[3.15?] (Archived) Ball Lightning Miner | Facetank Sirus | Destroy All content

"
Sigthorne wrote:
Build theorycrafting question:

I was tinkering around yesterday with the idea of what we could replace Omeyocan with if we went all-out with Harvest crafting, and came up with this. DPS difference is of course pretty slim, but I think the increase in MS and action speed from Tailwind and Elusive should tip the scale a bit more.

The only thing I do wonder about, as it's difficult to simulate in PoB, is how much we'd be affected by the loss of flat dodge in favour of the ever-changing amount via Elusive. I think a socket could safely take Withering Step to keep the buff going pretty consistently, but it's hard to get reasonable stats on this for sure.

The other thing I think it may be difficult to sim is the loss of constant Onslaught, meaning we'll most likely have it for map clearing this way, but zero when bossing, unless they're constantly spawning adds. The Onslaught suffix could possibly be better spent elsewhere, and instead applied with MS%+Onslaught craft in the prefix, but I couldn't really see many other suffix options that would be both useful and realistic to craft. Ideally we'd have both dodge chances and Tailwind, but rolling the both of those is way too low via every crafting method to be sustainable.

This is of course just currency fodder at this point, since the actual increase in utility vs the cost of dual influencing and rolling is unlikely to be worth it unless you're rich, compared to the other gear slot upgrades, but thoughts on it would be appreciated nonetheless!

Thanks.

The amount of dodge we get from Omeyocan is pretty irreplaceable. There are other ways to push the build's damage potential higher without losing that dodge in the process. Also, mines critting don't count as YOU critting, so elusive and tailwind won't proc (except off like vigilant strike and trigger spells if you use them, but those won't get anywhere close to keeping the buffs up)
"
chipawa wrote:
Spoiler
"
Sigthorne wrote:
"
chipawa wrote:
Hello everyone! I wanted some feedback on the build. I switched from PF + Sabo to PF + Heiro yesterday. Overall, it feels a little more tanky, but the damage seemed to go down significantly. Is that the trade off I am supposed to notice?

I wanted to get ideas on how to improve the build and if there is any low hanging fruit that isn't a crit multi watcher's eye investment. Just any general advice or things I have completely wrong.

I tried an explode mace and it was decent for clear, but seemed weak for bossing. I don't think the mace was rolled very well. Do people notice something similar or did I do that wrong as well?

POB: https://pastebin.com/rJezbfMK

The most noticeable things I could see, as far as low hanging fruit goes:

- Unspec from Throatseeker, and down into Saboteur. PoB calculates the average hit damage to be about the same, but the 2 additional mines will give us a good bit more damage.

- Since your tree is specced back into Saboteur and Assassination, you can remove the Thread of Hope. Replace it with a jewel that'll give some combination of flat mana, % mana or crit.

- Get a better annointment. Swapping out what you have now for Crusader, or Arcane Capacitor is a big boost.

- Crit flask. Bit of a multi-tiered change, but I'd get rid of staunching on the mana flask, replace it with Catarina's crit mod. Instead of staunching I've got corrupted blood immunity on the jewel I stick in my stygian, but putting it on one of your other flasks works too (although you have less room for maneouver there, since you're running 2 uniques).

- Gem level: BL gets a good increase in flat added lightning damage per level. Swapping out to a 21 gem is an easy source of a bit more damage.

- Then probably the most important one: More mana. Flat mana, in all of the places. You have so many jewels, and only one of them is giving flat mana. Abyss jewels can give up to +40 flat mana each, which with your current scaling is an additional 140 mana and +1500 to average hit. Obviously don't swap out all of your mine throwing jewels for them, but we scale a lot of our damage from mana, so a few extra sources of flat mana will not go amiss. To scale that up then to your weapons, by not having T1 max mana on them you're losing out on 650 mana total (each) and an additional 6k damage per hit.

