!?,@&$...If you’re depressed, have anxiety post here...!?@&$

So depression is a taboo topic for some and there are millions that suffer from it and many don’t even know they have it. Around 2015 I posted about depression, and it helped a few posters. You be surprised that the friend you have that’s always cheery, laughing... could be suffering from it. Sometimes you just don’t know...

My sister sent me a link to sign up to volunteer for a crisis network, currently applying. However I’ve done this before, it’s extremely and mentally exhausting (it’s not for everyone) however you might just save a life. So a couple of things, that are important when posting.

1. Any mention of hurting yourself or others is reported immediately. We have had on off topic, these situations. So I implore everyone to be kind and understanding. Remember we have young adults reading as well...

2. Use this thread to vent frustrations and to find information. Unless otherwise indicated, you will not find anyone giving advice rather their experience with depression and how she/he is handling it.

3. Always consult with your doctor before deciding on what we call, "drastic life changes." That includes changing medications, changing your meals, exercise routines etc...

So why am I creating this thread? Because I’ve done it before and it helps. Also need to make sure my AnimePub stay active lol... (tough room). Anyways my credentials are many, I actually have congressional recognition for volunteering. More than happy to send a copy to moderators. (Tooting my own horn I know...).

Well feel free to vent, no politics or religion... Did someone cut you off today? Is your co-worker a pain in the ass? Did your cat just delete 3 hrs worth of typing?

Enjoy!!!

"Another... Solwitch thread." AST
Current Games: :::City Skylines:::Elite Dangerous::: Division 2

"...our most seemingly ironclad beliefs about our own agency and conscious experience can be dead wrong." -Adam Bear
Last edited by solwitch on Apr 29, 2020, 7:21:30 PM
Last bumped on May 8, 2020, 4:11:00 PM
Nope. I've been threaten to be killed. Been home invaded. Broke many bones motorcross racing. It takes the edge off if you believe in a higher power. Nothing really bothers me.
Git R Dun!
Last edited by Aim_Deep on Apr 30, 2020, 1:19:55 AM
"
Aim_Deep wrote:
Nope. I've been threaten to be killed. Been home invaded. Broke many bones motorcross racing. It takes the edge off if you believe in a higher power. Nothing really bothers me.

You sir have big cojones doing motocross. I applaud your courage... I tried motocross, the damn bike, flipped over while on it. I mean, I was an idiot thinking motorbike was introduction to motorcycles, I was fucking wrong lol. They look so innocent until you turn one on... nope nope never again.

"...our most seemingly ironclad beliefs about our own agency and conscious experience can be dead wrong." -Adam Bear
I am always depressed. When I am not depressed I go ask my doctor what is wrong.
Last edited by Johny_Snow on Apr 30, 2020, 3:46:54 AM
I´ve consumed a lot of Philosophy recently, it help´s quit a bit, seeing and understanding how other great mind´s suffer aswell.

Depression is a consequence of deep boredom and lack of meaning and purpuse in life. Hack, i even believe Path of exile 2 could turn out to be a ""saviour"" in that regard.

Sometimes i force laugh, cry, anger, sounds insane and you may turn crazy, but it help´s. And please don´t get me on the sociatal view and opinion on men, that emotion´s are not masculine.
It is what nature gave us, to play with our conciousnes.

Downside is that you turn more and more hungry.
That´s a proove that we all are inherently depressed, that depression isn´t a simple ""Mental Illness"" but a condition which has to be overcome with force.
Depression is dissociation from dreams and hopes of life - the only true way to turn it around is to bring yourself closer again. Some experience others barring their way making them suffer, others maybe lost hope in themselves for various reasons and some may have lost perspective altogether.

When you are depressed it is very dangerous with patterns that only make you feel better through escapism if you are not doing anything for the root cause, because they do not bring you closer they only make you feel better at the moment while underneath the gap is widening from your inaction. Such as gaming excessively, drugs or withdrawing socially.

When you are in the deepest depression, it is okay to let go a while and forgive yourself for not fighting while you recover as it can completely take away your breath. But eventually, you need to address the root causes of your depression or it will only get worse.

We humans are socially bound, and most of our feelings that we have about ourselves are intertwined with our relation to others. Instead of looking to solve the question of what is really wrong with you and focusing on that feeling, you need to let that go and focus on the daily life. Doing your best for others and doing something meaningful for yourself. Start with anything small, any step adds confidence and length to the next step. Then everything else will follow, because nothing actually is wrong with you.

Depending on what type of depression you have, you maybe need to look inside yourself and find your dreams if you are truly lost. Try to remember who you are. Somewhere the faith must take root that you are able to make a change in your own life - only by believing yourself defeated will you truly be defeated.

I am the light of the morning and the shadow on the wall, I am nothing and I am all.
Last edited by Crackmonster on May 1, 2020, 2:27:33 AM
"
solwitch wrote:
Enjoy!!!

You Enjoy!!!
♤ ♡ ♢ ♧ - ♧ ♢ ♡ ♤
The anxiety I have right now is seeing a senior citizen in a cvs or rite aid looking for items and its gone. I want to help but I can’t, because of the guidelines. I’ll sometimes get asked by a senior, "do you know if this is good for cleaning." It just proof many of our seniors rely on the younger generation to help them.

Lots of seniors alone and afraid that have no choice, but to put themselves at risk. Some people are like, "well their on there last legs," such an ignorant comment.

On the bright side the city and many businesses are letting seniors shop first.

I have long experienced depression.

The only way I have seen it abate is by helping others.

But it is always there. Lurking. Wanting to end me.

Depression is the worst.

You think you are part of something. You care. And then depression.

Care for me? Dude you are fine.

Not everything is financial. I am good there. Where I am not is this.

Depression.

So cool a thread like this exists.
Best medication for depression is the emotional oral kind.
Most people just need someone to listen to, in turn, someone to bounce ideas off of.

If you're depressed, sharing is caring, just be mindful of your audience.

I've been trading illusions, artwork and card tricks with a magician in his 70's at the hospital. I honestly don't think I've had this much fun in what feels like years, I know it's mutual.

Old magicians are middle aged magicians best friends.
Become a magician today. Magic works for all ages.

♤ ♡ ♢ ♧ - ♧ ♢ ♡ ♤

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info