3.11 Pillar of Caged God Earthquake/Sweep | 11k+ EHP 7M+ DPS | All content down|Videos

"
blaqwar wrote:
I agree.

The question becomes of how much of your tree is worth devoting to cluster jewels cause even a perfect Large Jewel (with 8 passives, 2 slots and 2 notables) you need to spend a minimum of 7 points to get both jewel slots, unless you want to skip the notable which makes the whole jewel worth even less (or if you find an insane rolled one with 2 jewel slots, NO NOTABLES and hp/str/stats and 35% increased effect, then it would take only 5 points, worth mulling over).

A perfect Medium Jewel (4 passives, 2/1 notables, 1 slot) takes 3 points, so 2 of those is 6 and you get the same amount of slots for Small Jewels. Not to mention you get a notable for the 4th point if you should wish (and they're kinda good).

Now we're pathing right by 2 jewel slots and the third one requires 1 extra passive point so it's not a big sacrifice there. And from what I can tell there's really only two good notable on large jewels (unless you're speccing into impale), Weight Advantage and Surefooted Striker and they're mutually exclusive which means that Large Jewels will always be less beneficial to have over Mediums, which have quite a few good notables.

All of this leads me to think that grabbing 2/3 outer jewel sockets, filling them with 2/3 Medium Jewels with 4 passives (Precise Commander, Provocateur, Pressure Points if needed, none are mutually exclusive) and Small Jewels with Blessed/Wall of Muscle is the most efficient usage of them.

Edit: The above is if you're not going for impale. And don't feel like spending crazy amounts of exalts on Voices. :D

I do agree that our biggest power on cluster jewels will be on the crit medium cluster jewels, the large cluster jewels just doesnt feel super worth it but 7 points for 3 notables and 2 jewels seems good enough. Maybe with this, we can just path for 1 cluster jewel and set up for 2 medium cluster jewels.

Ideally, we would use voices for 3 medium jewel slot, but ill stick with an 8 passive large cluster while voices are super overpriced now
My Builds/Stream

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2814713
Hi!

First, thanks for the guide, I'm playing the build. Just started today and leveled to maps deathless, easy breezy leveling BTW.

Just a quick question: how good is this build for simulacrums?
May be a silly question, but I just want to hear your opinion how it is with not so insane gear or if anyone else knows?

I don't expect to have the gear you have with all the insane attrib mods until much later in the league.

Also, my biggest fear is that I won't be happy with the clear. It feels somewhat clunky after a while of leap slamming and having to cast EQ.

Actually thinking of swapping rightclick to leap slam, and cast EQ with my usual movement skill :D I think it may feel better.

Thanks again!
Last edited by shabanotti on Mar 28, 2020, 1:14:54 PM
"
shabanotti wrote:
Hi!

First, thanks for the guide, I'm playing the build. Just started today and leveled to maps deathless, easy breezy leveling BTW.

Just a quick question: how good is this build for simulacrums?
May be a silly question, but I just want to hear your opinion how it is with not so insane gear or if anyone else knows?

I don't expect to have the gear you have with all the insane attrib mods until much later in the league.

Also, my biggest fear is that I won't be happy with the clear. It feels somewhat clunky after a while of leap slamming and having to cast EQ.

Actually thinking of swapping rightclick to leap slam, and cast EQ with my usual movement skill :D I think it may feel better.

Thanks again!

Its pretty hard to comment about the simulacrum tbh, my league starter isnt this build, i have another build i am currently running.

But looking at simulacrum, the mobs tend to be pretty tanky and we might need to rely on cinderswallow to keep us alive while we smack them. There will be lots of vaal earthquake required here on wave 18+

You will eventually reach a point where everything in maps will be a 1-2 tap maximum(again, i do not have an exact gauge of how tanky the delirium mobs are towards this build) per pack.
My Builds/Stream

Spoiler
"
Astarift wrote:
"
blaqwar wrote:
I agree.