- More expensive upgrades: Rare crafting your amulet and replacing Dream Fragments gives a fair upgrade overall upgrade. The dual crafted stygian option gives another huge damage boost, but is of course an expensive and cumbersome craft. Expensive sceptres with mana, would be an upgrade of course, but also a lot of painful crafting when you've already got semi-decent weapon crafts already, decide worth at own risk. Better rolls on Cloak of Defiance (perfect flat mana), and Indigon (+Spell Damage). Indigon especially adds a lot with 25% Spell Damage compared to the 21% you have now, but I've not checked prices for perfect rolls. Could be down to an ex now, which would definitely be worthwhile.

- Upgrades, I guess? : Your large cluster jewel would be improved if you replaced Prismatic Heart with Snowstorm, but you get more out of Stormdrinker than you would from Scintillating Idea, as the 20% additional mana isn't adding that much more without more flat mana sources. Worth swapping to if you get more flat mana.

You can play around with all those changes in PoB, some are definitely more worthwhile than others, so decide for yourself based on the cost and effort!

Footnote: I really need to stop beginning to write a short response and turning it into an essay, really distracting me from work haha.

Man, thank you so much for all of your input and time. I really appreciate it. I sat there for a few hours last night just weighing the options. I moved around a lot of points to get rid of my third flask cluster jewel in favor of more mana nodes. I replaced the indigon for a better roll, ball lightning lvl 21, got a crit flask enchant, anointed crusader. I remember reading something became useless after you annoint crusader, but I cannot recall.

I haven't been able to get many forms of flat mana. The abyss jewels are pretty sparse with mana and life and good rolls. I'll keep my eye out. I also need to try to upgrade/craft the clusters, but that seems like a longshot to craft. The new amulet didn't seem worth the craft, but my POB skills may be lacking (it came up as a damage loss). The dual crafted stygian also confused me, I had the crusader influence lightning damage and add/removed lightning so now I have the crit chance unfortunately. The dual influenced gloves also confused my POB so I have no idea how much of an upgrade that would be.

I am also considering going back to PF + Sabo instead of my current PF + Heiro. It just feels a bit worse.

Overall. I am going to focus on either selling my current weapons to upgrade to the scepter for more damage and mana and get a few more abyss jewels. I don't expect you to sift through all this again, I just wanted to let you know that I really appreciate the time you put into it and didn't want it to go unanswered.

That being said. Still looking for dumb dumb mistakes (aka. no flat mana in my build).

POB: https://pastebin.com/r4fAJe1a

The Build usually only get's flat mana on weapons, gloves, belt and 1 abyss jewel. Youre missing out on 2/4 item slots and those 2 slots can roll over 300 flat mana combined. Belt/gloves only get to 160 ish with catalysts. Depending on your currency buy cheap sceptres with 110+ mana and 1-2 good other mods. Flat lightning might seem ok now but it's pretty useless when you max out your gear.

Besides that there are a couple thing i noticed (nothing major/wrong tho)

https://pastebin.com/Jgyy1V2e (I use the community fork) On the tree i did a couple small changes. Dropped Throatseeker, Battle Rouse and Soul Siphon. Got
Blast Cascade, Profane Chemistry, the last Dynamo note and some flask effect (very important for our build btw)

Your Flasks could use some work, warding instead of grounding on the mana flask. Maybe a quartz instead of the atziri flask.

Your Medium Jewel needs Spiked Concotion instead of Special Reserve. Other jewels I cba to check. Life/throw speed prefixes, multi/resists suffix. I suggest crafting your own with harvest. Buy speed/multi jewels, remove crappy prefix and add life, remove crappy suffix and add res.

Cloak of Defiance with 135 is fine but can be swapped for 148+ pretty cheaply i think.

Look into Stygian Belts with Mana Recovery Rate. This should be your next bigger upgrade after weapons.

