Why are streamers memeing about """ETHICAL"""?

I started working in a call center for a major cable company recently. While I personally love politics, a lot of people hate it. Vehemently. Based off what I've heard of customer feedback, the local TV type networks — ABC, NBC, CBS etc — should just stop airing the impeachment coverage and switch back to the relatively more popular soap operas, game shows, etc. They're alienating their audience.

In that context, I'm a little more forgiving of GGG's decision to get politics out of OT. I personally don't enjoy the change, but I better understand the pressure.
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
Last edited by ScrotieMcB on Jan 24, 2020, 5:44:11 PM
"
ScrotieMcB wrote:
I started working in a call center for a major cable company recently. While I personally love politics, a lot of people hate it. Vehemently. Based off what I've heard of customer feedback, the local TV type networks — ABC, NBC, CBS etc — should just stop airing the impeachment coverage and switch back to the relatively more popular soap operas, game shows, etc. They're alienating their audience.

In that context, I'm a little more forgiving of GGG's decision to get politics out of OT. I personally don't enjoy the change, but I better understand the pressure.

Counter argument would be :

Maybe they hate the version of politics depicted by those media's and its bland dullnes, beating the death horse indoctrination style.

A local legislation invading on their rights for example i would assume might make them "politically minded" in a short twist.

A simple example would be planned parenthood providing testosteron to under-age girls under the "informed consent" policy which has permanent effects.
I would assume most people to become politically minded if they were aware of this fact, but maybe im just being optimistic.

Peace,

-Boem-
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes
"
ScrotieMcB wrote:

There are many people that are so put off by the two party vitriol, that they ignore it completely. At this point it's hard to argue the two party system is functional. Literally you cannot risk agreeing or working with the other side or your out.

That being said, I dont know if burying your head in the sand, pretending nothing is going on, or not remaining up to date (regardless of how awful it is) is good advice for the country as a whole.
"Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt."
- Abraham Lincoln
"
DarthSki44 wrote:
There are many people that are so put off by the two party vitriol, that they ignore it completely. At this point it's hard to argue the two party system is functional. Literally you cannot risk agreeing or working with the other side or your out.
Yep, both (all?) sides are becoming more and more like this. Which in turn increases the amount of non-participants. At first if someone was 60% A and 40% B he'd be ostracized from the As — then 70/30, then 80/20. I had previously posited that the center was shrinking, but that was mostly naive on my part — they were actually going somewhere else rather than staying for increased radicalization.
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info