Am i just stupid? or are People Showcasing Bad builds as Good? CoC Icenova Assasin.

"
Hurrai KKnD wrote:
Allright thanks evryone, i toke a look at your posts and i appriciate it. But in the end i decided that this build is nothing for me. I need something with way more survivability to compensate my slow fingers ^^

but what still bothering me is this breakpoint thing... why does it make a BIG diffrence if i have 12 insteasd of 14% cooldown recovery? i mean shouldn that be just a very very small diffrence?

totally not, you should listen and/or watch very carefully about that
cooldown, it is 14% or nothing(or for the next step 52%).
there is no "inbetween" bcoz there are breakingpoints for cooldown recovery speed. so you got 12%? well thats 2 bad, that doesnt do anything for you. you need 14%. or 51%, but thats the same as 14%, you will not proc more spells from COC

havent seen your POB, so i cant tell you anything about that.
i played in 3.10 for the first time a COC build ([3.10] Kami's CI-CoC Ice Nova Tank 9-12k ES). that was my first contact to COC in generell, and i started as ED trickster and rerolled from there with enough money.

that COC thing, its costs A LOT even for trash-tier gear and a lot more to enjoy playing it, and then even A LOT more to kickass.

there are so many points you need to consider when playing COC, your atk-speed combine with cooldown needs to be very carefully planed, or you will lose in the worst case nearly 50% of your DPS

for a life based COC ice nova i havent payed much attention, but wirh kami's you should at least get some more inside.
https://www.desmos.com/calculator/rbl6w1jnvs <- this is a ATK-speed calc with breaking points

and maybe check this guy's video out, there are a lot of information about that topic (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cuehdnGunTA&list=WL&index=49&t=0s)

i can very easyily clear buffed A8 t16 maps+bossed, elder, shaper, guardians ~~ but i still just die to some stuff i dont unterstand.
and my gear is not that bad, but far from good. (i think you can check my gear in my profile)
I've been playing with CoC assassins at least for 4 leagues in a row...
I dont know but this league I start feeling its weaker.

If you want something tankier just go to Kami's build guide. get a vaal regalia with 4% es recovery on kill and a shield with 3% es on block.
Lethal pride with kilova and rumi's to cap your block at 75%.

You will be unkillable even in t16 with 3 bosses in delirium, but you will not have the best dps.

I think i need more atkspeed and critical :S..
some builds dont work anymore or dont hold a candle over the current meta per example i did try ball lightning miner and winter orb trickster and these builds dont event scratch the power of a manabrand
Use Seberus' guide.

Main Guide
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cuehdnGunTA

3.10 Updates
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fcggsWB8djU&t=7s

Some videos I made with the build:

A8 Sirus Deathless
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ucV5oEaYhz8

Simulacrum:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dSW5aH94xGI

This was a few weeks ago, my build/items are much improved since then.
Coc Ice Nova is not ONE build made by ONE guy...and it is legit. Your problem is probably gear and well, playing on console. You're probably ignoring /unaware of CDR break points, which is important.
Last edited by DamageIncorporated on May 12, 2020, 4:54:01 PM
"
gokudin wrote:
I've been playing with CoC assassins at least for 4 leagues in a row...
I dont know but this league I start feeling its weaker.

If you want something tankier just go to Kami's build guide. get a vaal regalia with 4% es recovery on kill and a shield with 3% es on block.
Lethal pride with kilova and rumi's to cap your block at 75%.

You will be unkillable even in t16 with 3 bosses in delirium, but you will not have the best dps.

I think i need more atkspeed and critical :S..

good old tripple delirium boss spawn
Played Life based, Kami's version and now on LL version of this build.

In maps you usually add Fortify and ideally throw in Sand and stone if you are fancy. Low DPS is main issue of this build if you are dying, except corrupted blood and other things.

Also it is extremely helpful to run hex breaker notable from clusters.
On life based variant you can also go with life on hit + leech combo. I was able to just spin through darkness in delve with this.

