New and Changed Slam Skills in Path of Exile: Harvest

"
Doryani's Touch

Damn
Melee gear is going to be stupid expensive this league.
IGN: Arlianth
Check out my LA build: 1782214
Look great!! , ready for Equagod dude
Oooweee, I already had a bunch of melee builds planned, now there are a few more. Earthshatter sounded really cool in the explanation and I like the combo mechanic of setting off the spike explosions but in the video, it looks tiny and underwhelming compared to the other aoe scaled slams.
If you somehow break Glacial Hammer, I'll give Ice Crash another try. Tectonic Slam looks so awesome now, planned to play it since the first video of it's new FX. Consecrated Path also might warrant another try, so nice to play warping from pack to pack. (Vaal) Ground Slam Stunner was planned anyways.
... is not a troll
Kawaiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii (^_^)
Did I miss something or is Tectonic Slam getting nerfed? If they remove the "Charged slam" part of it, that is 60% less damage
IGN: Dargeshaad
can't wait
"
Hmmm, most slam skills are nearly the same with a different animation. Or am I just too salty? I like change though.

No, you're right.

EQ and Ice Crash are essentially the same skill, with just differing timers on the secondary aoe.

Tectonic Slam is the old removed slam, with an endurance gimmick.

The new Earthshatter is just perforate in sand stance with a slight addition.

Etc. , Etc..

And they're all essentially 1 of 2 different geometry layouts of "I hit the ground in front of me ...and an aoe of damage happens around me. It makes sense that they're now finally categorizing them, just like strike skills / etc. before them.

At least some of them are different enough to feel like different skills ...but yeah, much of the "slam" skills are basically the same thing with a different graphic.

It would be basically like if they had a category of "Projectile spells" that were just a single orb of something that shoots out in front of you. And skills like, spark, frost bolt, ethereal knives, ball lightning, freezing pulse, ice spear, etc. all looked and functioned like fireball. You know...the classic "bolt spell" cliche of just flinging something like it's a rock ..but giving each one a different element so you can validate it as being a brand new spell.

We're just really not going to get much diversity with GGG, as they're self admitted to taking the shortest path possible by reusing assets as "new content". They're not going to spend the time making something truly unique if they can get away with using 95% of something else and just tossing on a slight variation to validate it as being a brand new skill / zone / boss / league / etc..

The fact they've been re-categorizing and grouping skills, effects, etc. since 3.0 is just a means of them being able to make that pill easier to swallow.
awesome! can't wait to play summoner again
Cant wait to try out new ice crash build

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info