[3.10] Inva's Indigon Archmage | 10k eHP | 40 million x 2 Shaper eDPS | Deathless 100% Delirium T16

Hydra Map Run - example of usual mapping gameplay
"
T16 100% Delirium - suboptimal gameplay
Spoiler
I cast Orb of Storms too frequently in this map, crippling my own damage (you will realise that Storm Brand has been greyed out very often, meaning that the mana cost exceeded my maximum mana).

Path of Building Code during this video: https://pastebin.com/rwsRerAg

• 40 million Shaper/Guardian effective DPS per brand (semi-realistic, Shock unticked in PoB)

• 55 million effective DPS per brand (with Shock ticked in PoB) - unlikely to achieve the full 50% shock effect but 20-30% should be feasible.

Note that I have edited it such that the DPS figures already take into account the updated mana cost of Storm Brand as well as the notables Sign of Purpose, Brand Loyalty and Arcane Capacitor.

+ Speedy map clearer and great at bossing
+ Lab is really easy with Agnostic
+ Desecrated/burning ground in maps is not an issue

- Having to limit your SB casts to only one every 4-5 seconds may not be to everyone's tastes
- Cannot run ele reflect and no regen maps

Indigon is great because it allows us to drop health flasks and have high spell DPS without having to use Fevered Mind, which in turn frees up jewel sockets. However, it is not very popular because you can exceed the mana cost cap of Archmage and gimp your own damage if you do not build properly around it. In this build, we attempt to simplify the usage of Indigon by:

• Linking movement skills/Brand Recall to blood magic to prevent excess mana expenditure.

• Optimising maximum mana/mana cost to get max DPS out of Storm Brand from a single cast, so all we have to do to maintain maximum DPS is cast Storm Brand every 4-5 seconds (with the aid of a metronome).

Cloak of Defiance is reasonably cheap, saves us a passive point (MoM keystone), gives us more eHP with the damage taken from mana before life mod and grants us extra mana regen to run RF and Omeyocan.

Venarius Militant Faith allows us to run The Agnostic which increases our survivability immensely. Take care to use the correct militant faith jewel, and check to make sure that your militant faith jewel is not converting key nodes such as Arcanist's Dominion and Quick Recovery to something else.

You may opt to help Alira initially before respeccing for the 2 passive points later on in the game when your gear is better and your res are capped.

The trees provided below are meant to be a rough guide:
44 Points
73 Points
106 Points

When you have enough resists from gear and have obtained good cluster jewels, you can respec out of Light of Divinity, Holy Dominion, Nimbleness, Crackling Speed and Lightning Walker.

When you have both a Mana Recovery belt and Clarity Mana Recovery Watcher's Eye, you can respec out of Aqueous Accelerant.

Ideally you'd want one with an open suffix to craft 'Trigger a Socketed Spell when You use a Skill'

Shield: Light of Lunaris

Helm: Indigon - Get one with as low an %increased mana cost of skills as possible. the %maximum mana roll isn't as important.

Armour: Cloak of Defiance

Amulet: Atziri's Foible or Rare Amulet ideal anointment is Arcane Chemistry (if you're wealthy), or Dreamer

Rings: Life, Mana, Mana Regen, Resists

Belt: Life, Mana, Resists, Mana Recovery Rate (this mod is expensive)

Gloves: Life, Mana, Resists

Boots: Omecoyan or a pair of Elusive/Tailwind boots (if you're wealthy)

Large Cluster Jewels x 2
Scintillating Idea + Disorienting Display + 2 Jewel Sockets + Any random notable (you will likely not be using this random notable, it is needed to ensure that you only need to spend 5 points to get the prioritised notables and 2 jewel sockets).

Medium Cluster Jewel x 1
Brand Loyalty + Grand Design + Jewel Socket

Megalomaniac is not a priority. It would only be worth it if it has Scintillating Idea + Clarity of Purpose/Liquid Inspiration and another useful notable.

