Atlas Changes in 3.10.0

"
Map Mod Effect
Spoiler
A separate goal in 3.10.0 was to make Awakening Objectives more desirable. As we just discussed, map drops were at an all-time high so we didn't want to add more map drops to Awakening Objectives. Our plan was to move the popular Map Mod Effect increases to the Awakening Objectives in order to give them more of an incentive.

You're completely right that Map Mod Effect isn't always positive for every build. For example it can ruin Ignite builds by making it impossible for monsters to be ignited. While map mods are designed to hinder your character, the Map Mod Effect can sometimes push it over a reasonable limit. We will make adjustments to those cases.

If there are any other problematic mods other than ailments, please let us know and we'll look at those too.

Isn't awakening level 8 already a good incentive to attain the map mod effect?

I don't really see a change in incentive here, just a move of it - but with the same outcome.

The only problematic thing I see with these changes at all, since I know maps do already seem to drop plenty, is that when the map mod effect is moved to the bonus objective it will become locked and unchangeable. This makes any alternate characters on the same account have a hard time during early mapping if you're not playing SSF or even your main account might run into issues where some maps with dangerous mods become unplayable or too risky if you aim to play deathless.

In 3.9 you had the option to lower the awakening level, but now I guess we will have to downgrade to white maps (I mean non-magic/rare) in worst case scenario. That equals less monsters & quantity = sadface. Certainly not the end of the world but there is a counterintuitive feeling about this, less incentive - the true "nerf".
Last edited by LiNGeN on Mar 4, 2020, 11:21:40 AM
forgot to mention on my previous comment, still 0 motivation to do awakening bonus and i never did delve on my life for map drops because maps drops always
were bad unless you have lucky with cities. that's a very bad argument

the temple isn't bad but all the other content that you add after incursion is more rewarding so is insta skip unless you want double corruption or something special where you can rush only that room and leave.
You literally said we would like to improve the awakening bonus but all you did was make it worse lol
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
Just allow us to "Transmute" maps at a 3:1 ratio please
I just remember *insert old crotchety voice*

"back in my day, we didn't have maps drop, we had to farm them for days walking to the map device with no shoes, 10 miles away and no movement abilities!"

Seriously though, prior to Oriath map drops were SOOOO much worse than they are now. Map drops will be fine friends :)
IGN: Steeldraconis
G3 Patreon: https://www.patreon.com/goodguygaming
Youtube: http://tinyurl.com/y5nvpcpo
Check out the CHAD Zerker build: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2478633
S𓆣C𓆣A𓆣R𓆣A𓆣B𓆣G𓆣O𓆣D𓆣L𓆣I𓆣V𓆣E𓆣S𓆣
So, we cant remove or add the increased map effects...
Do you remember conquerors announced a custom atlas ?
It was a pure lie.
In fact, you're actually nerfing map drop so we must do all our map to sustain the map pool. Every bit of choice is slowly vanishing.
Can't choose our content => more fun !
"
d1rtiq wrote:
Caring about 5% difference is way different than the impact it actually makes, which is basically none.

They nerfed master encounter rate where it matters most (early on in progression), and buffed it where it doesn't really matter (end of progression) because at that point no one really needs more master missions, especially not at a meager 5% increase.

Pretty much this.

GGG wants to encourage players to do more Incursions and Delves to get back some of the map sustain they took away in 3.10, but at the same time, nerfing the master spawn chance until you complete half the Atlas's awakening bonus objectives?

How are you supposed to sustain maps if you're hardly getting the masters to spawn? Alva and Niko are only good up until you run out of their missions, sextants trying to force them to spawn, or scarabs to get Niko to spawn (because Alva doesn't deserve scarabs I guess).

This is inconsistent.

As people on reddit said, the manifesto is pretty much GGG doubling down on their decision.

And again: Endgame progression should not have to be traded for.
PoE players: Our game has a wide diversity of builds.

Also PoE players: The [league mechanic] doesn't need to be nerfed, you just need to play a [current meta] build!

MFers found strength in their Afflictions. They became reliant on them. I am not so foolish.
Last edited by Pizzarugi on Mar 4, 2020, 11:27:42 AM
Putting increased effect of map mods on something that you cannot revert seems somewhat inherently problematic, as this solution slightly raises the bar for a character to successfully complete maps after you complete the Awakening Objectives. Awakening level was an, in my opinion, more clever solution precisely because you could undo it at any time. I'm uncertain if having increased difficulty for any character after your first is an intended consequence of the rework, but it's something to think about.

I'm sure it would be fine with just this change, but if, potentially, in the future there will be more irreversible ways to make maps harder permanently for the entire league, a player might find himself having difficulty in the endgame experience he was previously handling well enough with nothing to do about it but stick to lower map tiers and "get better". There's no particular mod to blame, just that the difficulty of the maps permanently increased forever as a part of natural progression.

Maybe increased effect of map mods can be capped depending on how much watchstones you have socketed, with caps equivalent to the values awakening level used to give you? That mostly eliminates the irreversible part.

EDIT: I guess at in the worst case the metaphorical player can also run their maps white/blue, or roll less mods to compensate for IIR/IIQ of increased effect of map mods. That seems not ideal, but the important part is that there are ways to around this specific issue. After all, the large part of PoE experience is learning how to have fun in the game. :)
Last edited by Flammere on Mar 4, 2020, 11:32:05 AM
GGG : If you wanna make target farmable maps back please delete headhunter first. Having half of target farming players farming cards for HH in trade league would be stupidly polarizing. The game is about playing the game and making builds, not making money or farming the item which makes anybody broken as F.
Last edited by Dedisdead on Mar 4, 2020, 11:27:24 AM
player base :we want wich map we wanna run and sustain

STOP DESTROY OUR FUN AND FREEDOM!!!!

GGG: no you cant run
WE DONT CARE
bc we want like that and also we're still discussing internally for

BLA BLA

someone can say to ggg they dont have 1928763913 million player and so many people also said they want more freedom abt target map farm map sustain why you want to say more story to player base ggg ?????????????

DO U KNOW WHY ???????????

BC RNG SYSTEM NOT WORKİNG AND GGG CANNT FİX İT

AND

l DONT WANT TO BUY MORE STASH TAB FOR KEEEP THAT MAPS l WİLL NEVERR LİKE TO RUN

THATS WHY l WİLL NEVER BUY SUPPPORTER PACK AGAİN NO SUPPORT ANYMORE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by nonamera on Mar 4, 2020, 11:33:30 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info