[3.10] Max Block Storm Brand Ascendant: Budget Friendly, Ultra Tanky, Fast Mapper, Deathless Sirus 8

"

Right now I am thinking about swapping the CWDT setup into the boots and the shield charge into the shield. Just wondering if tempest shield or immortal call would be better with arcane cloak.

Choice is easy as IC and Cloak are both guard skills and only 1 can be used as they share cooldown.
Last edited by Ex0rt_ on Apr 28, 2020, 4:19:41 PM
Can any1 please crosscheck my character? I die instantly at Sirius 8.. is there a major mistake in my Build?

My town damage is roughly 100k and in maps up to 180
7,7k Mana, 2,9k Health and 2,7k ES, resistances are capped, block is Max with bone offering and flask.

Anyway i like this Build, Mapping is so much fun and Even in Delirium nearly everything is 1shot. This is my First char ever to reach Level 92.

BR
"
DreimitKraut wrote:
Can any1 please crosscheck my character? I die instantly at Sirius 8.. is there a major mistake in my Build?

7,7k Mana, 2,9k Health and 2,7k ES, resistances are capped, block is Max with bone offering and flask.

Anyway i like this Build, Mapping is so much fun and Even in Delirium nearly everything is 1shot. This is my First char ever to reach Level 92.

BR

Arcane Surge not Cloak in the Helmet. Drop Lavianga, it removes nearly all your damage and leech. CWDT should be low lvl as we do not have high Life. Check which gems need quality and flip those.
Last edited by Ex0rt_ on Apr 28, 2020, 5:56:17 PM
Similar to an earlier post- took a first stab at Sirius and while a long fight and I did better with this char than any other but still died. Was pretty close tho!

It was those stupid mazes and the occasional energy beam or whatever it was.

At lvl 87, and have 5ex. What should I invest in to have a better shot at my first Sirius kill?
"
saxisa wrote:
Similar to an earlier post- took a first stab at Sirius and while a long fight and I did better with this char than any other but still died. Was pretty close tho!

At lvl 87, and have 5ex. What should I invest in to have a better shot at my first Sirius kill?

Boot enchant would be a big help. get the double recover on your shield. mana and es
"
saxisa wrote:

Biggest problem are your gems and gear. Max lvl and quality make a difference. You can flip yours or buy them. Would definitly buy some for you main link, can also be 1/23. Search for gear upgrades with focus on high Life, Mana and resist. If you can still cast SB afterwards, socket more Fevered Mind jewels.

Boots enchant helps a lot with mana regen.

Get a Large Cluster with Scintillating Idea and Doryani's Lesson and any other node on the opposite side of the starting point. Drop some other unimportant passive points for it. Annoint Heart of Thunder and use Fertile Catalysts on amu. This gives you leech on Life and ES and more dmg.

Replace Ample Quicksilver with Wise Oak with max penetration for more dmg. Make sure your lightning res is the highest. Max quality on flasks.

Get a corrupted lvl 3 empower for helm. They are basically free.
Last edited by Ex0rt_ on Apr 29, 2020, 3:26:27 AM
"
saxisa wrote:

Just a little undergeared in all aspects. Your boss damage is about a quarter of the budget character and survivability is much worse. Don't worry too much about double recover shield, focus on the basics and increase your rare quality. You can do a simple weighted search for:

Life = 1 Point
Mana = 1 Point
Total Elemental Resistance = 1 Point
Total Chaos Resistance = 2 Point

I believe you can improve a lot of your pieces by 50-75 points of stats without a huge amount of currency.

1) Farm syndicate Vorici research, get 6 blue Cloak of Defiance and Controlled Destruction for boss fight, get 6 Fevered Minds (I count just 4, may be a POB error), this will triple your Sirus damage as Chain is totally useless, and more Fevered Minds is better.

2) Resistance needs to be capped, positive chaos resistance is a big plus. You have several pieces without mana. Generally speaking your rare quality is pretty low.

3) Uber Lab for either mana regeneration or critical if you haven't crit recently on boots.

4) Abyssal Jewel is . . . totally off.

Cast two brands and run circle around him at close range. He has no melee attacks. Also one tip is your brand will do damage even after you die so don't go to town immediately. Once you fix your gear you should be able to beat him easily. This is one of the best beginner builds vs Sirus 8.
Last edited by hitmantb on Apr 29, 2020, 2:40:49 AM
"
DreimitKraut wrote:

BR

Health Mind, double large cluster jewel (missing some life nodes) and Omeyocan makes you squishy, you need the life. Don't be fooled by 500 health in this build. 500 health is like 1500 health if you have mana and energy shield to absorb 40% and 50% of incoming damage. The budget build has 4K health for 13K EHP before block. 2500 health is more like 8K effective health.

Also don't cheat on chaos resistance as Sirus does a lot of chaos damage. You also lack freeze immunity which is crucial. Finally your Watcher's Eye can be damage taken from mana for a bit more tankiness if you don't have problem with mana recovery.

Your damage with chain is better than the budget build's damage with controlled destruction, and that will cost you in defense. Finding the right mix of offense vs defense is a personal thing and personally, any archmage storm brand build does enough damage already. Max block makes your character extremely tanky during mapping, but against Sirus laser EHP and chaos resistance still matters.

You can always bum rush Sirus with your damage. Remember he will still take damage after you die.
Last edited by hitmantb on Apr 29, 2020, 2:57:18 AM
Thank you hitmantb for posting this build. I was looking for something pretty tanky but ended up with an absolute beast on both ends of the spectrum.

If you're still unsure about the viability of this build, it's legit.
Just head's up, you cannot use Fortify with Flame Dash. Or am I misunderstanding something?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info