In the USA... What it’s like for me...

"
Johny_Snow wrote:
Russia has a vaccine apparently.

Of course nobody should put much stock into this.

It would be global news if they had it and verified easily.

The amount of economical wealth generated and fame for the team that makes the discovery would be substantial given the current coverage.

They could claim "world savior" status like stanislav petrov and rightfully so because they would save a solid amount of people as well as economical disturbance which could claim the lives of many more.

So yeah, no stock untill verified and put into action.

The gates foundation ordered a corona study in Leuven yesterday so that was big news here. Everybody is fishing for the goldmine that is the vacine currently so i don't have a worry about finding it but the time-window is undetermined obviously.

Peace,

-Boem-
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes
Just want to make it clear, I have a moral obligation to protect the elderly and those that are at risk. They way I do this is by educating people, family and friends on how to correctly filter out misinformation online and providing feedback that I read on the CDC and WHO website.

For me it’s a bit easier to understand certain terminology on these websites but you would be surprise how these official websites aren’t user friendly. Granted they are working overtime now to adjust the information to make it easier for the public to read.

We also need to understand we have illiterate people, people with disabilities that can’t access information like the average joe. So... When I read misinformation, I will correct it.

Top scientist in this world outweigh any strangers opinions on the matter. Anything I post is coming from CDC, or I am directly quoting our top epidemiologists.

I want to make it clear, this is serious. Some of us may be young and healthy skipping around like rabbits... but it’s better to have a bit of caution and try to educate our friends and family. Last thing we want is someone taking advice from some YouTube, influencer or idiot celebrity.
"Another... Solwitch thread." AST
Current Games: :::City Skylines:::Elite Dangerous::: Division 2

"...our most seemingly ironclad beliefs about our own agency and conscious experience can be dead wrong." -Adam Bear
"
solwitch wrote:
Just want to make it clear, I have a moral obligation to protect the elderly and those that are at risk. They way I do this is by educating people, family and friends on how to correctly filter out misinformation online and providing feedback that I read on the CDC and WHO website.

For me it’s a bit easier to understand certain terminology on these websites but you would be surprise how these official websites aren’t user friendly. Granted they are working overtime now to adjust the information to make it easier for the public to read.

We also need to understand we have illiterate people, people with disabilities that can’t access information like the average joe. So... When I read misinformation, I will correct it.

Top scientist in this world outweigh any strangers opinions on the matter. Anything I post is coming from CDC, or I am directly quoting our top epidemiologists.

I want to make it clear, this is serious. Some of us may be young and healthy skipping around like rabbits... but it’s better to have a bit of caution and try to educate our friends and family. Last thing we want is someone taking advice from some YouTube, influencer or idiot celebrity.

Meanwhile, if you call our provincial public health corona hotline, you could be on hold for 2-6 weeks. "Quarantine by Muzak" people are calling it

I remember being a healthcare worker during the SARS crisis. I recall our ward had patients flown in from regions affected by SARS and they were sick, sick, sick. Doctors were calling in the family every three or four days, for weeks, to discuss (again) maybe withdrawing care. Some did, some apparently didnt.

These were not elderly folks in nursing homes prior to their illness. They were young, healthy, active, relatively well-informed and well-socialized teachers, artists, city employees, nurses. One guy was even a nurse at our hospital.

This is a bit different, in that there are far more asymptomatic or subclinical carriers spreading the virus than there were with SARS.

It's partly a good thing, because if you have something as virulent as CoV you'd rather have it be as mild as possible.

But it's still deadly when it meets someone with the wrong lungs, or a bad heart, or an immune system that either overdoes it or underresponds, something you can't always know in advance. A young, healthy person who's never had an asthma attack might die fast because their airways just happened to be twitchy, their B cells just happened to randomly shuffle up a panic override lock that fits this particular key that maybe nobody in North America or Europe has seen for millennia.

Because you won't necessarily know if you are the "gatekeeper" for the fateful key that might be a spike protein on the surface of CoV, you need to assume you will become ill if you catch it. You need to assume you'll carry it and spread it to everyone you touch or breathe next to for a month or more, then you'll become ill, and if you live, you'll continue carrying live virus and spreading it in your nose, hands, eyes, mouth, shedding out your butt, etc. for another 42 days.

So behave accordingly.

Especially folks living in poverty - you know who you are. You live with roommates and take the trains to work because you can't afford not to share expensive things like housing or transportation. You share a set of dishes. Your kids go to public school, daycare, afterschool sports.

Look out for each other...wash your hands, wash up before and after anything you do.
[19:36]#Mirror_stacking_clown: try smoke ganja every day for 10 years and do memory game
//
Hey who put Greater Rant Echo Support on this here thing? :PPP
[19:36]#Mirror_stacking_clown: try smoke ganja every day for 10 years and do memory game
Last edited by crunkatog on Mar 13, 2020, 3:25:08 PM
This isn't the flu. It isn't just like the flu. Humans have no immunity because there is no vaccine. Don't fall into the trap of thinking it's just BS. This is a Corona Virus. It is a form not seen before. If you are infected, and if you should get ill, you will have NO recourse other than to HOPE you are not seriously injured - it can leave you with diminished lung capacity. Tamiflu is not effective.

Please, do not listen to people who think this is a joke, a hoax, nothing, BS or just the flu. They are wrong. They are risking YOUR well-being. Staying home sucks but it is effective to vastly reduce the transmission of the virus, and will reduce death and serious heath implications.

If you must go to work or go out, don't shake hands. Stay at lest 6' from people. Wash you hands. Clean every surface before touching it. Cough into a paper towel or cloth then throw it away or wash and rinse the cloth.

You and I have never been here before. Again...ITS NOT JUST THE FLU

Believe it

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info