[3.11] Brittleknee’s Caustic Arrow CI Trickster - Farm Awakener Comfortably! Video Overview Included

"
chinchica wrote:
Heya - I am loving the build. Especially not having to aim at things to kill them. Level 90 currently with around 150k dot dps with arrow nova.

I am really struggling with single target on bossess and conquerors. I suspect having some white sockets on my bow and putting in concentrated effect will help!

Would you be advising on optimum cluster jewel setup? We can get a crazy amount of chaos dot multi with 1 large and 2 medium cluster jewels but not sure if overkill.

Also at which point do you suggest switching to ES? How does switching effect dmg? Is it neutral or does it have some impact given we have to change tree and some items.

I am running a very similar build; for bosses I use a 5 or 6 link body armor and setup toxic rain with mirage armor and then use a combination of withering step/second wind and caustic arrow while my mirage archer makes it rain on the boss. That seems to be pretty good for killing conquerors decently fast; though at that point you're essentially running a caustic/toxic rain hybrid, but it works well for bossing and clearing; fire 1 TR every 6 seconds to keep the mirage archer up and then just caustic arrow anything that survives the barrage.
"
chinchica wrote:
Heya - I am loving the build. Especially not having to aim at things to kill them. Level 90 currently with around 150k dot dps with arrow nova.

I am really struggling with single target on bossess and conquerors. I suspect having some white sockets on my bow and putting in concentrated effect will help!

Would you be advising on optimum cluster jewel setup? We can get a crazy amount of chaos dot multi with 1 large and 2 medium cluster jewels but not sure if overkill.

Also at which point do you suggest switching to ES? How does switching effect dmg? Is it neutral or does it have some impact given we have to change tree and some items.

At least craft +30% Chaos Damage Over Time multiplier on your bow. If prefix doesn't open, if i were you i bought another 6link bow which has prefix space. if you delved some and have metallic, prismatic, corrored fossils(3or4sets is fine), I recommend you crafting +3 bow. Good luck.
Last edited by petsh0p on Mar 21, 2020, 12:35:56 AM
"
Grekey wrote:
@brittleknee how do you evade/dodge spells once you move to ci?

I have been testing with a Farrul fur and aspect of the cat, mapping got way easier, I can probably do t10 now, was stuck with white maps due to my low life, but unless I do the boss with delirium I'm quite confident of surviving, differently from earlier that I knew I would simply explode

Drop the Swift Killer ascendancy and take Escape Artist.
Drop a life flask and take a jade flask.
Make the transition to CI.
Your survival will skyrocket. I'm farming T16's and 100% Delirium maps comfortably.

Two questions.
1. How is the suffix Bow fires additional arrow. I suspect some perfect bow have 1+ socketed 2+ bow gems and bows fire 2 additional arrows with probably chaos multi is that right?
2. Can someone look at my jewel clusters and let me know if I am wasting points? They seem good when reading them but I have never made a build so I am the last person to know. Thanks

Also I am transitioning to CI so one cluster has some ES
"
"
Grekey wrote:
@brittleknee how do you evade/dodge spells once you move to ci?

I have been testing with a Farrul fur and aspect of the cat, mapping got way easier, I can probably do t10 now, was stuck with white maps due to my low life, but unless I do the boss with delirium I'm quite confident of surviving, differently from earlier that I knew I would simply explode

Drop the Swift Killer ascendancy and take Escape Artist.
Drop a life flask and take a jade flask.
Make the transition to CI.
Your survival will skyrocket. I'm farming T16's and 100% Delirium maps comfortably.

ty! I should but I do not have the currency for ci atm and I'm thinking of rerolling as the new hollow palm jewel is quite broken

"
tad2q wrote:

Two questions.
1. How is the suffix Bow fires additional arrow. I suspect some perfect bow have 1+ socketed 2+ bow gems and bows fire 2 additional arrows with probably chaos multi is that right?
2. Can someone look at my jewel clusters and let me know if I am wasting points? They seem good when reading them but I have never made a build so I am the last person to know. Thanks

Also I am transitioning to CI so one cluster has some ES

I'm using a +3 bow with an additional arrow, it helps your clear immensely, but it's not your goal as a +3 bow with as or chaos damage is better in may opinion
Ensnaring arrow doesn't work with pierce jewel, is it useful at all?
"
dapake wrote:
Ensnaring arrow doesn't work with pierce jewel, is it useful at all?

You'll remove it on single target bosses and swap for a DoT/ES jewel (like for Awakener, not in a mapping situation). In delve its nice as it can help slow things on the way to you (like when all the crickets start to converge on you). It will piece through the first target, then ensnare the next thing it hits.

You can use Frenzy/Cull instead of Ensnarrow/Mirage if you'd prefer.
Check me out on Twitch! http://www.twitch.tv/brittleknee
All of my builds are here: https://tinyurl.com/y5vwayk2
Last edited by brittleknee on Mar 22, 2020, 1:41:08 PM
HI @ Brittleknee & all

so im currently AL4 and running yellow / red maps pretty ok but with very low single targed bossing.

using a total different build.

i farmed like 10ex+650c

i dont trust my current build it seems like it will not scale well ..even if its very fun to play.

my quesiton now:

if switch to this build will my bugget carry me to farming delirium, mapping & bossing till t16?
I am currently on T7s. I am confused on when to switch to CI. I noticed the gloves are 10ex right now. Do I have to wait for those to switch?

Or if anyone wants to look at my character and let me know if they think I can switch over.
Hello! Help me please. I put all the stones from the end game, but I can’t achieve the effect from the video from 0:16 (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vMuqK95WTXM). My character fires one caustic arrow, that’s it. And yours - as if toxic rain creates caustics arrows under the enemies. How can I achieve this and what have I missed?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info