Jewels %maximum life and %maximum mana are priorities, followed by %crit multiplier and another useful mod (example: dex, res, damage)

Bossing setup: Storm Brand - Archmage (get a level 21 0q gem) - Conc. Effect - Lightning Pen - Controlled Destruction - Arcane Surge
Mapping setup: Storm Brand - Archmage (get a level 21 0q gem) - Incr. Crit Strikes - Lightning Pen - Chain - Arcane Surge

Orb of Storms - Curse on Hit - Conductivity/Assassin's Mark - PCOC

CWDT - Tempest Shield - Immortal Call (there's no need to level these)

Flame Dash/Frost Blink/Dash - Blood Magic - Second Wind - Brand Recall

Wand (Trigger Socketed Spells): Wave of Conviction - Physical to Lightning - Blade Blast (do not level Blade Blast to keep you safe from Phys Reflect)

Auras
Clarity - Keep at level 1
Precision - Keep at level 1

It is only worth using these auras if you have the relevant Watcher's Eye jewels for it. The ideal one for Clarity is 'Increased Mana Recovery while affected by Clarity' while that for Precision is + critical strike multiplier while affected by Precision'.
Build of the Week 14
The first Righteous Fire/Non-Shavronne's/Shavronne's HC
Shameless self-proclaimed theory-crafting extraordinaire and forum crusader
Last edited by Invalesco on Apr 13, 2020, 5:47:07 AM
Last bumped on Sep 10, 2020, 5:29:05 AM
-reserved-
Build of the Week 14
Hey mate,
Nice build, cool variation of current storm brand trend. One question, why aren't you using arcane cloak? I thought that was one of the things that made these builds so strong.
"
Codiak324 wrote:
Hey mate,
Nice build, cool variation of current storm brand trend. One question, why aren't you using arcane cloak? I thought that was one of the things that made these builds so strong.

Thanks! Arcane Cloak would consume too much mana and cause my Storm Brand's mana cost to exceed my maximum mana (because of Indigon), thus removing the damage bonus from Archmage. In the end, I decided to opt for damage bonus with reliable uptime (Indigon) versus a buff with regular downtime (Arcane Cloak).
Build of the Week 14
Makes sense, thanks!
Two more questions, do you have to be extremely specific in the roll you get on the indigo for mana increase vs. the maximum amount of mana you end up with? Like if I pick one that has a higher mana usage roll than yours I would have to make sure I have more maximum mana ? Also, when do you cast orb of storms....do you have to be careful with it not to mess up your bonuses as well?
Last edited by Codiak324 on Apr 9, 2020, 12:12:22 AM
"
Codiak324 wrote:
Two more questions, do you have to be extremely specific in the roll you get on the indigo for mana increase vs. the maximum amount of mana you end up with? Like if I pick one that has a higher mana usage roll than yours I would have to make sure I have more maximum mana ? Also, when do you cast orb of storms....do you have to be careful with it not to mess up your bonuses as well?

A lower %mana cost roll is always better because it make it easier to keep within the mana cost limit when your maximum mana is high.

Having a higher maximum mana doesn't mean you can afford to have a higher %mana cost roll. The converse is true.

For instance, assuming your storm brand costs 20% of your maximum mana. If you have 5000 maximum mana, the mana cost of the initial cast would be 1000. If you have a 60% incr. mana cost roll, the mana cost of your storm brand would jump to 4000 which would still be within your limit.

However, if you have 8000 mana, the initial mana cost would be 1600. Having a 50% incr. mana cost roll would bring the mana cost to 8000, any higher a mana cost roll and it would exceed your mana cap.

Yes, you have to be careful not to cast orb of storms too frequently. In fact, in the video I posted I actually screwed up a number of times by casting OOS too often. You can see that my Storm Brand icon was greyed out a number of times and that crippled my damage. I will need to record another run to properly showcase the DPS of the build.
Build of the Week 14
So what is the ideal play style or pattern? I.E. cast x number of SB to start -> recast storm brand every x seconds -> cast OoS every x seconds or only on rare packs etc....?
Hello Invalesco,

I really like the build as its really tanky and doing really good damage but there is a but that is definitly on my side as I'm to dumb or noob to figure out my problem hehe.

When I'm checking your PoB you have a total mana of around 8k+ wish is big as you have really good items, on my side I tried to make the build work with the ammount of exalts I had around 10 ex invested so far into the build.

But I'm stuck at 1.2k mana ingame and I can't figure it out why.
I made a PoB and imported all my items here https://pastebin.com/3iDcxvvh and it say I should be around 6k+ mana but yet ingame I'm stuck with 1.2k I know I don't have best item but I shouldn't be at 1.2k mana according to PoB send help please.

Last edited by Dyls17 on Apr 10, 2020, 11:13:44 AM
You say you map with Chain in? But how do you keep the mana cost low enough to keep the damage bonus? Chain is a 50% mana multiplier and conc is only 40%.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info