A social experiment on tinder (gone wrong?)

@Boem: yeah saw it some time ago as well (friend gave me). Video is really funny.

Tinder girls, most of em are bloody trash.

Meet your people in real. All I am going to say.
Heart of Purity

Awarded 'Silverblade' to Talent Competition Winner 2020.
POE turned into a ratrace for the most div/hour.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NDFO4E5OKSE
"
Reinhart wrote:
@Boem: yeah saw it some time ago as well (friend gave me). Video is really funny.

Tinder girls, most of em are bloody trash.

Meet your people in real. All I am going to say.

I sort of thought its self evident that this only correlates to tinder and not regular people.

I think you need to be a specific type of person to throw yourself on those apps.

It's still pretty remarkable though, sort of funny while disturbing at the same time.

Peace,

-Boem-
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes
"
Boem wrote:

It's still pretty remarkable though, sort of funny while disturbing at the same time.

It is.
Heart of Purity

Awarded 'Silverblade' to Talent Competition Winner 2020.
POE turned into a ratrace for the most div/hour.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NDFO4E5OKSE
All those vids would've benefitted GREATLY from having a simple summary in their video descriptions. Or posted here along with the links at least. That's probably the biggest reason this thread didn't go very far, not nervousness about the topics at hand (I've seen more than enough trash talking on these forums to not believe people are that scared).
I guess the male privilege relies on you being able to man up while women need the social support and drama to get through.

Also women tend to deny the obvious a lot more when it's on their favor.
"In this game you're just a cow being milked, not a human being entertained" - Kiss_Me_Quick
"
IIPheXII wrote:
I guess the male privilege relies on you being able to man up while women need the social support and drama to get through.

Also women tend to deny the obvious a lot more when it's on their favor.

This assumes all men are equal and capable of manning up.

Which is quite a leap to make when you were raised to be a propper man and never ever lay a hand on a women.

I agree with you btw, but the scenario would instantly change if the man "manned up" in public because it would result in the women being viewed as "under distress".

There is also the factor that not all men are stronger then all women etc

Peace,

-Boem-
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes
If we take public context into account then depends on a bunch of social stuff. Would people react the same way if you manned up in front of a woman in Saudi Arabia and if you did so in Sweden?

Warning spoiler may be offensive:
Spoiler
Female victim cases (sexual assault) get a lot more drama and public coverage in western countries in part because yes, they happen a lot more often. Maybe they are given more importance? So as long as you are aware of social patterns and have an idea of social stereotypes and cliches in the area you will notice a clear difference and the female most likely will be viewed under distress (victim).

This still doesn't match the 2 to 9500 shelter proportion u mentioned earlier which is interesting: https://www.statista.com/statistics/251923/usa--reported-forcible-rape-cases-by-gender/

If you want other specific stats there are several handy crime filters here: https://www.statista.com/topics/1750/violent-crime-in-the-us/

(I just put the US stats cuz they are more ez to find and so we increase the relevance of the US by talking more about their society lol)

Social perception and expectations of course matter a lot in public and lately they've been "promoted" to be based on a lot more identity biases. (Tribalism?)

https://www.fbi.gov/services/cjis/ucr/hate-crime -- Scroll on this one to the 2. biases for hate crimes so you get the official mainstream idea.

Overall I'd say is not about assuming "all" but rather "more likely to be" the victim which can be played/acted around in normal daily life to "shut down criticism" or acquire some sort of compensatory preferential treatment (SJW) over other groups while still being fully immoral on tinder. Maybe "we", heterosexual males are more "likely" to compete fiercely against each other so maybe that's why we don't have such a collective group idea, but rather more individual.

PD: sorry for deviating a bunch from the main topic.
"In this game you're just a cow being milked, not a human being entertained" - Kiss_Me_Quick
Last edited by IIPheXII on Feb 6, 2020, 9:53:31 PM
Okay, so regarding the original video about shallow girls on Tinder, it would've benefited a lot from mentioning whether any of those women actually came to his place or had given him their actual address and/or number, and let him in if he (or some hired model) came by. Frankly, never mind the bio, even the picture he used looks fake. But plenty of people might contact someone like that for a bit of harmless fun. I'd like to know if they actually went through with it.

On the homeless man v/s child experiment, the whole thing looks suspicious. I've seen plenty of people on the streets, including children, and the response to them is mostly - walking right by. Not lecturing them to get a job, and mostly not giving handouts to the kids begging either (the kids probably do make better returns, but in that vid the kid seems to get everyone's attention, and the other guy nothing - which seems a dead giveaway). Even if they stop you or grab your ankle, people mostly mumble something and walk off. Then there's the whole homeless man with a heart of gold ending ... yeah, sure. That vid looks staged.

And regarding the vid of people responding differently to men abusing women versus women abusing men, this is the only one that seems believable. In 1.5 hrs, 7 people stopped for the former, while 1 stopped for the latter. Assuming a decent amount of traffic, those numbers seem real (i.e. presumably many did indeed just walk on by, and it wasn't entirely one-sided). It would've helped if they'd shown what the 1 person responding to the man being abused did though.
Yeah, I have to admit that, watching the original video, I imagined some Antifa soyboy replying to Hot Fascist Man with fake pics of hot chicks to stage a bike lock ambush. The social experiment thing can swing both ways.
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
Last edited by ScrotieMcB on Feb 8, 2020, 4:38:47 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info