The question becomes of how much of your tree is worth devoting to cluster jewels cause even a perfect Large Jewel (with 8 passives, 2 slots and 2 notables) you need to spend a minimum of 7 points to get both jewel slots, unless you want to skip the notable which makes the whole jewel worth even less (or if you find an insane rolled one with 2 jewel slots, NO NOTABLES and hp/str/stats and 35% increased effect, then it would take only 5 points, worth mulling over).

A perfect Medium Jewel (4 passives, 2/1 notables, 1 slot) takes 3 points, so 2 of those is 6 and you get the same amount of slots for Small Jewels. Not to mention you get a notable for the 4th point if you should wish (and they're kinda good).

Now we're pathing right by 2 jewel slots and the third one requires 1 extra passive point so it's not a big sacrifice there. And from what I can tell there's really only two good notable on large jewels (unless you're speccing into impale), Weight Advantage and Surefooted Striker and they're mutually exclusive which means that Large Jewels will always be less beneficial to have over Mediums, which have quite a few good notables.

All of this leads me to think that grabbing 2/3 outer jewel sockets, filling them with 2/3 Medium Jewels with 4 passives (Precise Commander, Provocateur, Pressure Points if needed, none are mutually exclusive) and Small Jewels with Blessed/Wall of Muscle is the most efficient usage of them.

Edit: The above is if you're not going for impale. And don't feel like spending crazy amounts of exalts on Voices. :D

I do agree that our biggest power on cluster jewels will be on the crit medium cluster jewels, the large cluster jewels just doesnt feel super worth it but 7 points for 3 notables and 2 jewels seems good enough. Maybe with this, we can just path for 1 cluster jewel and set up for 2 medium cluster jewels.

Ideally, we would use voices for 3 medium jewel slot, but ill stick with an 8 passive large cluster while voices are super overpriced now

The thing is though, that I haven't found any notables from Large Clusters that would be worth that investment. Weight Advantage and Surefooted Striker are probably the two best ones but can't be rolled on the same jewel. Then there's Martial Mastery that's meh and the rest are just attack speed, leech and bonuses we don't really need. Attack speed you can sort of get capped on (where you're losing aftershocks cause you're attacking too fast). With this build I'm realising the difference between 1.8 attacks per second and 2.0 attacks per second is mostly in QoL for clearing, on bosses you have to move around a lot so you lose a lot of those extra attacks.

Spoiler

The best I can think of is a combo of Surefooted Striker and then grabbing Titanic Swings + Fuel the Fight/Feed the Fury which would allow you to drop the 3 AoE/attack speed nodes north of MoM and swap the life/mana leech on a jewel for something better. Still feels like it might not be worth it because of having to take 2 useless small passives but I'll play with it in PoB cause that would be interesting.

Nvm you can't do that cause they're all prefixes. You'd have to take Martial Prowess instead of a leech notable so it's not quite as good as I thought. Unless you're not capped on accuracy, in which case it might be good. So you'd potentially be saving on items but that's a well rolled jewel, probably worth around an ex.
Last edited by blaqwar on Mar 28, 2020, 3:22:04 PM
"
blaqwar wrote:
Spoiler
"
Astarift wrote:
"
blaqwar wrote:
I agree.

The thing is though, that I haven't found any notables from Large Clusters that would be worth that investment. Weight Advantage and Surefooted Striker are probably the two best ones but can't be rolled on the same jewel. Then there's Martial Mastery that's meh and the rest are just attack speed, leech and bonuses we don't really need. Attack speed you can sort of get capped on (where you're losing aftershocks cause you're attacking too fast). With this build I'm realising the difference between 1.8 attacks per second and 2.0 attacks per second is mostly in QoL for clearing, on bosses you have to move around a lot so you lose a lot of those extra attacks.

Spoiler

The best I can think of is a combo of Surefooted Striker and then grabbing Titanic Swings + Fuel the Fight/Feed the Fury which would allow you to drop the 3 AoE/attack speed nodes north of MoM and swap the life/mana leech on a jewel for something better. Still feels like it might not be worth it because of having to take 2 useless small passives but I'll play with it in PoB cause that would be interesting.

Nvm you can't do that cause they're all prefixes. You'd have to take Martial Prowess instead of a leech notable so it's not quite as good as I thought. Unless you're not capped on accuracy, in which case it might be good. So you'd potentially be saving on items but that's a well rolled jewel, probably worth around an ex.

