!?,@&$...If you’re depressed, have anxiety post here...!?@&$

"
SchuhWild wrote:
Best medication for depression is the emotional oral kind.
Sometimes, sure. Other times, the best medication is medication.
"
"
SchuhWild wrote:

If you're talking about the "marginalized portion of the population", then yes, though both are still required. For every-thing else, there is a better diet of food and linguistics.

With magic though, you can create cookies out of thin air.

(o -_^)o 00

♤ ♡ ♢ ♧ - ♧ ♢ ♡ ♤
Last edited by SchuhWild on May 3, 2020, 11:12:20 AM
"
SchuhWild wrote:
"
"
SchuhWild wrote:

If you're talking about the "marginalized portion of the population"...
I wasn’t making a statistical claim. I just think there’s a weird stigma around people getting medication for mental illness that shouldn’t be there, and wanted to explicitly put meds on the table as an entirely normal option. Mental health is health. If you’re unwell for a sustained period, folks, talk to your doctor.
Find a hobby
"Path of Exile's engine is currently modern, lean and fast." - Chris Wilson, September 19th, 2019

"It looks like we broke something with 3.10.0. We don't know what it is yet." - Bex, March 16th, 2020
"
I wasn’t making a statistical claim. I just think there’s a weird stigma around people getting medication for mental illness that shouldn’t be there, and wanted to explicitly put meds on the table as an entirely normal option. Mental health is health. If you’re unwell for a sustained period, folks, talk to your doctor.

It isn't bad advice. Or anything to be ashamed of.

Allowing depression to drive your carriage for too long is a massive detriment to your well being.
(generally including those around you as an added kicker.)
♤ ♡ ♢ ♧ - ♧ ♢ ♡ ♤
Last edited by SchuhWild on May 6, 2020, 12:17:26 AM
"
"
SchuhWild wrote:

Someone can cry and moan all they want, they don´t get the juice stuff, like Valium or such. Well, i don´t know how it´s in america, but psychiatrist´s in my country don´t care much or lidl.
"
girng wrote:
Find a hobby

Werd. I have a great time in my Garage every day. I'm refurbishing a Ultra4 car not compitition but still. Put a new ring and pinion in yesterday. Rebuilt motor for like a month when this lock down started. anyway I don't care what it is - nitting, video games, or being a grease head like me there is plenty to do positive all the time. I used to like fishing a lot. But then became vegetarian. Either-way find something you like and do it dont dwell on news or negatives.

It trips me out ppl do stuff they don't like - unless you are paid for it - after all work sucks thats why they have to pay you for it. But I mean in general in free time like people watch news and get enraged or play this game and are like pissed. Dudes life too short. Like forums ppl get pissed sometimes.. I wont even respond to dickheads. Or even read them if noted in past. Seconds wasted not worth it. Got my hobbies to attend to. Not to mention work fam and other stuff.
Git R Dun!
Last edited by Aim_Deep on May 6, 2020, 2:46:04 PM
"
Aim_Deep wrote:
"
girng wrote:
Find a hobby

Werd. I have a great time in my Garage every day. I'm refurbishing a Ultra4 car not compitition but still. Put a new ring and pinion in yesterday. Rebuilt motor for like a month when this lock down started. anyway I don't care what it is - nitting, video games, or being a grease head like me there is plenty to do positive all the time. I used to like fishing a lot. But then became vegetarian. Either-way find something you like and do it dont dwell on news or negatives.

It trips me out ppl do stuff they don't like - unless you are paid for it - after all work sucks thats why they have to pay you for it. But I mean in general in free time like people watch news and get enraged or play this game and are like pissed. Dudes life too short. Like forums ppl get pissed sometimes.. I wont even respond to dickheads. Or even read them if noted in past. Seconds wasted not worth it. Got my hobbies to attend to. Not to mention work fam and other stuff.

Exactly
"Path of Exile's engine is currently modern, lean and fast." - Chris Wilson, September 19th, 2019

"It looks like we broke something with 3.10.0. We don't know what it is yet." - Bex, March 16th, 2020
"
Pwnzors87 wrote:
"
"
SchuhWild wrote:

Someone can cry and moan all they want, they don´t get the juice stuff, like Valium or such. Well, i don´t know how it´s in america, but psychiatrist´s in my country don´t care much or lidl.

You pay a price for every pill you take. We simply don't have very good long-term data to show the longest reach of some of our standbys. For instance, there's studies suggesting that long term use of SSRI antidepressants can precipitate or contribute to dementia in persons at increased background risk. The same risk is found with long term use of Valium/Xanax.

What's not clear is whether simply having depression or chronic anxiety/panic, or the peculiar brain chemistry/neurophysiology that underlies it, aren't in themselves to blame for the heightened risk of dementia in later life. Like, if your brain is already hypervigilant or dysregulating serotonin, could that in itself be enough long-term trauma to sludge up your gray matter?

At any rate, it's not really a choice for many, they need medications to alleviate crisis suffering and danger, to not treat them expeditiously is inhumane, but until we bring mental illness out of the black box it's been in forever, and throw at least as much research money at it as we do childhood leukemia or March of Dimes type stuff, it will remain a black box and we will continue under-serving our loved ones and ourselves by design.

as for therapy, that can take months to years to sort out the layers of trauma that cause serious mental illness, and it still does NOT stabilize the patient well enough to stay employed, refrain from self harm, or social isolation and withdrawal during the first few critical weeks of new or returning illness. Some say it feels good to talk it out, to vent, to feel listened to. But only if you're at a point where you can trust yourself and others, and when you're down in a hole or strung up with paranoia or gasping for breath in the dark in free-fall full blown panic, you're not gonna talk or listen.

At the very least you have to be able to think in words you can communicate to someone else first, before you can talk.
[19:36]#Mirror_stacking_clown: try smoke ganja every day for 10 years and do memory game
Ugh. This is the last place I'd want to post about depression. And I don't mean these forums, I mean this thread.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info