Screenshot Competition Highlights

Some of the stats shown are mind boggling and I love it. Great work to the community for keeping this fresh so many years now!
goodjob all
"
Exile009 wrote:
A lot of really good shots here. Particularly Demetoori, JeckNoTree, Samalamage and sheraf.

In contrast, I'm puzzled as to why Anjim's screenshot is being showcased at all. It doesn't even hide the life and mana values, and even has the connection stats showing at the top. Just looks like a random shot you'd take for submitting a bug report imo.

I liked your point of view!

During the game, I took several prints (to my surprise I didn't like most of them) and this was what I chose for simplicity.
It wasn't a random shot, but it was so simple that I figured: This is what I see when I play, as it is ....
I used screen positioning for image aesthetics.
PoE as it is ...

It makes the print even simpler than I had seen.
Tnks
"
Anjim wrote:
"
Exile009 wrote:
A lot of really good shots here. Particularly Demetoori, JeckNoTree, Samalamage and sheraf.

In contrast, I'm puzzled as to why Anjim's screenshot is being showcased at all. It doesn't even hide the life and mana values, and even has the connection stats showing at the top. Just looks like a random shot you'd take for submitting a bug report imo.

During the game, I took several prints (to my surprise I didn't like most of them) and this was what I chose for simplicity.
It wasn't a random shot, but it was so simple that I figured: This is what I see when I play, as it is ....
PoE as it is ...

Tnks

I second that..
Screenshot competition shouldn't be a photoshop competition.. this is what the experience of playing PoE looks like ^^..
"
Anjim wrote:
"
Exile009 wrote:

PoE as it is ...

Tnks

Well if that's what you were going for, as a deliberate choice, then fair enough. It is indeed more in keeping with how the game looks when we actually play it, although I don't think screenshot competitions are really seeking to show that. Rather screenshots are usually used to show a game at its best, even if that's not usually how you see it when playing - yes, there's an element of deception there, as there in any kind of promotional activity. Anyway, my apologies if I came across as harsh or hurtful. Wasn't intended.
"
KingKaloyan wrote:
Imagine all these screenshots but without MTX.

What about those who cannot afford buying MTX?

I would be highly impressed by Demetoori and Samalamage's screenshots even if they only used the in-game uniques (no need for skin transfers either - you can just wear them if you're taking the shots in low-level areas). If you've got the compositional skills, you can absolutely compete (at least in my eyes) without any mtx.
"
Exile009 wrote:
"
Anjim wrote:
"
Exile009 wrote:

PoE as it is ...

Tnks

Well if that's what you were going for, as a deliberate choice, then fair enough. It is indeed more in keeping with how the game looks when we actually play it, although I don't think screenshot competitions are really seeking to show that. Rather screenshots are usually used to show a game at its best, even if that's not usually how you see it when playing - yes, there's an element of deception there, as there in any kind of promotional activity. Anyway, my apologies if I came across as harsh or hurtful. Wasn't intended.

You do not need to apologize, in fact, I liked your point and do not test the stingy with my explanation.
One thing is "print competition" another thing would be "competition to advertise on purpose" ....
As I said, I did several and I thought that simplicity was the best shot.
I agree with you.
And I thought your comment was more elegant than I had seen myself.
I'm not being sarcastic.
So when winner is announced?
please, cheapen the wing prices !
Am Yisrael 'Chai

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info