Announcing Path of Exile: Harvest

"
Haverhill wrote:
Yet ANOTHER crafting system in the game. How many do we have now, 5?

Wouldn't it be nice if they actually combined all of this residual flotsam and jetsam of content into a UNIFIED crafting system - where each of the legacy systems were reconfigured to support different aspects of that new system?

As it stands now, you can farm each of the disparate systems, but once you've achieved whatever goals you had for that system, you've got a bunch of crap you no longer need, then you have to start farming the next crafting domain. To eventually gather things you'll eventually not need.

Yes, you can trade away some things, but that leads to even more time NOT playing the game. There's too much time wasted in the meta-game already.

GGG should be looking for ways to cut wasted time - not making that problem worse.

indeed. way to many different crafting systems. totally garbage!
Have to agree with the supporter packs being super off theme. I figured we would get a nature-like league at some point and was surprised how anti-nature these 2 sets are. Feels like these were leftovers from past leagues they decided to throw in potentially due to time constraints.

The idea of this league is not something that really excites me. All of the past crafting leagues were pretty boring as major mechanics, but I will also admit that they are pretty impactful once they go core. The passive tree and other changes will still give me a reason to give it a shot.

I do hope that the actual implementation is not as micromanaged as the trailers portrayed. Lots of clicking on little items and an almost hideout building mechanism doesn't seem fun to me. Hope I am wrong!
I feel like they could have taken this in so many exciting directions, but instead decided all roads lead to crafting. Blight had blight mechanic plus blighted maps, Delirium had delirium mechanic plus Simulacrum, Breach had breach mechanic plus breachstones, etc. Metamorph made it feel worthwhile and fun to clear the whole map. Synthesis had action-oriented side content on top of the crafting. At least give us some new combat instances like Incursion, side progression like acquiring veiled modifiers in Betrayal, exploration like Delve, etc.

From the information I've seen, this looks like Standard with a crafting room added to each zone. I'll give it a try and level something to 95 or so, but as a player that enjoys plowing through monsters more than tinkering with min/maxing gear, Harvest looks like a tie with Bestiary for the blandest league I can remember. I really hope it turns out to be more fun than it looks, because the visuals are beautiful, and there's a ton of potential with the league mechanic to go so many different directions in addition to crafting.
"
Stubby83 wrote:
I really don't get the whole league skipping thing. Don't like the league mechanic then by all means skip the mechanic. But skip new skills, new items, new skill tree and so on. Really? Skills, items and tree are the heart of the game not the league mechanic. I detested Synthesis but played whole league. Loved breach as a mechanic but the Cast While Channeling skill gem was also great as it added more build variety. Disliked Betrayal (stupid intervention game crashes) but kept playing for new uniques like Cinderswallow Urn and Paradoxica made it worth playing. Plus Betrayal added impale gem and tons of skill tree mods.

Saying your skipping before you even play it is kind of lame. How about growing a pair and trying out a new league and see if you like it or hate it based on actual gameplay and not because you watched a trailer.

I'd guess that most of those cases actually don't skip. They seem to get a kick out of posts filled with hatred. For some this might be just the vent they need right now to deal with other issues. Who knows at this point ...

This pattern repeats at every league start, regardless of theme, content, quality and execution.
Last edited by dyneol on Jun 3, 2020, 2:03:55 PM
So many people complaining that this league is crafting-oriented.
Well, I've been playing the last few leagues by completely ignoring crafting (Delve, Synthesis, and so on) because crafting is just for the rich guys.
My chars are using good basic gear : lots of life and resistances, and that's just enough to complete the whole game.
Because you CAN craft doesn't mean you HAVE TO or you NEED TO.
I just hope that the league mechanics won't force players to craft at some point, for example with ridiculous "challenges" that would be just wealth-checks, or too highly RNG-gated.
"
FNX_Heroes wrote:
Well, I've been playing the last few leagues by completely ignoring crafting (Delve, Synthesis, and so on) because crafting is just for the rich guys.
My chars are using good basic gear : lots of life and resistances, and that's just enough to complete the whole game.
I just hope that the league mechanics won't force players to craft at some point, for example with ridiculous "challenges" that would be just wealth-checks, or too highly RNG-gated.

But this league is only about crafting.
There are no other rewards,or at least they are not revealed until now.
You plant the seeds,water them,manage them and then you kill the monsters that come out of the plants to unlock crafting recipes.
If you do not intend to craft there's absolutely no reason to do any of that.
"
PsOfOs wrote:
"
FNX_Heroes wrote:

But this league is only about crafting.
There are no other rewards,or at least they are not revealed until now.
You plant the seeds,water them,manage them and then you kill the monsters that come out of the plants to unlock crafting recipes.
If you do not intend to craft there's absolutely no reason to do any of that.

Unlocking crafting recipes doesn't mean you have to use them extensively. Every league I unlock 97214987 crafting bench / betrayal recipes, when in fine I use only just a few of them. Same for beasts. I love killing beasts, but I almost never use the beast crafting...
This is why i drink bourbon ;).
If you can't control it, STOP.
So basically Rallying Cry is completely nerfed and destroyed. Way overkill...
"
Xaaz23 wrote:
"
Tetsujinn123 wrote:
All the people I see complaining are the ones that don`t even play the game 5-10 challenges where you do 15 if you play 3 hours a day for a week .

Go back to your corners tbh and let the rest of us enjoy and explore all the new things happening.

You don't see them because they were all removed at the beginning of the thread. This league is garbage with tons of micromanagement.

Don't think you're special because you hit 40 challenges. It's not like it was very hard.

We are the assuming type aren`t we , where in my post you saw me talking about myself , the fact that ppl who spend 10 hours in league for 3 months time means they don`t like the game anyway so they should probably spend more time exploring the game and liking it , and if they dont they should move on instead of making assumption and negative posts about something that isn`t out yet.

Judging by your post , looks like it`s the same for you , begs the question tho , why do you spend so much time in a game that you don`t like and you play for what? If you dont like customer customization and micro management in the game and you still play it and complain , there is something fundamentally wrong with you and your perception of having fun

Cheers

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info