PLEASE enable the "exact price only" check box in Trade!

A market is a market. It's meant to be used as a flexable way to sell it can also be used to flip. I mean look at Old School RuneScape it's market based ppl flip for money all the time. Honestly if ppl were intending to buy low sell high than they would scroll pages to find one priced low. anyways if ppl wanna sell things at high crazy prices than they'll be selling to ppl buying currency from a website instead of earning it most likely so feel free to do that tbh. but you/they entered a market should expect a market rather than a trade. It's supply and demand you/they supply it then the market sets it's demand based on their best offer then you accept the best one. Easiest to look at it as you're a company selling a product and the offers are potential investors looking for the best deal they can get/offer that works or doesn't work for you. Your bike vs car reference confuses me slightly but it was funny :P.
Look, this all boils down to giving players options.

There is no right way or wrong way to use the market.

I believe that on console we actually have the building blocks of the best version of trading within the game, BUT...

It cannot just just be dropped there and left without attention. It's a fantastic start and needs to be built upon based on feedback and (I would assume) internal QA testing.

Some of trading's greatest frustrations on console are so so simple to overcome.

I have outlined some valid suggestions from my experience over the past 2 leagues above.
Last edited by Pidge_1 on Apr 1, 2020, 3:53:53 PM
"
A market is a market. It's meant to be used as a flexable way to sell it can also be used to flip. I mean look at Old School RuneScape it's market based ppl flip for money all the time. Honestly if ppl were intending to buy low sell high than they would scroll pages to find one priced low. anyways if ppl wanna sell things at high crazy prices than they'll be selling to ppl buying currency from a website instead of earning it most likely so feel free to do that tbh. but you/they entered a market should expect a market rather than a trade. It's supply and demand you/they supply it then the market sets it's demand based on their best offer then you accept the best one. Easiest to look at it as you're a company selling a product and the offers are potential investors looking for the best deal they can get/offer that works or doesn't work for you. Your bike vs car reference confuses me slightly but it was funny :P.

Spotted the bratty lowballer who thinks they should never have to pay full price and values other people's time at ZERO.

If I don't want to sell things for lowball prices, I shouldn't have to put up with harassment from lowballers.

And I do mean harassment. Sometimes 50+ offers from the same person on the same item over and over and over. And it's usually a 1c offer on something expensive.

The market is clearly broken and needs to be fixed.
"
QQPQ wrote:
It doesn't even have to actually do anything (other than show up in the listing somehow).

This league is the worst ever for stupid lowball offers and people trying to freaking nickle and dime everything.

The PS4 market is already atrocious. GGG, please help us!

I'm tempted to just turn off all my trade tabs, but I feel bad for the players who do actually trade appropriately and have so little access to legitimate listings. I don't want to punish them just because there are so many morons around.

3 to 4 times an hour I get "5c" on stuff I have listed for 10c. Rejected. 7c Rejected. 9c. F OFF ALREADY! My time is more valuable than that.

I agree that this is a market so you're not going to get exactly what you want every time...I guess you're the guy who goes to the car lot and buys the car for the exact sticker price? If that's the case I have some things to sell you! Most people don't do that because markets fluctuate and everyone has different valuations for different things.

If you're going to complain about a "lowball" offer of 5c on a 10c item (this is me laughing btw because that's such a small thing to complain about), then just leave the trade up until the guy moves on...people are impatient by nature so they will move on and give up in time.
I just love how GGG set out to “make trading difficult” and they’ve clearly succeeded. I highly doubt there will be any kind of blacklisting or filtering system. In dev posts about trading they talk about how the PC system of items being available on a database was unintended. They’ve stated that if they make it easy to trade, then they’re going to be forced to nerf drop rates to compensate. Given the choice? I’ll take the higher drop rate, pay a couple chaos or exalts more and enjoy the game for what it is. I mean.. what’s the alternative? Farming Pindleskin for 3 weeks straight and hoping for a decent drop? No thanks.
+1 to firm asking price / making set price non-negotiable. Also on the other end of the spectrum, a price should be required. There are as many out there wasting buyers time with no priced items, which confuses the buyer base. Solves stash management as well, no price = not listed.

