[3.9] CoC Volatile Dead Assassin - 1M+ Per Ball Explosion - All Content Easy

Hi there!

Really looking forward to try this out.

How well does this build clear legion monoliths in t16?

Could you advise what are the main gear pieces that contribute the most dps? That would help prioritise gear progression because some items like the circle of anguish rings are pricey. Getting both cast on crit and socketed spells do 20% more damage on a weapon is pretty expensive.

Thanks!
"
bankai1009 wrote:
Hi there!

Could you advise what are the main gear pieces that contribute the most dps? That would help prioritise gear progression because some items like the circle of anguish rings are pricey. Getting both cast on crit and socketed spells do 20% more damage on a weapon is pretty expensive.

Thanks!

Hello!
This build clears the legion monoliths great.

And unfortunately for you, the most expensive items are the ones that provide the most damage. A bow with CoC and 20% more spell damage will help a lot, and the circle of anguish as well.
My builds :

CoC Volatile Dead Assassin - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2742649

Vaal Spark Pathfinder - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2302486/page/1
I think I pushed the build to its limit, one of the funniest builds I've ever played. Completed all content without any problems. I sell all my gear for those interested, I think I will drop the league. pm in game, the price for everything will be around 200 exa.

"
iRa38 wrote:
"
bankai1009 wrote:
Hi there!

Thanks!

Hello!
This build clears the legion monoliths great.

And unfortunately for you, the most expensive items are the ones that provide the most damage. A bow with CoC and 20% more spell damage will help a lot, and the circle of anguish as well.

Thanks !

Ok so I guess I need to invest in a good bow.

What would be the most important dps mods in order of preference?

My guess would be in order of most important to least:
Supported by cast on crit
Socketed gems deal 20% more spell damage
Global critical strike multiplier
Can have 3 crafted mods
+2 level of socketed support gems (or +1 level of socketed gems prefix?)
Double damage %
Critical strike chance
Attack speed

What do you think? Especially not sure if better to have the third prefix as +1 level of gems or +2 level of support gems?

Thanks so much!!
"
bankai1009 wrote:

Thanks !

Ok so I guess I need to invest in a good bow.

Can have 3 crafted mods
Double damage %
Critical strike chance
Attack speed

What do you think? Especially not sure if better to have the third prefix as +1 level of gems or +2 level of support gems?

Thanks so much!!

Your order is about right, at the exception of the crit multi, it's more important to have a bow you can multimod and get the +2 support gem than having crit multi :)
My builds :

CoC Volatile Dead Assassin - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2742649

Vaal Spark Pathfinder - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2302486/page/1

I've been playing this build the last two days and I love it. Definitely squishy enough where you have to pay attention but it shreds. Ran a maloneys earlier but trying out the frenzy on crit quiver and honestly you could save some money just running this from what I can tell. Also I found it easier/cheaper to craft a +1 to socketed gems/CoC and multi from there than to fossil craft and its a huge boost.

Not a single VD helm on standard yet but thanks for the build! Really enjoying it and its got some facemelting potential
Last edited by Cøpe on Feb 18, 2020, 10:22:08 AM
"
bankai1009 wrote:

Can have 3 crafted mods
Double damage %
Critical strike chance
Attack speed

Thanks so much!!

There is a general rule that most spells will gain a 10% damage multiplier with each level while in the 20 - 30 range. Therefor, +2 to support gems and also +1 gems should be highest priority
Dumped a lot of currency into this build and this might be the strongest character ive ever played and the best part is: This build can do it all. Awesome clearspeed, relatively tanky (in my case 6.3k HP + 1.5k ES), good bosskiller (you cannot really oneshot bosses since there is a ramp up where you first need to spawn the balls). All in all: Thanks for this build guide. Only problem is to manage resistance capping since this build uses so many uniques

Last edited by Sollkomol on Feb 25, 2020, 2:38:09 AM
hey, just wanted to stop by and thank you for making this guide. i'm really enjoying this build :) i'm playing this build next league aswell :) also, if i should pick between maloney's mechanism quiver or another circle of anguish(currently just have 1) as my next upgrade, what's best in your opinion?
Last edited by Maldrogs on Mar 2, 2020, 5:00:26 PM
I checked and I dont think anyone has brought this up yet.

But.

If you put unearth + GMP +greater volley in maloneys
If you put Desecrate + Cascade in helmet
You generate 20 corpses per attack.

If you get the helmet enchant
If you drop empower and use Awakened spell cascade.
You end up creating and detonating 20 corpses on every attack/crit.
Each ball does 400k

That means that 1 attack will generate 8 million damage worth of balls.

At 3 APS thats 24 MILLION DPS.

Pastebin for reference:
https://pastebin.com/FHk5rm3V

PS. With some more gear minmaxing, especially the bow you can hit almost 50 million DPS.

Also, for budget references:
-maloneys(because its expensive)
Made the helmet do desecrate + spell cascade + unearth + GMP - So every attack drops 15 corpses.

-removed the 20% more elemental damage mod from the bow so it is just COC + -Crit multi and crafted + 2
-Unchecked bottled faith(expensive)
-Removed watchers Eye
-Removed both circle of anguihs, replaced with mark of shaper + very basic rare elder ring

5 link = 1 million damage per attack
6L + awakened spell cascade = over 2 million per attack.

This equates to a build that costs Less than 2 exalts for 1.5 million damage per attack.

I feel like you could league start with this just fine. Also, being all generic crit damage tree you can really level up and do up to red maps with basically any skill of your choice and self cast. I would advise freezing pulse with 2 tulborns + tabula till you have 2-3 ex = 1 mil DPS.

Another option for league start is various miner builds are about 40 regrets to change to your coc tree.

The real question is... getting asenaths with VD chant...

Budget pastebin: https://pastebin.com/u22KpHkM
Last edited by AdamSanders on Mar 8, 2020, 12:07:58 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info