[3.10] VOIDFORGE Chains of Command (75/75 block, 6K+ life), Cheap 12.5M dps, all content.

"
Mumzye wrote:

Awesome! So pumped to try out this build. Crafting with the Apex of Sacrifice makes a lot of sense. I didn't see that in the original post. I'll start with this trying out selfcast AW for leveling and let you guys know how it goes.

Thanks for the additional budget POB.

Yeah, it was a single sentence each time, I will try to explain it more in details with actual picture of respectives prices once we get in Delirium.

Btw, Heads up. I said Dreamfeather or Wasp's Nest as a starter weapon once you get CoC because somehow, I though the price of Terminus Est was like 10-15c (Not sure why, but it's probably all in my mind). If it's 1c, Terminus est is a much better option than DreamFeather or Wasp's nest (easy 540K dps in the pob where the later were at 350). If it's a bit more expensive, forget it, don't waste you currencies this early.
Last edited by Keyen on Mar 13, 2020, 2:38:00 PM
"
Keyen wrote:
"
Mumzye wrote:

Awesome! So pumped to try out this build. Crafting with the Apex of Sacrifice makes a lot of sense. I didn't see that in the original post. I'll start with this trying out selfcast AW for leveling and let you guys know how it goes.

Thanks for the additional budget POB.

Yeah, it was a single sentence each time, I will try to explain it more in details with actual picture of respectives prices once we get in Delirium.

Btw, Heads up. I said Dreamfeather or Wasp's Nest as a starter weapon once you get CoC because somehow, I though the price of Terminus Est was like 10-15c (Not sure why, but it's probably all in my mind). If it's 1c, Terminus est is a much better option than DreamFeather or Wasp's nest (easy 540K dps in the pob where the later were at 350). If it's a bit more expensive, forget it, don't waste you currencies this early.

That makes sense as well, I'll keep on eye on those items for budget physical options until Voidforge. I noticed in your cheap POBs, a lot of the damage is coming from the 5 abyssal jewels socketed on the tree with 3 minion affixes. I imagine those will be pretty pricey, so the damage early on might be lower than we anticipate, but I'm more confident that the damage and getting gear will be fine.
"
Mumzye wrote:

That makes sense as well, I'll keep on eye on those items for budget physical options until Voidforge. I noticed in your cheap POBs, a lot of the damage is coming from the 5 abyssal jewels socketed on the tree with 3 minion affixes. I imagine those will be pretty pricey, so the damage early on might be lower than we anticipate, but I'm more confident that the damage and getting gear will be fine.

The jewels from the initial 20M dps are not pricey at all (and they have only 2 mods):
https://www.pathofexile.com/trade/search/Standard/eooapprfL

You can find some for 5c.

But even removing the jewels, we are still over 1M dps per weapon.
Last edited by Keyen on Mar 13, 2020, 3:16:52 PM
Yikes, CoC got a massive nerf.
https://poedb.tw/us/gem.php?n=Animate+Guardian%27s+Weapon

No more extra damage and no fast attacks.
"
Darthdevil wrote:

Yeah, just saw that, not sure how I feel about it. Is Poe DB reliable? Because a silent nerf like that without anything in the patch note while pumping AW like crazy sounds really dumb.

I mean, really, the 50-> 14 weapons nerf wasn't enough?

I will still start with CoC, btw, but I don't like it one bit. I hope it's a bug or a mistake from Poe DB.

Oh well, 12,5M dps is good enough for now...
Last edited by Keyen on Mar 13, 2020, 3:42:21 PM
"
Keyen wrote:
"
Darthdevil wrote:

Yeah, just saw that, not sure how I feel about it. Is Poe DB reliable? Because a silent nerf like that without anything in the patch note while pumping AW like crazy sounds really dumb.

It should be accurate since it takes the information directly from the game files. I mean compared to normal AW CoC should still be superior due to beeing an 8-link and using Voidforge, but not mentioning this in the notes is really dumb.
"
Darthdevil wrote:
"
Keyen wrote:
"
Darthdevil wrote:

It should be accurate since it takes the information directly from the game files. I mean compared to normal AW CoC should still be superior due to beeing an 8-link and using Voidforge, but not mentioning this in the notes is really dumb.

No, at this point, CoC can't be competitive. 8L is not good enough when AW has frenzy charge for free, a lot more weapons from gem levels and two stupid more multiplier better than 1L each.

Careful, yet not careful enough...
Last edited by Keyen on Mar 13, 2020, 3:46:38 PM
Damn, this sucks. Are you guys thinking to just league start with necro selfcast AW now? Is there anything we can do to confirm?

EDIT: Doesn't it say that it increases the maximum amount of available animated weapons? +13-14 to maximum amount of animated weapons
Last edited by Mumzye on Mar 13, 2020, 3:52:34 PM
"

Damn, this sucks. Are you guys thinking to just league start with necro selfcast AW now? Is there anything we can do to confirm?

EDIT: Doesn't it say that it increases the maximum amount of available animated weapons? +13-14 to maximum amount of animated weapons

Nothing can be done except leveling a character and trying it out. I will bite the bullet and roll this anyway, and report the multiplier as a bug if it's confirmed.

In the worst case scenario, it's a 12,5M dps, much less flashy, yet strong enough.
"
Keyen wrote:
"

Nothing can be done except leveling a character and trying it out. I will bite the bullet and roll this anyway, and report the multiplier as a bug if it's confirmed.

In the worst case scenario, it's a 12,5M dps, much less flashy, yet strong enough.

I thought I will say hi! Hi Keyen! :) I'm coming from a Dark Pact "blow my own skellies" build which I started POE with in 3.6 for the first time ever. I totally adore the idea of going just barely off the meta path which keeps prices relative down while using very interesting combinations in game as well as having a kinda nice goal of crafting your own helm in the Alza temples. It's nice to see that front of your eyes as you get closer and closer, especially now as I know where these places are and how the game mechanics work around there :) However I'm not sure if I ever got to upgrading a room to lvl3.. the number of incursions run out waay sooner than I could visit back to a lvl2 room anyways.. will see!

The other part I'm really pumped about it is to see how the build achieves this level of defenses "-Great defenses (75% block, 75% spellblock, 480 hp/block, 6K+ hp)" which my previous build somehow forgot to mention so that little bitch usually got 1 hit so easy.. and I am so tired of that.

Damn I even composed 2 questions here but found the answer to both! This CoC and the fact that the AG it summons gets all support gems inserted, without links because it's from the damn armor itself :D is hilarious and genius at the same time.

Anyway, thanks a mill for a super interesting build, can't wait to try out! Cheers!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info