Honestly let's face it, if I need to use a web based portal for trading...I'd just play the PC version.

I've read GGG's philosophy on trade, and honestly I get it. But like in literally every other game ever, the public forks it up. The console market since launch is borked, face it. I say, burn it down. For one season, while so many are stuck home, we should throw whatever doesn't drop from a specific end game monster for 1c. I mean really, people got face breaker up for 10+ ex. PoE trade bout as screwed up as our RL economy. Let it die, let the RMT's fill their tabs with cheap goods and flood the market with cheap gear.

Nothing will change until we break the system...from players or from GGG's end.
Poe.trade actually has console options too but nobody knows about or can be bothered to use it. A website wouldn’t work, they need to improve the in game trading system
"
Timbo Zero wrote:
"
A few issues, Issue #1 It's a Market, NOT a Trade. Issue #2 "Asking Price:" is nothing more than a starting price/desired best outcome. Issue #3 Those who you refer to as "Low Ballers" eithe A. Earned their currency via farming rather than buying it via a site ergo dont have 800C.O. for a X.O. a week into a new league B. Are new so they don't understand how to farm C.O.'s/Market for them. Issue #4 You're actually pretty egregious if you think anyones gonna waste time to buy any item for X.O.'s this early. Only ppl buying things for X.O.'s specially this early are ppl buying X.O.'s for 1.75$/Ea from a website o.O . Issue #5 If you don't want to deal with Markets don't use the market use a Discord or Reddit to set up a Trade otherwise you're intentionally/Inherently asking for ppl to give their best offers aka literally what a market is.

Just because it’s a market or a tradehouse (term doesn’t matter) doesn’t negate the desire to use ‘no offers’ or the existing ‘o.n.o’ as tags.
There are basically two ‘low baller’ categories, those trying to get an extreme bargain for themselves and those who constantly play ‘the trade board game’ buying excessively low and selling high. The game is full of both types, I get daily spam levels of such low offers and just ignore them but they are annoying.
Just because there are alternatives (such as reddit and discord) doesn’t mean we should not try and improve the current system. That mentality would lead to all bicycles being a penny farthing just because the car exists ;)

The problem isn’t all those poeple too. Some people just have no idea what the thing is worth because it doesn’t have a listed price and just offer something random. People who reject offers on items that don’t have a listing need to add a price in their rejection letter( better yet, the game should ask you if you want to set a price when you reject the offer) so that that person can actually offer you what you want.
"
Timbo Zero wrote:
"
A few issues, Issue #1 It's a Market, NOT a Trade. Issue #2 "Asking Price:" is nothing more than a starting price/desired best outcome. Issue #3 Those who you refer to as "Low Ballers" eithe A. Earned their currency via farming rather than buying it via a site ergo dont have 800C.O. for a X.O. a week into a new league B. Are new so they don't understand how to farm C.O.'s/Market for them. Issue #4 You're actually pretty egregious if you think anyones gonna waste time to buy any item for X.O.'s this early. Only ppl buying things for X.O.'s specially this early are ppl buying X.O.'s for 1.75$/Ea from a website o.O . Issue #5 If you don't want to deal with Markets don't use the market use a Discord or Reddit to set up a Trade otherwise you're intentionally/Inherently asking for ppl to give their best offers aka literally what a market is.

Just because it’s a market or a tradehouse (term doesn’t matter) doesn’t negate the desire to use ‘no offers’ or the existing ‘o.n.o’ as tags.
There are basically two ‘low baller’ categories, those trying to get an extreme bargain for themselves and those who constantly play ‘the trade board game’ buying excessively low and selling high. The game is full of both types, I get daily spam levels of such low offers and just ignore them but they are annoying.
Just because there are alternatives (such as reddit and discord) doesn’t mean we should not try and improve the current system. That mentality would lead to all bicycles being a penny farthing just because the car exists ;)

The problem isn’t all those poeple too. Some people just have no idea what the thing is worth because it doesn’t have a listed price and just offer something random. People who reject offers on items that don’t have a listing need to add a price in their rejection letter( better yet, the game should ask you if you want to set a price when you reject the offer) so that that person can actually offer you what you want.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info