Last Epoch latest patch feels really good

It's great that Last Epoch exists because there are never too many ARPGs.
Unfortunately I can't bring myself to enjoy it as much as I want to.

To me, going through the campaign feels like a chore that is much worse than PoE's campaign. The bestiary has so little variation, there is no 'league content' to randomly spice up the areas you traverse, the music is anecdotal, dropping uniques doesn't feel exciting, bosses are too telegraphed and their showdowns aren't as epic as in PoE, ...

I know I am comparing them too much. But still, LE is someow lacking soul and this little thing that doesn't make it empty. The endgame feels pointless, like there is not really something to grind for, I don't know it may be just me.

Still, I am very happy it gets lots of love from players and devs alike, and I want to see it succeed and have much more great content.

I will come back to it from time to tile (maybe once or twice a year to test out a new patch), but sadly it won't be my main ARPG.
Last edited by Buissonix on May 27, 2022, 10:11:17 AM
whats the pacing like in Last Epoch?

i more-so prefer the faster pace of path of exile. not the insane crap but just facing off versus thousands of monsters a map and obliterating them.
i really really enjoy Chronicon for the same reason.
i do however like bosses that are a challenge, as in they cannot die and you need to deal with their mechanics in order to overcome them.

i've played Titan Quest and i absolutely hated it. i couldn't remotely come close to finishing a character, but just got through the "acts" a single time and it was so slow paced i just dropped the game. i even tried it with mods to up the spawn rate/drop rate/xp rate and still felt ridiculously slow.

i've checked out Grim Dawn a ton and it seems very similar to TQ. to a point where im pretty sure i'd also hate it, so i won't even attempt it...waste of money.

but im curious what the pace of LE is, if its faster than TQ/GD or what.
do you get to just blast out dozens of monsters per ability cast, or is it more like a couple at a time - run half a mile - face off vs another couple mobs, blah blah.

im actually pretty surprised its still showing as being in early access
"
xMustard wrote:

im actually pretty surprised its still showing as being in early access

That's because the game hasn't hit the 1.0 milestone yet. It is only expected to reach it's 0.9 early access milestone of implementing Multiplayer in a few months time.
IGN: JerleNecroDD/JerleNecroRuthless
Harvest is the BEST league EVER. Deterministic crafting ftw.
How will POE2 and POE coexist?
Lets see.

Next patch with online authorized gamestate the times of cheating local game save files are gone and will be the first stepping stone for leagues and already offer Multiplayer in a basic form.

But for me it wont change much or anything at all. I find the campaign/echos already easy enough and cant imagine why everyone would play it in MP if you're faster solo anyways. ;)

Yeah sure i will try MP a few times to see how it looks but i already see discrepancy in gameplayspeed which would not check out well if you like to maintain your personal speed.
Masterpiece of 3.16 lore
"A mysterious figure appears out of nowhere, trying to escape from something you can't see. She hands you a rusty-looking device called the Blood Crucible and urges you to implant it into your body."

Only usable with Ethanol Flasks
Last edited by gandhar0 on Aug 25, 2022, 4:08:38 AM
I heard they went back on their promise for single player offline, so definite no buy. I was interested in 1.0 version if it had single player offline. You need thousands of players active for an online community, it simply doesn't work with a few hundred to low 1000s, and this game is never going to get big #s, so it's single player offline or go home basically.
Last edited by MrSmiley21 on Sep 20, 2022, 5:25:19 AM
"
MrSmiley21 wrote:
I heard they went back on their promise for single player offline, so definite no buy. I was interested in 1.0 version if it had single player offline. You need thousands of players active for an online community, it simply doesn't work with a few hundred to low 1000s, and this game is never going to get big #s, so it's single player offline or go home basically.

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/1599252240

@40:42

I asked a dev yesterday on their stream and he mentioned there will be offline mode in addition to MP like D2/D2R. Included timestamp.

I assume offlinemode will be like now with login for verification (that you bought the game) but everything else will be saved on your local HDD.

Masterpiece of 3.16 lore
"A mysterious figure appears out of nowhere, trying to escape from something you can't see. She hands you a rusty-looking device called the Blood Crucible and urges you to implant it into your body."

Only usable with Ethanol Flasks
Last edited by gandhar0 on Sep 24, 2022, 4:22:37 AM
Anyone up for LE Open Beta MP weekend?

https://discord.gg/lastepoch?event=1076285950629527553
IGN: JerleNecroDD/JerleNecroRuthless
Harvest is the BEST league EVER. Deterministic crafting ftw.
How will POE2 and POE coexist?
I was thinking about it but I have no time right now. I haven't played LE in a long while. Last time I played it had been a long while and it was wild how much it had changed from the beginning.
Censored.
Good lord, they managed to turn a playable game into a buggy mess. If you are planning to play Sentinel, make extra sure you don't use Lunge as your movement skill. It is hopelessly bugged, while it was mostly fine before the patch. Warpath is in a similar situation.

Apart from graphic improvements and multiplayer (questionable how much that was needed) I fail to see how the game actually improved. One year in development btw.
Last edited by Johny_Snow on Mar 12, 2023, 4:17:05 PM
I use Lunge and Warpath, thei bugged? Didn't even notice.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info