Wolcen Hype Release!

nice
Settlers master craft service Settlers My IGN TreeOfDead
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2037371 Vouch
Settlers veiled crafting all service all crafts mods
Settlers SC master craft service Settlers SC craft mod!
Veiled crafting Service Settlers craft PM: TreeOfDead
"
YourFather wrote:

New D3 season is more enticing.

Agreed, this one should stay pretty fun past the first couple weeks.
Need a new signature, cuz name change. I dunno though. I guess this seems fine. Yeah, this is good.
For the interested ones a part 1 review by Rhykker.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-bA3RJGHtAk
- Best Signature Ever -
"

Not enough willpower!
I have a pretty good sense of humor. I'm not German.
"

Wow I just watched this, and was shocked. There must have been quite the financial arrangement. (especially based on his previous reviews)

After opening that it was a sponsor review, he then goes on a 19+ minute lovefest with absolutely no criticism or even what the devs should work on.

NOT A SINGLE POINT OF CONTENTION.

Stayed tuned folks for a 3 part, check-cashing, intellectually dishonest, slanted review.

BRUTAL.
"Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt."
- Abraham Lincoln
"
YourFather wrote:
Wolcen only looks and sounds good.

The itemization is terrible - there are no "filler" or "trash" stats, however you want to call them.

Zones are literally all ledge, with a few sprinkled the ridge.

Passive tree is extremely dull and "boring". I guess PoE spoiled me on that front.

It is still full of bugs, a memory leak here and there, random crashes. All that jazz.

End-game doesn't look promising. At all.

Their development has been a bit shady and most of their decisions seem to be irrational.

Will probably just pirate it in a month or two. Not even worth a $15 price tag in my opinion.

I don't even understand comments like this, you trash talk the game, say how bad it is etc but yet you still want to play it? If I thought something looked like trash, boring, or just not fun I wouldn't even entertain the idea of playing it.

Yet you want to probably "pirate" the game later on because you're actually just too cheap to just pay the price tag for the game. Pretty much everything you typed means nothing because you have an interest to play, so the game can't really be as bad as you rant off about.

It's always crazy how people are so cheap acting with buying a game for some $$$ but waste tons of $$$ on other things that they don't even use. A great example if gym memberships, people pay 50-100 dollars a month and rarely if ever go. Yet, paying 30 dollars or a tad more for a game someone sinks hours of time in is just too expensive.
So i bought it today and played for two hours so far, game is fine and will probably entertain me for a bit.

So far my only complaints are

- inability to swap skills on my mouse
- no ability to put "force move" on your mouse and simply lock down all skills
- some clipping in the cinematics video's and rusty movements
- some voice acting errors in relation to the written form dialogue's

All in all minor stuff and the game is fun so far.

Will be fun to see the stuff they add though, that's gonna be a major untested "add-on" to just throw in there considering their history.
Expecting some troubles in the first month :p, hopefully it survives the first rush relatively unscathed.

Peace,

-Boem-

edit : also, welcome back ski.
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes
Last edited by Boem on Feb 12, 2020, 9:23:06 PM
"
DarthSki44 wrote:
"

Wow I just watched this, and was shocked. There must have been quite the financial arrangement. (especially based on his previous reviews)

After opening that it was a sponsor review, he then goes on a 19+ minute lovefest with absolutely no criticism or even what the devs should work on.

Stayed tuned folks for a 3 part, check-cashing, intellectually dishonest, slanted review.

BRUTAL.

Yes because GGG or blizzard doesn't pay a dime for marketing right?

I'm really curious what kind of personal beef or discrepancy you have with the Wolcen game, i mean i played just act 1 of the beta so far and the game is IMHO extremely good and on some areas also a very innovative ARPG with graphics that your jaw drops.

- Best Signature Ever -
"
"
DarthSki44 wrote:
"

BRUTAL.

Yes because GGG or blizzard doesn't pay a dime for marketing right?

I'm really curious what kind of personal beef or discrepancy you have with the Wolcen game, i mean i played just act 1 of the beta so far and the game is IMHO extremely good and on some areas also a very innovative ARPG with graphics that your jaw drops.

No beef. Was just doing some diligence before I spent the money to see how the game was progressing.

The review was...not what I was expecting based on his previous Wolcen videos. I'm not shocked by ridiculous sponsored streams or reviews, but not usually rhyker.
"Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt."
- Abraham Lincoln
"
ZACHWILDCAT wrote:
"
YourFather wrote:
Wolcen only looks and sounds good.

The itemization is terrible - there are no "filler" or "trash" stats, however you want to call them.

Zones are literally all ledge, with a few sprinkled the ridge.

Passive tree is extremely dull and "boring". I guess PoE spoiled me on that front.

It is still full of bugs, a memory leak here and there, random crashes. All that jazz.

End-game doesn't look promising. At all.

Their development has been a bit shady and most of their decisions seem to be irrational.

Will probably just pirate it in a month or two. Not even worth a $15 price tag in my opinion.

I don't even understand comments like this, you trash talk the game, say how bad it is etc but yet you still want to play it? If I thought something looked like trash, boring, or just not fun I wouldn't even entertain the idea of playing it.

Yet you want to probably "pirate" the game later on because you're actually just too cheap to just pay the price tag for the game. Pretty much everything you typed means nothing because you have an interest to play, so the game can't really be as bad as you rant off about.

It's always crazy how people are so cheap acting with buying a game for some $$$ but waste tons of $$$ on other things that they don't even use. A great example if gym memberships, people pay 50-100 dollars a month and rarely if ever go. Yet, paying 30 dollars or a tad more for a game someone sinks hours of time in is just too expensive.

Sorry that I am not such an idiot to pre-order a game that has been totally scrapped once (with all the promises to the kickstarters).

Tonight will probably be a buggy mess. Why would I spend my money on something that is probably going to flop, hard? Pirated the beta - it is terrible. You can see I am all up for spending money on a quality game, but this one doesn't even seem like it is going to be good. Hence the pirating on a later stage.

Pre-order culture is giving these devs the option to do whatever they want, including the price raise tonight. To me that says - buy our game while its cheap, get a char or two to 20, have fun for 2+ hours and not be able to refund. On release the online mode will probably not work as intended - 2 hours on loading screens, crashes, bugs, freezes etc.

Obvious cash-grab, sorry.
Last edited by YourFather on Feb 13, 2020, 3:09:22 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info