[3.9] Blade Vortex Max Block Poison Assassin - Very tanky running simulator

Thank you for the guide and advices :)

How can this build do all map mods? I mean physical reflect. In PoB I see physical damage and also I am dying to it.
Last edited by hogancz on Mar 8, 2020, 5:08:42 PM
How would you think that this build would change if you switched to using Blade Blast? Duration wouldn't be needed since you would pop your stacks unless Potency also effects poison duration? I would think that poison damage would still be desired so that you'll have the continuous damage stacked with the burst damage.
i'm going to try this build, will you update it soon? also, timeless jewels are very expensive early league, specially this one without legion mode from zana, how good is this set up without that keystone?
thanks!
Looks like only poison BV build with some adequate layers of defense.

Though it might be hard to optimize tree for new jewels. I guess reckless defense should go, replaced by new block nodes. Not yet sure about DPS options in new passives, almost everything that looks OP doesn't seem worth refunding existing damage notables.

Also despite good defenses this build might need some more damage. 4.5kk is enough for all content but won't allow us to skip any boss mechanics.

Any expensive Watcher's eye/multiple curse/aspect ideas to bump up the damage numbers, just because I love to play silly builds?
Last edited by Grizone on Mar 11, 2020, 6:32:18 PM
Sadly I won't be updating this build in 3.10 most likely as I will be busy with 3 other builds I plan on updating. I usually just skip updating some of my builds for league or two as I want to focus on updating the recent/popular ones to not be overwhelmed.
My builds:
Scourge Arrow Poison Prolif Pathfinder - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2551841
My site:
https://mapsofexile.com/
"
Grizone wrote:

Also despite good defenses this build might need some more damage. 4.5kk is enough for all content but won't allow us to skip any boss mechanics.

Any expensive Watcher's eye/multiple curse/aspect ideas to bump up the damage numbers, just because I love to play silly builds?

Malevolence chaos multi on watcher's eye is 6-7% more damage. Once you get a despair-on-hit source, sin's rebirth is a big damage boost. HoA ring can boost your chaos dmg and the more multiplier for poison on HoA. Power charge on crit on your dagger could get you about 5% more damage too. Once you get most of your stuff built up, you don't need the poison gem to hit 100% poison chance (as long as coralito's is up), and you can put in awakened void manip.

There are some other compromise options that I don't plan to make, like frenzy-on-hit chest, dropping some auras and losing two passive points to fit a -9% nearby chaos res helmet, losing some hp/res on gloves to craft chaos multi. You could also run Vaal Blight and actively using your focus button to increase poison duration.

My only real concern for this build is recovering lost hp/ES in bossfights. You can't rely on life/ES leech because the base damage is so low (a complaint I have about most poison builds). Life recovery on block is nice, but we have to take damage for it to kick in. If you take some hits and drop near 0ES, you have to wait for ES recovery (or helmet cooldown) to kick in to get back enough ES to cast skills again.
Last edited by AIM9x on Mar 12, 2020, 4:40:19 PM
Would you still use Thread of Hope, now that you can't get Phase Acrobatics from it anymore?

Reddit thread
"
fanfohcd wrote:
Would you still use Thread of Hope, now that you can't get Phase Acrobatics from it anymore?

Reddit thread

It looks like Rory said he's moving it back. Link
Been playing this in Delirium and experimenting with some Obliteration wands, as mobs scale their HP a lot, but not sure if they're worth it, as I'm definitely missing some defense. Most of the block shenanigans (timeless jewel, mana reservation items, etc.) are unavailable, so it's a bit of a discount version atm.

Think Obliterations are worth it? The pops feel quite satisfying!

Though was wondering about Acro/Phase Acro, you mention it in the Defense section, but then never allocate it. It kind of has negative synergy with our block/es, though, so I figured it's not worth.

Otherwise fun build, looking forward to see how it scales, cheers! :)
How are you sustaining all the auras?
Malevolence
Flesh and Stone
Discipline
Herald of Agony

That would reserve more than 100% mana?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info