New and Changed Warcries in Path of Exile: Harvest

the point is: ppl dont like non-triggerable support skills
even if its instant

it could have like a 50% less effectiveness when triggered or so
"
Lunasicc187 wrote:
In general I like the idea of slow, but mighty (AoE) attacks with 2H-weapons.

It is a very nice thing to feel the weight and impact of your attack button.
Oh, and seeing animations sometimes is also... refreshing.

"
Lunasicc187 wrote:
My main concern is, that it will feel squishy in terms of survivability.
If you have a fast af 1H / dual wield build with 15+ APS and a good LoH in addition to leech, it will always feel much more reliable and tanky than slow attacks.

True, attack speed does so much more than just deeps:
1) Sustain through LGoH;
2) Map travel through fast Leap Slams/Whirling Blades.
3) Maneuverability on boss fights through speedy animations;

Fun fact: all three are survivability/QoL. I mean, sure, offhand The Savior boiz dish out more deeps than I ever hope to see on my Big Slow dudes, but that's ok.

But survivability and general clunkiness is something I really want to be fixed. Unfortunately, new Warcries do not address those issues.

Suggestions:
I) Allow Enduring Cry to exert 1-2 attacks and provide % Reduced Damage Taken and/or Increased Fortify Effect while you have Exerted Attacks.
II) Allow Exerted Attacks from some Warcry to have % More Attack and Cast Speed with Travel Skills. Kinda like Close Combat Support does.
The best option would be for Intimidating Cry to have Exerted Attacks give you Combat Rush (the buff from Close Combat Support gem).
Beware of the man who works hard to learn something, learns it, and finds himself no wiser than before. He is full of murderous resentment of people who are ignorant without having come by their ignorance the hard way.
Last edited by Sarganis87 on Jun 8, 2020, 12:55:35 PM
Im so excited to play my tectonic warcry 2handed juggernaut :-D
"
rafaelgxs wrote:
the point is: ppl dont like non-triggerable support skills
even if its instant

it could have like a 50% less effectiveness when triggered or so

PLEASE
WTS > General's cry on video.
"
Steeldraconis wrote:
we will see how strong each of those are. It's weird because.....Rallying Cry gives a % of your main hand weapon

For that vast majority of support/minion builds, that's going to be TERRIBLE
If it's too strong, then we'll see Witches running around with 500+DPS Jewelled foils summoning an army via Generals Cry + Rallying Cry that is like Animate Weapon but....waaayyy better.

We've never been able to grow spectre/Minion damage based on our weapon damage before. That's going to be POTENTIALLY very interesting and tough to balance around.

This MAY also lend to a game play style that benefits two 6 link setups. A 6 Link for Generals cry to make those ghosty bois very strong, and another 6 link for spectres. Just put all your passives into HP and Minion Damage, and away you go. Every spectre build (potentially) just got additional damage (like we needed it xD)

Starforge + rallying cry + animate guardian facebreaker
want to see a vid about generals warcry now
So stun generaly will get reworked?
In order to get rid of clearspeed meta cap global movement speed at 100% but make all skills instant so everything feels great.
They seem very exciting. Infernal and enduring cry are my favorites so far.
I like my loot like my steak - RARE
Using Warcries during a fight is like picking an item = instant death.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info