Thank you guys

My health has been in good shape so far at this time. A couple days a go I was in the our COVID unit relieving on of the nurses ( I was charge/head nurse that night). But we had a case of one individual who was admitted for one problem for unrelated reasons started deteriorating within a day or two, and was found out being positive for COVID (yikes). Our admin/disease officers tracing which healthcare workers who got exposed.

Even we're questioning intubation that night because it's a high risk procedure of producing droplets/aerosols within the room. And this is in a negative pressure room by the way. But for that that night, the person is hanging on and still responsive. But looking at the blood gasses...not so good

Ph: 7.44
PcO2: 33.6
PaO2: 47.1 <--- (normal range is 80% and above)
Bicarb (HCO3): 28.6

and this is on 100% oxygen (and already toxic levels).

We are bracing for the peak which is 9 days for now for the state of california. Fingers crossed!
Last edited by Molochmane on Apr 6, 2020, 5:50:29 PM
"
Molochmane wrote:
My health has been in good shape so far at this time. A couple days a go I was in the our COVID unit relieving on of the nurses ( I was charge/head nurse that night). But we had a case of one individual who was admitted for one problem for unrelated reasons started deteriorating within a day or two, and was found out being positive for COVID (yikes). Our admin/disease officers tracing which healthcare workers who got exposed.

Even we're questioning intubation that night because it's a high risk procedure of producing droplets/aerosols within the room. And this is in a negative pressure room by the way. But for that that night, the person is hanging on and still responsive. But looking at the blood gasses...not so good

We are bracing for the peak which is 9 days for now for the state of california. Fingers crossed!

Sending out some prayers, thank you for sharing. I’m in California, I placed my name down to join the program to donate blood for those of us whom had the disease to help. Hopefully save some lives... Again lots of hugs and prayers your way.
"Another... Solwitch thread." AST
Current Games: :::City Skylines:::Elite Dangerous::: Division 2

"...our most seemingly ironclad beliefs about our own agency and conscious experience can be dead wrong." -Adam Bear
"
Molochmane wrote:

how is that person still ...nvm. YOu got this.

Legit thoughts and prayers here, I can't imagine the stress and uncertainty for you and colleagues but I'm pretty sure it puts AL8 Sirius or six-mod Aul to shame.
[19:36]#Mirror_stacking_clown: try smoke ganja every day for 10 years and do memory game
Yeah, you know you're in a furnace of stress and tension when high-end PoE grinding is genuinely your means of chilling out. ;)
https://linktr.ee/wjameschan -- everything I've ever done worth talking about, and even that is debatable.
Hope your regulating your sleep schedule, seems to be the first thing out of the window currently that has a trickle down effect on performance and health.

Best of luck for the comming month and a half o7

Peace,

-Boem-
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info