@= boggled / =>[.]<= annoyed or angry / ='[.]'= concerned / =0[.]o= confuzzled /
=-[.]-= sad or sleepy / =*[.]*= dazzled / =^[.]~= wink / =~[.]^= naughty wink / =9[.]9= rolleyes #FourYearLie
hello fellow boomers
GGG banning all political discussion shortly after getting acquired by China is a weird coincidence.
"
Raycheetah wrote:
"
ScrotieMcB wrote:
"
Raycheetah wrote:
Spoiler

What is that, the Menendez brothers? Weaksauce, Scrotie. You know very well what I meant. =9[.]9=
Yeah, I know what you meant. But you think it's a function of time, when it isn't, not really. There have always been those who listen to the traditions of the wise — perhaps not their biological parents, but some form of quality mentor(s) — while on the other hand there are those who reject mentorship and find themselves on the wrong side of the tracks. And there they find their own mentors, despite themselves, but very rarely good ones. The blind leading the blind, but leading regardless.

You are wrong to think this is new. It is very old. Maybe it's worse than before, but that's like saying the murder rate went up. Murder hasn't been invented recently, and neither has rebellion against one's elders.
Last edited by ScrotieMcB on Jun 18, 2020, 5:17:26 AM
A boomer is someone who came of age in a tiny window of unparalleled prosperity and liberty, and never questioned how it came to be so;

A boomer took for granted all the basic human rights and protections his parents and grandparents marched and rotted in jail and sometimes died for;

A boomer left the work force before the knowledge economy would have obsoleted him, and has no clue just how different the core competencies are;

A boomer is someone who believes people are generally benign and deep down, all want the same basic things, and projects this belief onto everyone else. And they are caught like deer in the headlights when faced with the truth.

A boomer is someone who fails to connect the dots between the attitudes and institutions they set in motion, and the consequences for their children and grandchildren.

Anyone of any age can be a boomer. All they have to do is be extremely, unbelievably lucky.

That said, we should also try to understand how a worldwide economic depression, two world wars, and an ongoing race to the bottom with another superpower could possibly alter the course of human history for an entire generation such that people actually DID see, in their formative years, all of the great strides we made in the 20th century. Such that people actually DID share a belief, a dominant belief, that people are generally smart, honest, and more like us overall. More so than in any other time period in human history, and perhaps more so than we shall see again.

--Were boomers moved by this rosy view of mankind to push through the ERA and the Civil Rights amendments? Would they have done so if the wars had never happened, and the workforce had remained at home? Hard to say, but winning human rights and equality took risk and opportunity. Without the opportunities, would the risk have been insurmountable?
[19:36]#Mirror_stacking_clown: try smoke ganja every day for 10 years and do memory game
crunkatog is starting to become one of my fav posters tbh

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info