[3.10] Max Block Storm Brand Ascendant: Budget Friendly, Ultra Tanky, Fast Mapper, Deathless Sirus 8

we can push for level 11 brand recall for 100% cd on it, assuming this works it would drop a socket req- worthwhile? Seems it might be a crafting limit cause I can't find anything good for a +1 all spells wand based off the linked weights (thanks for that btw! didn't know it was so powerful) I might be using them wrong still though- yea I was still had a min weight on

edit2
well that was disappointing

edit3

something actually useful then:

A really solid upgrade I see a lot of people skipping (at least from cursory glancing) is the es on block, its *almost* as good as the mana on block.

Something to talk about: Life gain on spell hit vs life steal? Just go for both optimally obviously but which works better for us
Last edited by Nchi on May 13, 2020, 6:55:37 PM
"
Nchi wrote:
we can push for level 11 brand recall for 100% cd on it, assuming this works it would drop a socket req- worthwhile?

This works, but perhaps not in the way you think it does. It gives increased cooldown recovery speed, not reduced cooldown. In other words, at 100% increased CRS, you have half the original cooldown.

I'm running lvl 4 Empower and lvl 7 Brand Recall, and I find the high cooldown recovery very noticable during mapping, where I keep BR on left mouse button so the Brands always move with me.

I'm looking into getting +1 gems corrupted gloves to push for effectively lvl 12 Brand Recall, but due to diminishing returns on the math I'm not sure if it's really worth it. For sure it would be one of the last upgrades to deal with if you're on any kind of budget at all.
Last edited by acme_myst on May 14, 2020, 4:04:27 AM
"
acme_myst wrote:
"
Nchi wrote:
we can push for level 11 brand recall for 100% cd on it, assuming this works it would drop a socket req- worthwhile?

This works, but perhaps not in the way you think it does. It gives increased cooldown recovery speed, not reduced cooldown. In other words, at 100% increased CRS, you have half the original cooldown.

I'm running lvl 4 Empower and lvl 7 Brand Recall, and I find the high cooldown recovery very noticable during mapping, where I keep BR on left mouse button so the Brands always move with me.

I'm looking into getting +1 gems corrupted gloves to push for effectively lvl 12 Brand Recall, but due to diminishing returns on the math I'm not sure if it's really worth it. For sure it would be one of the last upgrades to deal with if you're on any kind of budget at all.

is it additive with reduced cdr or no
"
Nchi wrote:

is it additive with reduced cdr or no

It would be, although I can't from the top of my head think of any sources for reduced CRS (nor why you would want that, for that matter).
I re-rolled my 92 Archmage to a low-life variant of this build with moderate success (5-mill Shaper, 6k ES, Max Block, 4 Auras, some QOL changes).

My POB for reference:
Spoiler
https://pastebin.com/gmZ00rgv

One question though:
Why is your Clarity in your trigger wand, doesn't that make the aura go away when it recasts?
Last edited by ImNotLeet on May 15, 2020, 11:13:40 AM
Since Clarity is an Aura it can't be "triggered" so is unaffected. The same way you can't "trigger' an aura with a Cast When Damaged Setup.
Whoa, got a Glorious Vanity drop from 4-way Legion, decided to divine it once because why not.

Got a 5024 seed Doryani. Absolutely bonkers as the notable next to Heart and Soul is Ritual of Thunder (25% Lightning damage, 4% lightning pen). Minor nodes aren't too bad either (4% life, 5% aura effect).
This is the first build where i hardly look at the life/ES pool.
Instead i am constantly checking my stack of Brands.
Delirium mobs are great for keeping them up but sometimes you still can lose them.
And yes, my Recall is on left mouse button which is a big help.

The only little thing i dont like is the start of a map where you need to stack your Brands and the moments you lose them.

And here comes the trick:
Lavianga's spirit flask makes it so that you do not have any mana cost but it can only be activated when your mana isnt full.
My Brands are on right mouse button. I keep it pressed, then i press Lavianga. Once i have 6 stacks i stop casting Brands.
The produced Brands are pretty weak but the next Recall without Lavianga makes them strong again (basically once i start moving).
This is the fastest and easiest way to restock your Brands.

So if you have room for another flask which you only use to get your stack of Brands back, you should give it a try.

I keep seeing that this build can’t do reflect or atziris but I can assure it can do both and do them well. You only need to swap rings for the shaper mod rings that total %100 reduced elemental reflect damage. I swap a belt with mine and this balances my res for wise oak but that isn’t necessary. There isn’t really anything that can hurt you defensively in atziri or Uber atziri except for the hidden reflect atziri has and the rings take care of that. I also run reflect maps with this but this can have mixed results since chaos res becomes a factor as well as benefits from dream fragments (chill and frozen specifically).
Why physical to lighting on gloves guys?...

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info