IMO LL version is the best feeling now in a light of max block nerf. You can stack tonns of auras ;)
It's not that you are wrong or stupid. You just made your own version of the build with what you had or thought was better. The original poster or build was not bad. You just made your own version of the build with your own substitutions, gear and gems. Here are the thing's I noticed that you did different. I included some flask setups that might help out and an example of a budget CoC version PoB.

CoC is a glass cannon build where you have to kill everything before it kills you. Offense is your defense. and you didn't have all the offensive pieces you could have. For example using his boss DPS glove set up which was "vortex + unbound ailments + bonechill + arcane surge" and casting this next to a boss would have made killing them waaaaaay easier.

Also the cooldown recovery rate in simple terms is "without 14%, when you are supposed to have a spell casted from a crit it just wont" So running 2 foils you need to pay close attention to ALL attack speed % in the build and copy them or your spells will not cast at all when they should.

Steelskin instead of immortal call which is using a small shield vs % physical mitigation. Meaning the one true defensive mitigation that helps you survive wasn't there. You added Vaal Grace, Vaal Molten shell and whithering step aren't used in the guide. Which are great defense tools in most builds but are hard to use effectively in a glass cannon build like this.

My biggest advice is just general advice to make all characters feel better. Flasks are the best defense you can give any build.

Go to act 9 Blood Aqueducts and farm for a Divine Flask, then craft it until you get the "bubbling" and "staunching" mods. This will make a life flask that will help you survive way easier in situations you need a life flask.

Here is an example:

I also recommend 2 more flasks that will make any evasion character feel better. The flask themselves are good, but note what is crafted on them and try to roll "warding" and "of heat". they will remove curses and freezes which kill a lot in higher levels.

This gives you more evasion.

This gives you base dodge % for attacks and spells while also giving you phasing. So that's 3 extra layers of dodge in 1 flask.

Here is an example of a super budget CoC Ice Nova that has all the basic tools needed to make CoC work:
https://pastebin.com/MniUQ6Sq

He was my character I used in Blight league but don't recommend copying. Its just an example of what a budget version of the original build you were wanting to follow would look like.

My closing note is do your best to take people's advice in these posts. Even if it doesn't seem to make a difference in a short time, it will over a long time. Cast on Crit is a more complex mechanic than it seems and time played doesn't equal being better at the game. I myself learned all these things about CoC, flasks, gems and gear at 3,000+ hours and it has made the game way more fun because I have a better understanding.
PoE is about learning and you'll always have more things to learn!
The build guide you are following is a full glass cannon, so no surprise you are getting killed quite frequently.

This build has some damage avoidance (dodge), but lack of any sort of damage mitigation, so any big hit, that you were unlucky to dodge - is going to kill you
EHP pool to backup lack of damage mitigation isn't there, less than 6k life pool isn't really an end-game option for most of the people
And even smaller hits, you don't have any way to restore your health quickly, if you get hit let's say by 4k hit(which isn't that rare), you'll need 4 seconds to get your health back(2-3 if you use flask)

So playing this build heavily depends on your ability to delete mobs before they can actually hit you if you failed to do that - you are dead most probably
And even if you do delete everything quickly - the nature of all evade based build - you will die to random one-shots unless you have a large EHP or other layers of damage mitigation

For a casual player, you better pick builds that are better well-rounded
and better suits your playstyle (if you have slow reflexes, you don't pick a build that requires you to press 5 buttons/sec) because it doesn't really matter how high you DPS and how flashy the build is when you are dead

And another very important point
Be realistic about yourself
When you pick a build, which core costs 15 Exalted orbs, ask yourself, are you going to make this much currency?
Or when you pick another Mathil's build, ask yourself, are you actually as good as Mathil in this particular game (Mathil here because he is known producer of builds with little to none defences and around 4k life, which works for him, but would not work for 99% of those who watch him playing)

Last edited by askaal on Jun 14, 2020, 11:36:56 AM
a good flask setup and usage is very important.

i played coc icenova a few leagues ago and had a blast.

u have to care about atk speed and CDR .. if u dont do that .. u will fail

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info