Gem Links are ok, just small stuff i would change. Drop Precision/Enlighten, 20% crit chance isn't worth the gem slots. I also removed Inc Duration from Arcane Cloak in my setup to increase the uptime of big Indigon/Arcane Surge buffs, i'd use dash/flame dash here.
Also i would sell the Wave of Conviction and Blade Blast and get lvl 1 Wave and lvl 1/23 Blade Blast. I killed myself more times than i'd like to admit before i realized why i died in phys reflect maps <.< Another important thing to prevent dying is Enduring Cry, best linked with a second wind. And if you use Vigilant Strike try to fit in the vigil jewel. I'm at 39s uptime and it's marvelous.

Boot Enchant. Mana reg or pen/crit if you haven't killed recently. I'd just go with whatever you get first tbh. Pen/crit are a bit more important for you atm tho i think.

This was pretty much the only build i played in Harvest and i had a ton of fun min-maxing (ok i'm about 95% there) my Character. All of my rare items are selfmade and pretty nice to look at imo. I even got ultra lucky and got the helm enchant myself when i had 2 spare enchants after doing the boots in the new uber lab. If anyone has questions about crafting process of my items or need help with your items feel free to pm me.

My Gear
Other Jewels look pretty much like this with different resistances

"
Dolmur wrote:
The amount of dodge we get from Omeyocan is pretty irreplaceable. There are other ways to push the build's damage potential higher without losing that dodge in the process. Also, mines critting don't count as YOU critting, so elusive and tailwind won't proc (except off like vigilant strike and trigger spells if you use them, but those won't get anywhere close to keeping the buffs up)

Oh interesting, I didn't realise the crits didn't count for us, good to know before I started experimenting with real currency then haha! Thanks for the info.
"
Sigthorne wrote:
Build theorycrafting question:

I was tinkering around yesterday with the idea of what we could replace Omeyocan with if we went all-out with Harvest crafting, and came up with this. DPS difference is of course pretty slim, but I think the increase in MS and action speed from Tailwind and Elusive should tip the scale a bit more.

The only thing I do wonder about, as it's difficult to simulate in PoB, is how much we'd be affected by the loss of flat dodge in favour of the ever-changing amount via Elusive. I think a socket could safely take Withering Step to keep the buff going pretty consistently, but it's hard to get reasonable stats on this for sure.

The other thing I think it may be difficult to sim is the loss of constant Onslaught, meaning we'll most likely have it for map clearing this way, but zero when bossing, unless they're constantly spawning adds. The Onslaught suffix could possibly be better spent elsewhere, and instead applied with MS%+Onslaught craft in the prefix, but I couldn't really see many other suffix options that would be both useful and realistic to craft. Ideally we'd have both dodge chances and Tailwind, but rolling the both of those is way too low via every crafting method to be sustainable.

This is of course just currency fodder at this point, since the actual increase in utility vs the cost of dual influencing and rolling is unlikely to be worth it unless you're rich, compared to the other gear slot upgrades, but thoughts on it would be appreciated nonetheless!

Thanks.

If I could add one thing to this build, it would probably be physical damage mitigation. Its pretty much a dice roll everytime you get hit because if dodge/evasion fails, you take pretty much 100%. You can somewhat notice what I mean if you pop Vaal/Maraketh legions. Sometimes you just get evaporated, other times its a walk in the park.
"
Sigthorne wrote:
"
Dolmur wrote:

Oh interesting, I didn't realise the crits didn't count for us, good to know before I started experimenting with real currency then haha! Thanks for the info.

Mines hitting doesn't count as you hitting. This means mods/passives that have "if YOU haven't killed/crit recently" are up permanently. Makes Boot enchantments pretty easy dmg increase.
Finished crafting my GG weapons!

The first is based off of Faendris's description, with some optimizations of my own. The second was a pretty fun project to figure out. For this weapon, I had some extra requirements in order to reach my goals. First, it had to contain "+1 to Level of all Lightning Spell Skill Gems". This gets Arcane Cloak to level 25, which hits a breakpoint to go from 15% of mana spent as lightning damage to 16%, resulting in a huge DPS increase. The second requirement was T1 mana regen. Combined with the rest of my build (notably an increased mana recovery while affected by clarity watcher's eye), this allows me to sustain Righteous Fire passively. You can get to that point much more easily if you just want to sustain it while in combat, but I wanted to be able to sustain it while idling. With righteous fire active, I'm able to reach nearly 600k avg hit.

