What can you teach me?

After a recent exchange with my 16yr old son who has been helping out especially in the kitchen, I told him how proud I was and if he ever needed to talk or ask me anything he could, except for sex. That’s what the internet is for, I said jokingly..he said cold faced..why? What do you need to know? What can I teach you?

He doesn’t have a girlfriend / boyfriend / robot lover that I’m aware of..

What are our kids watching? On second thought, I don’t think I want to know.
"Withdrawing in disgust is not the same as apathy"

Last bumped on May 7, 2020, 4:39:26 PM
Kids don't think their parents know about rule 34, or hentacles, or any of those things.

Sometimes it's best to let them continue feeling empowered by their apparent secret window into the internet's red-light district. Meanwhile just keep a record of the general tenor of their exploration.

If they start becoming a danger to others, themselves, or just really having no insight or judgment about safety, bring the hammer down.

Spy on your kids while they're online? F yes.

Shaming them for little shit like jerking it to mermaid pron or watching Yuri on Ice is just creating feelbads and drama for your own self righteous ends.
[19:36]#Mirror_stacking_clown: try smoke ganja every day for 10 years and do memory game
16 years old? That's old enough to play Path of Exile!

Tell him, "Forget all that nonsense, son. Let's play some SSF 'together.'"
- 0 * - < _ > - * 0 -- 0 * - < _ > - * 0 -- 0 * - < _ > - * 0 -- 0 * - < _ > - * 0- 0 * - <
<739610877-3104-376.101077-1106.75103739110792103.108-5'92.9410776.>
- 0 * - < _ > - * 0 -- 0 * - < _ > - * 0 -- 0 * - < _ > - * 0 -- 0 * - < _ > - * 0- 0 * - <
crunk is spot on.
"
Exile009 wrote:
"
crunkatog wrote:
Shaming them for little shit like jerking it to mermaid pron or watching Yuri on Ice is just creating feelbads and drama for your own self righteous ends.

[Removed by Support]

OK fair enough.

Which brings up another point. "Do as I say not as I do" is bad parenting. Obv in this setting even if you ARE rushing out to hookups, providing camertainment to lonely gamers, or running a dungeon, presumably you're staying safe & sane, using proper PPE, observing social distancing rules, guarding against identity theft, etc.

Even though there IS a generation gap which some people find icky to cross with open sharing of personal habits (I'm one of them, yeah nope don't really wanna know) kids will be hyper-aware of what adults around them are doing. Even if they, too, are weirded out by the idea that their parents are doing it. And they will try to imitate what they see adults doing, even if (perhaps especially if) it's a Bad Example.

So don't watch Yuri on Ice. Your kids will find it anyway, because young people will still watch garbage knowing it's garbage.

Watch better-quality anime. Apply a realist's scrutiny to the crap in your weeb folder or dvd binder. No plot? Dump it. More jiggles than Will Smith on a trampoline? Sideline it.

*<:^)
[19:36]#Mirror_stacking_clown: try smoke ganja every day for 10 years and do memory game
Last edited by Nichelle_GGG on Apr 26, 2020, 2:27:38 PM
Thanks for taking the time to respond..

Firstly my wife and I are sexually responsible..meaning we virtually never have time or energy in a busy household to indulge in such pleasures..I suggest that she is more responsible and patient than myself..every now and then, she stops moving long enough for me to catch her..you know..on my birthday and special occasions.

Bringing up 3 boys in a free information society definitely has its challenges..especially as 2 of my boys are high functioning autistic. I try not to be hypercritical and I have to watch my language..not that I curse very much, I mean it that the boys don’t get sarcasm, irony, comedic setups. They see stuff on video platforms that is mindless garbage but they still find it funny..I had to hide the butter from my 6yr old as he was coping something that his 14yr old brother had shown him..flinging butter at objects in the house..no amount of fatal beatings made a difference.

[Removed by Support]

My approach to this stage of parenting is best voiced by the comedian Chad Daniels - we should knock

Last edited by Kane_GGG on Apr 28, 2020, 12:42:28 AM
As my previous post was heavily edited even tho there was nothing explicit, making the post redundant.

I’m out and won’t be back..can’t even have a reasonable conversation.

Good luck to those that still try to navigate these waters.

I wish everyone could experience the joys of fatherhood. Yesterday I brought home some sherbert. Then I locked the back door and I’m eating it with my headphones on pretending not to notice as they yell at me through the glass door. kids were pissed. have fun with them every day. Im like the big kid. Probably can't teach anything but having fun. My only rule is never complain nobody cares and some are happy with your affliction. Mom has lots of rules.

Edit I guess it would make more sense but I forgot to mention we are fasting during daylight hrs and they were caught outside after dark in the swimming pool and hadnt eaten all day. Fun with Ramadan.
Git R Dun!
Last edited by Aim_Deep on Apr 29, 2020, 1:18:48 AM
"
Hardlicker wrote:
What can I teach you?

A King's Story:

Ninety-five Kings
Threaten to save eight
Queens for a sick Jack.

Spoiler

9, 5, K
3, 10, 2, 7, 8