The biggest benefit of a large cluster jewel is that it opens up 2 medium jewel for us. True that the small passives doesnt do much for us, but it opens up to more crit chance/crit scaling which is very strong for damage

But yea we dont want to have too much of an attack speed, it screws up with the aftershocks and heavily reduces our dps

2 small passives might be a decent investment to open up to some strong crit nodes
My Builds/Stream

So, I got back into PoE somewhat recently and stumbled onto the Monkey King staff unique. Was reminded of playing HoWA Int-stacking Scion few years back and wondered if there was a build that utilized the staff effectively.

Lo and behold, here was your very-well-put-together guide, and for Scion to boot, so I couldn't resist rolling with it and now I just got to maps.

For the main attack skill however, I decided to go with the underrepresented Sweep instead. It has some decent flat phys which I believe synergizes well with the build and really, why play Cyclone at all when there exists this manlier counterpart. Also, I got the L21 Q23 gem for cheap.

Compared to EQ it benefits a lot better from attack speed increases, so Cluster Jewel notables like Martial Mastery seems legit.

Plus, it can function on the same gem links, just with Multistrike in place of Less Duration. With the same colors sockets I can swap in EQ now and then when I feel like having a change of pace.

If I had to point out the biggest flaw of Sweep though, it's the severe lack of visual and audible impact on smashing mobs. Rather disappointing when the weighty-sounding twirl is followed by... nothing.
This is mitigated a bit (I think) when Crit starts to take off so a bit more sound gets thrown in, but it really, really could use more bone-shattering SFX.

Oh, would like to mention too that Herald of Purity for the flat phys isn't a bad leveling option until mana reservation for Pride gets sorted out.

I'm still trudging through content slowly and it'll be a while yet before I get the needed equipment for the build to shine through. Still, enjoying it and curious to see how far I can run with it.

By the way, if anyone else has given Sweep a whirl along with the build, do chime in your experience. Wondering if it still fares great for those further ahead at tackling endgame and Delirium content.
Last edited by MarsDC on Mar 29, 2020, 10:40:37 PM
AWlv5 Sirus down, made me want to cut myself.
I don't know how I manage to mess up such a simple build.
My POB average hit is about 1/10 of the average hit of the provided POB.
I have ~30% tooltip crit chance, ~500% crit multi and ~1100 strength. I know I have rather cheap rings and stuff. But I don't see how improving gear will multiply my damage by tenfold.

Spoiler
Please Help
46-66(finish act 10)
We need the 2 meek set up in the layout, take the jewel slot for unnatural instinct if you can afford one at this point, else dont take it yet.
www.poeurl.com/cJ7u

i am assuming is misclicked for pain forger and should really be blunt trauma???
What gem would you socket in glove instead of Awakaned Curse on Hit if I cant buy it yet ? what replacement? YOu already use assassin mark.
"
Ammoconda wrote:
AWlv5 Sirus down, made me want to cut myself.
I don't know how I manage to mess up such a simple build.
My POB average hit is about 1/10 of the average hit of the provided POB.
I have ~30% tooltip crit chance, ~500% crit multi and ~1100 strength. I know I have rather cheap rings and stuff. But I don't see how improving gear will multiply my damage by tenfold.

Spoiler
Please Help

Tooltip dps can be misleading, are you looking at aftershock dmg or initial hits? ill need your PoB if i were to determine whats wrong

"
MumblePeter wrote:
What gem would you socket in glove instead of Awakaned Curse on Hit if I cant buy it yet ? what replacement? YOu already use assassin mark.

Keep assassin mark drop vulnerability, Awakened curse on hit is a good to have here, especially since there isnt too much hexproof content this league

"
sekushiiandee wrote:
46-66(finish act 10)
We need the 2 meek set up in the layout, take the jewel slot for unnatural instinct if you can afford one at this point, else dont take it yet.
www.poeurl.com/cJ7u

i am assuming is misclicked for pain forger and should really be blunt trauma???

Hi yes thats a misclick, blunt trauma is the one we want
My Builds/Stream

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info