[3.14] Kami's Life | LL | CI CoC Ice Nova Assassin | all Content | deep Delve | max Block

Been eyeing this build for my end of league currency dump. Would a 50ex budget be enough to try for a 52%+ CDR setup? I already got Bottled Faith on my current character, so off the top of my head the main ultra-big budget items (apart from the core crafted rare gear) are Awakened CoC, ES on hit Watcher's Eye and good CDR gear?

Or is it better value for money to flesh out the other gear slots first rather than chasing 52%+ CDR?
Last edited by scrambled777 on Jan 28, 2020, 5:26:14 PM
"
scrambled777 wrote:

Or is it better value for money to flesh out the other gear slots first rather than chasing 52%+ CDR?

I don't think it's worth getting 52% CDR without the gear to support it. You need to get ~10 attacks per second or it's not worth it and if you can't also get good ES and other defenses there is not much point playing this variant since you might still get one shot but have less damage to back it up than the typical glass cannon type. Stuff like Bottled Faith is useful for crit rate and is a direct boost to damage so is a more direct upgrade (noticed you have it already), the WE ES on hit is very useful too.

If you can get 52% CDR with enough attack speed to make use of it (ideally including Tailwind) and ~9k ES then that would be good I think.
Last edited by SuperBurgers on Jan 28, 2020, 8:09:59 PM
Having a bit of an issue trying to get attack speed nailed down. Swapped gear out to get 52% CDR and trying to get cyclone attacks close to 10 per second.

POB says I'm at 9.99 with power/frenzy/elusive/inspiration/frenzy/onslaught/tailwind. Game says i'm at 9.09 or something with the same set of buffs up. Current gear is probably just temporary while i test things out -- just not sure whats going on.

I'm using the localidentity fork that correctly gives attack speed for Elusive.

- also FWIW, before i switched over my APS on cyclone between game and PoB was identical... so something from the switch is wonky.
Last edited by rorolandofeld on Jan 29, 2020, 10:36:14 AM
Where are you getting Frenzy charges from? I had a quick look and couldn't see a source.

Edit: NVM Poacher's Mark.

I haven't swapped to Tailwind yet but I think that does not update the tooltip.

https://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/832fvc/deadeyes_tailwind_not_affecting_cast_andor_attack/
Last edited by SuperBurgers on Jan 29, 2020, 6:29:45 PM
Would putting Frost Bomb instead of Energy Leech in the Cospri's be a DPS loss against bosses? I'm not sure if less Frostbolt means our Ice Novas might miss more by not having enough bolts nearby. The Frost Bomb itself hits fairly hard and I'd get more exposure uptime.

I was also thinking about putting ACoH+Frostbite on Vortex so I can run Assassin's Mark but then I'd have to link Arcane Surge to my movement skills which might be awkward on bosses.

Wondering if anyone has tried this? I see some builds using both on poe.ninja. I think I'd have to try to see how it feels but the Level 5 gem is too expensive for me right now.
I was wondering how to get my APS below 7.5 because I have a cooldown reduction of only 19%. I'm not sure how to go about doing that though. Looking at PoB, my APS is 7.53 (or 8.63 adding the 20% Attack Speed from Mistwalker. I am using the modified branch of PoB though so I'm not sure if that is fixed or not). Cospri's is the only gear I have that has attack speed, do I need to just find one with lower Attack Speed on it?
I was under the impression that the strict breakpoint is 7.57aps so you'd be OK if that's the case.
Last edited by SuperBurgers on Jan 30, 2020, 2:30:02 AM

+ jewels

Already did every content deathless and will be moving on to another build, if anyone is interested on buying some pieces whisper me some offers @Asurassassin :)
Last edited by Nekuuuuuu on Jan 30, 2020, 4:10:31 AM
"
SuperBurgers wrote:
Where are you getting Frenzy charges from? I had a quick look and couldn't see a source.

Edit: NVM Poacher's Mark.

I haven't swapped to Tailwind yet but I think that does not update the tooltip.

https://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/832fvc/deadeyes_tailwind_not_affecting_cast_andor_attack/

Ahh, tailwind - would explain why it's ~10%. Will go by PoB, then.
I am relatively a newbie but I can tell that some items are useless without the others (Example, the double block chance if you have no block chance).

Can anyone tell me what I should focus on with a 20 ex budget and in what order I should buy stuff ?

Would appreciate it, thanks !

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info