Here's the crafting process I used for the second weapon:
1. Start with any ilvl 81+ Sambar Sceptre, alt spam for T1 mana.
2. Use "reroll with lucky modifier values" plant crafts until acceptable mana roll.
3. This is your fracture base. Beast imprint it. Alternatively you can try to buy sceptres with well-rolled T1 mana on them, but those will likely to be hard to find. The goal here is to avoid having to reroll T1 mana AND divine it each time a fracture fails, because that's a fairly expensive and time consuming process.
4. Regal, then use any bench craft and if necessary "aug phys" plant craft to get enough mods. Fracture. If the fracture doesn't hit mana, restore it with your imprint and go back to step 3.
5. If desired, use Perfect Fossils until you hit acceptable quality.
6. Scour, transmute, and alt/aug spam for T1 mana regen.
Current Item State
P: Flat Mana
P: EMPTY
S: Mana Regen
S: EMPTY

7. Regal and hope for anything removable. If you hit something you can't safely remove, go back to step 6. In my case, I got a low tier lightning damage to spells.
Current Item State
P: Junk Lightning Dmg to Spells

8. Craft a junk prefix, then plant aug some junk that won't conflict with anything else to fill a suffix. I chose to craft fire damage and aug attack, which resulted in life gain on hit.
Current Item State
P: Crafted Fire Dmg
S: Junk Life Gain On Hit

9. Replace the craft with Cannot Roll Attack Mods. This will remain on the item until we're finished. It helps us roll all three of the remaining affixes that we want.
Current Item State
S: Cannot Roll Attack Mods

10. Plant Aug, Remove/Add Fire until you get any tier of added fire damage to spells (should only take a couple attempts). This blocks added lightning damage for spells, improving the odds for our next step from ~33 attempts to ~12 attempts.
Current Item State
P: Junk Fire Dmg to Spells

11. Plant Remove/Add Lightning for +1 to Level of Lightning Spell Skill Gems.
Current Item State
P: Lightning Spell Gem Lvl
P: Junk Fire Dmg to Spells

12. Plant Remove Fire, then Aug Chaos, Remove/Add Chaos for T1 Lightning as Extra Chaos Damage.
Current Item State
P: Lightning As Extra Chaos

13. Plant remove the junk suffix, then Aug Crit, Remove/Add Crit until T1 Crit Mult. Note: It's totally fine to do this step before getting the two lightning prefixes if you want, order doesn't really matter.
Current Item State
S: Crit Mult

14. Replace Cannot Roll Attack Mods with your desired craft, enchant, divine, and enjoy!
Current Item State
S: Crit Mult
S: Trigger Socketed Spell
The most noticeable things I could see, as far as low hanging fruit goes:

- Unspec from Throatseeker, and down into Saboteur. PoB calculates the average hit damage to be about the same, but the 2 additional mines will give us a good bit more damage.

- Since your tree is specced back into Saboteur and Assassination, you can remove the Thread of Hope. Replace it with a jewel that'll give some combination of flat mana, % mana or crit.

- Get a better annointment. Swapping out what you have now for Crusader, or Arcane Capacitor is a big boost.

- Crit flask. Bit of a multi-tiered change, but I'd get rid of staunching on the mana flask, replace it with Catarina's crit mod. Instead of staunching I've got corrupted blood immunity on the jewel I stick in my stygian, but putting it on one of your other flasks works too (although you have less room for maneouver there, since you're running 2 uniques).

- Gem level: BL gets a good increase in flat added lightning damage per level. Swapping out to a 21 gem is an easy source of a bit more damage.

- Then probably the most important one: More mana. Flat mana, in all of the places. You have so many jewels, and only one of them is giving flat mana. Abyss jewels can give up to +40 flat mana each, which with your current scaling is an additional 140 mana and +1500 to average hit. Obviously don't swap out all of your mine throwing jewels for them, but we scale a lot of our damage from mana, so a few extra sources of flat mana will not go amiss. To scale that up then to your weapons, by not having T1 max mana on them you're losing out on 650 mana total (each) and an additional 6k damage per hit.

