Calling it now, not long after 4.X PoE will be past its prime

"

This game is beyond it's prime since 2018!
German saying: Schönheit und Funktionalität in Sekundenschnelle zu ruinieren, ist dem wahren Dilettanten keine Herausforderung!
torturo: "Though, I'm really concerned, knowing by practice the capabilities of the balance team."
top2000: "let me bend your rear for a moment exile"
Heart of Purity

Awarded 'Silverblade' to Talent Competition Winner 2020.
POE turned into a ratrace for the most div/hour.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NDFO4E5OKSE
Last edited by Reinhart on Mar 17, 2020, 5:57:35 PM
Cool story bro... do you have any other stories...bro...they are amazing....become a writer, please...
"
666lol666 wrote:
"

This game is beyond it's prime since 2018!

I feel you. Compare to a known storyline - wow. Wow was for me best in burning crusade, lets call that your 2018, and then afterwards comes wotlk which by many is heralded the best and definitely most expansive period and comparatively poe is exiting its wotlk period now, with maybe only last golden egg boost if the game runs much better with poe 2. But overall, people are sated with poe and it had its run, people don't look to poe for the future anymore they look here if they want more of what is already here and that really is the core observation here. The hunt and wait for the next big thing has well begun.

There is also the possibility game will become even more messy moving forward. We have already socket systems losing their meaning if all things can 6s according to post - probably just a way for them to take sockets off from gear because that system means you don't use the best items u find coz sockets bind u etc. Looks like some of the bad choices(that nevertheless define the unique aspects of the game, are starting to get removed and thereby game lose some identity). And we have 2 games that can be run into the same endgame and playing together, it is hard how to avoid it becoming a mess. And when you look back GGG just has a history of keep introducing things that make a mess and by the looong time it takes for them to fix it they introduced 2 or 3 more alike things.

They say they want both games to work and play together, but i can just imagine what happens if they make changes to poe 1 in order to make it work with poe 2 but that introduces serious problems and then they make a league that has serious problems and when they need to prioritize they will focus on poe 2 first and eventually will just come out and say that they will stop work on poe 1 because its too much work to fix problems there also and etc etc. It's gonna keep going the GGG programming way:

I am the light of the morning and the shadow on the wall, I am nothing and I am all.
Last edited by Crackmonster on Mar 21, 2020, 12:48:12 PM
"
Crackmonster wrote:

They say they want both games to work and play together, but i can just imagine what happens if they make changes to poe 1 in order to make it work with poe 2 but that introduces serious problems and then they make a league that has serious problems and when they need to prioritize they will focus on poe 2 first and eventually will just come out and say that they will stop work on poe 1 because its too much work to fix problems there also and etc etc.

Do you really know so little about poe 2? They are literally going to be the same game.
"
MrCoo1 wrote:
"
Crackmonster wrote:

They say they want both games to work and play together, but i can just imagine what happens if they make changes to poe 1 in order to make it work with poe 2 but that introduces serious problems and then they make a league that has serious problems and when they need to prioritize they will focus on poe 2 first and eventually will just come out and say that they will stop work on poe 1 because its too much work to fix problems there also and etc etc.

Do you really know so little about poe 2? They are literally going to be the same game.

At the very least the games being different in more aspects than just the story is their stated intention behind a poe 2, they only say they want them to be able to share same endgame. This means, unique development for each way the game functions. Maintaining 2 clients.

I mean can't you hear it yourself? Think about it? How many games do you know with split personality disorder that wants to make 2 clients with different functionality to play the same game and not be a mess? Do you really think GGG is gonna pull this off without it being a mess? What about balance in different socket or other changed systems? The non-main mode is gonna get second place to the main. They will keep making equal efforts to balance both types?

They are making a goddamn legacy client just so those legacy chars won't get broken, because broken chars is one of the main reasons people leave poe, and my guess is hoping baseline improvments will carry onto both clients. Listen to it man? With GGG history that has a HUGE chance of becoming a mess and leading eventually to one day just putting one of them on maintenance mode while giving the max focus to the one they deem ideal.

Either way it doesn't matter because title has already happened, it's just awaiting the time to ripen and finally sealed by poe2 being more of the same.
I am the light of the morning and the shadow on the wall, I am nothing and I am all.
In this case i mean characters that no longer work when people try to come back to them because of changes in the game. Literally broken. Not broken overpowered.

Also consider this. If any of the non-story changes they want to make, makes the games function not identically, like a socket system change like proposed in their own screenshots - then they probably will have to make PoE 2 chars slightly more powerful than PoE 1 chars in many aspects. Why? Because it would be a really really bad situation if you had to use PoE 1 in order to play the most powerful version of a build. And again let me say, if there was no functional changes then there would be 0 need for a PoE2 - they even state so themselves. If it was only story changes and all other things improvements the normal way is to be able to choose a starting campaign like in so many games. There is also mention of a different rendering method or something of that kind, which again leads to unique development to make things work for each client. All this leads to place with a large chance to become messy.

That said i don't care about this particular mess, i expect poe 2 to be a big improvement, at least once they polish it after 1-2 years, and am happy to leave poe1 behind for an upgrade for sure.
Last edited by Crackmonster on Mar 22, 2020, 10:22:44 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info