Fuck being honest and fuck morales.

"
DarthSki44 wrote:
I wasnt going that far. I never said anyone should be punished or otherwise penalized for their thoughts.
Okay, but the whole point of your Donald Sterling example was to attack the idea "actions speak louder than words." Speech is, admittedly, in the gray area between thought and action, but within the context of whispers among friends (as opposed to, say, public oratory rebroadcast via video) I'd say they're much closer to thoughts than actions.

I'm not saying that Sterling wasn't a racist, but I feel like you've convinced yourself that Sterling was racist because of what he did in housing markets, not because of what banter he shared in confidence with his friends. It's not the words, but his racist actions that undermine his disingenuous philanthropy. In other words, it's not a valid counterexample to the point you were initially disputing, because it's not words speaking louder than actions, but actions speaking louder than other actions.

I understand you conceded this point already, but I just wanted to revel a bit in how wrong it was.
"
DarthSki44 wrote:
Also being racist, implies contempt over a group of individuals for no other reason other than their race (massive simplification)
Yeah, that's an oversimplification. The vast majority of racists place the most end value in virtues other than race, but value race for its convenience in quickly (literally at a glance) establishing alleged correlations with those virtues. As a crude example, a white supremacist wouldn't hate black people simply because they're black, but — in their deluded view — as a necessary consequence of their hatred of stupid. That's why basically every piece of racist propaganda, ever, inappropriately stereotypes people of a targeted race as in possession of vices we can mostly agree are real vices, such as greed, violence, hysteria, sexual predation, etc. It's not true at all to say that racists hate other races (or their own) on the basis of race alone, but instead that racists believe they can reliably infer certain traits simply by knowing the race of those involved.

In short, a racist is simply a person with a keen interest in statistics but a willful ignorance of variance.
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
Last edited by ScrotieMcB on Jan 8, 2020, 6:12:44 PM
^As far as i know racism is derived from a purity and disgust morality pushed to the extreme.

Thats why rhetoric like "trash" is commonly utilized since it correlates to a disgust sensory perception.

It hijacks the biological system in place that regulates purity/disgust and links it to a subgroup with a narrative where the scales get tipped with "purity or virtues" on one end of the spectrum and "disgust" on the other.(in-group purity vs out-group disgust)

Funnily enough, a lot of correlation with how current feminism operates when we look at the structures most utilize.
Which makes your statistics comment more hilarious, given how a lot of public ones manipulate and present statistics in bad faith or complete ignorance all the time.

Peace,

-Boem-
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes
"
Boem wrote:
Which makes your statistics comment more hilarious,
It was an attempt at an H L Mencken homage, so thanks for enjoying it.
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
I was thinking about making a thread about racism for like 5months, comparing my bees to you humans, but never got around to do so, the list just got longer and longer till i was too lazy to write it all down anymore.
Lost like 5 queens to "unforseen circumstances" last year, then i decided to vapor them with formic acid. I have no clue why everyone chants "save the bees".

Unrelated: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7npaITynACk
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JcKqhDFhNHI
Last edited by Lachdanan on Jan 9, 2020, 9:24:20 AM
"
NEVER! I shall try to become an edgelord

Keep trying, you might be on my level some day.

Last edited by MrSmiley21 on Feb 11, 2020, 4:41:40 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info