- More expensive upgrades: Rare crafting your amulet and replacing Dream Fragments gives a fair upgrade overall upgrade. The dual crafted stygian option gives another huge damage boost, but is of course an expensive and cumbersome craft. Expensive sceptres with mana, would be an upgrade of course, but also a lot of painful crafting when you've already got semi-decent weapon crafts already, decide worth at own risk. Better rolls on Cloak of Defiance (perfect flat mana), and Indigon (+Spell Damage). Indigon especially adds a lot with 25% Spell Damage compared to the 21% you have now, but I've not checked prices for perfect rolls. Could be down to an ex now, which would definitely be worthwhile.

- Upgrades, I guess? : Your large cluster jewel would be improved if you replaced Prismatic Heart with Snowstorm, but you get more out of Stormdrinker than you would from Scintillating Idea, as the 20% additional mana isn't adding that much more without more flat mana sources. Worth swapping to if you get more flat mana.

You can play around with all those changes in PoB, some are definitely more worthwhile than others, so decide for yourself based on the cost and effort!

Footnote: I really need to stop beginning to write a short response and turning it into an essay, really distracting me from work haha.[/quote]

Man, thank you so much for all of your input and time. I really appreciate it. I sat there for a few hours last night just weighing the options. I moved around a lot of points to get rid of my third flask cluster jewel in favor of more mana nodes. I replaced the indigon for a better roll, ball lightning lvl 21, got a crit flask enchant, anointed crusader. I remember reading something became useless after you annoint crusader, but I cannot recall.

I haven't been able to get many forms of flat mana. The abyss jewels are pretty sparse with mana and life and good rolls. I'll keep my eye out. I also need to try to upgrade/craft the clusters, but that seems like a longshot to craft. The new amulet didn't seem worth the craft, but my POB skills may be lacking (it came up as a damage loss). The dual crafted stygian also confused me, I had the crusader influence lightning damage and add/removed lightning so now I have the crit chance unfortunately. The dual influenced gloves also confused my POB so I have no idea how much of an upgrade that would be.

I am also considering going back to PF + Sabo instead of my current PF + Heiro. It just feels a bit worse.

Overall. I am going to focus on either selling my current weapons to upgrade to the scepter for more damage and mana and get a few more abyss jewels. I don't expect you to sift through all this again, I just wanted to let you know that I really appreciate the time you put into it and didn't want it to go unanswered.

That being said. Still looking for dumb dumb mistakes (aka. no flat mana in my build).

POB: https://pastebin.com/r4fAJe1a [/spoiler][/quote]

The Build usually only get's flat mana on weapons, gloves, belt and 1 abyss jewel. Youre missing out on 2/4 item slots and those 2 slots can roll over 300 flat mana combined. Belt/gloves only get to 160 ish with catalysts. Depending on your currency buy cheap sceptres with 110+ mana and 1-2 good other mods. Flat lightning might seem ok now but it's pretty useless when you max out your gear.

Besides that there are a couple thing i noticed (nothing major/wrong tho)

https://pastebin.com/Jgyy1V2e (I use the community fork) On the tree i did a couple small changes. Dropped Throatseeker, Battle Rouse and Soul Siphon. Got
Blast Cascade, Profane Chemistry, the last Dynamo note and some flask effect (very important for our build btw)

Your Flasks could use some work, warding instead of grounding on the mana flask. Maybe a quartz instead of the atziri flask.

Your Medium Jewel needs Spiked Concotion instead of Special Reserve. Other jewels I cba to check. Life/throw speed prefixes, multi/resists suffix. I suggest crafting your own with harvest. Buy speed/multi jewels, remove crappy prefix and add life, remove crappy suffix and add res.

Cloak of Defiance with 135 is fine but can be swapped for 148+ pretty cheaply i think.

Look into Stygian Belts with Mana Recovery Rate. This should be your next bigger upgrade after weapons.

Gem Links are ok, just small stuff i would change. Drop Precision/Enlighten, 20% crit chance isn't worth the gem slots. I also removed Inc Duration from Arcane Cloak in my setup to increase the uptime of big Indigon/Arcane Surge buffs, i'd use dash/flame dash here.
Also i would sell the Wave of Conviction and Blade Blast and get lvl 1 Wave and lvl 1/23 Blade Blast. I killed myself more times than i'd like to admit before i realized why i died in phys reflect maps <.< Another important thing to prevent dying is Enduring Cry, best linked with a second wind. And if you use Vigilant Strike try to fit in the vigil jewel. I'm at 39s uptime and it's marvelous.

Boot Enchant. Mana reg or pen/crit if you haven't killed recently. I'd just go with whatever you get first tbh. Pen/crit are a bit more important for you atm tho i think.

This was pretty much the only build i played in Harvest and i had a ton of fun min-maxing (ok i'm about 95% there) my Character. All of my rare items are selfmade and pretty nice to look at imo. I even got ultra lucky and got the helm enchant myself when i had 2 spare enchants after doing the boots in the new uber lab. If anyone has questions about crafting process of my items or need help with your items feel free to pm me.

My Gear
Other Jewels look pretty much like this with different resistances

[/quote]

Thank you very much for your time. I have spent a lot of time reading all these posts and trying to improve my build. The weapons seem like the best place to focus my energy after correcting my tree and jewels. I am just getting caught up in how people are getting 5% non-chaos as extra chaos damage. It is not a crafting mod and everyone somehow is fracturing it like it is the easiest thing ever. It seems like a very low chance. Do people just put in an extraordinary amount of time and attempts to get it via harvest crafting?
Hey OP, just wanted to let you know.

Thank you sooooo much!

I got my first ever sirus kill with this build. ;) woohoo!
"
chipawa wrote:

Thank you very much for your time. I have spent a lot of time reading all these posts and trying to improve my build. The weapons seem like the best place to focus my energy after correcting my tree and jewels. I am just getting caught up in how people are getting 5% non-chaos as extra chaos damage. It is not a crafting mod and everyone somehow is fracturing it like it is the easiest thing ever. It seems like a very low chance. Do people just put in an extraordinary amount of time and attempts to get it via harvest crafting?

It's not actually all that hard to get. It's a temple mod though so you'll need to buy bases that already have it on. The rest of the mods don't matter. When I made my first weapon there were lots of 81+ sambar scepters with the mod still being posted for under 20c so they were fairly easy to pick up. Demand for them has gone up a lot though. You can still probably snipe at least one within a reasonable amount of time if you put up a live search. Once you have that one, you can try to turn it magic (couple different ways of doing this depending on the mods) and imprint it, so you don't have to find any more bases. Alternately, and probably MUCH cheaper, just look for other types of sceptres as well, namely opal and void. There should be many more available and the DPS difference is fairly small.

As for the actual fracturing step, it only takes ~3 tries if you're fracturing prefixes. If you have a lot of bases to attempt on, you can use the fracture 5 affix version as well. To farm your own fracture crafts, make sure you're using the highest flowers/blossoms you have available. Position your tier 4 seed in a corner so you can place those blossoms such that they'll only overlap a few seeds in that corner. This prevents charges being used on seeds you don't care about.
one thing that bothers me, how can anybody say this is just 'OP build, can't die, lul sirus' etc??

wtf build are you playing, because it taint this one and it taint POE. I still (often) die in juiced t16's so unless you''re running them WHITE, how the fuck are you NOT getting one shot every few maps?

I just see that statement and frankly laugh; there's no ES/life on block etc. to sustain (yeah, we get 50% dr into MANA) but unless you have cloak up and full mana, you are in danger.

Can somebody tell me WHY I'm dying so much? I don't actually care tbh, I can't be assed to go over 95 for really any build, but I'd honestly like to know if I'm missing something here....

Honestly, Thanks
Still a killer build!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info