Tribute to my friend

So today I got scammed for 6 exalts, I know that this is usually caused by dumbness and that was the case here too :/. I was blinded by my happines and excitment, I felt I could finally buy shavronne's wrappings after a full month of hard grinding(I'm a bit more of a casual) so I hopped on to poe trade and got invited by a guy who wasn't suspicious at all at first sight, but he gave me a 4link for 6 ex instead of a 6l. I never felt worse, I wanted to QUIT. One of my guildmates and my long time ingame friend helped me out, it seemed like we couldn't do anything.
My ingame friend, Sariukasz sold all his gear to get fusings and he somehow succeded with 6linking.

With this thread my only goal was to show everyone how worthfull it is to have honest,caring and good friends (wich is truly rare).
I know this might not be the best place to post this, but I wanted to share this story with everyone who is reading.
This game is indeed a rollercoaster of emotions.
Last edited by Joelord on Dec 29, 2019, 3:15:37 PM
Last bumped on Dec 31, 2019, 10:37:49 AM
Congratz on the 6-link and solid mates o7

Peace,

-Boem-
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes
Ty for the nice words, It's nice to see there are a plenty of people in the community that are really kind and supportive. :)
Gratz to having such a fine friend.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JcKqhDFhNHI
Man, this is so wrong. Blaming yourself for being dumb, the cheater is of course never mentioned as done something wrong, then you receive a pity present from a friend. And this is wonderful. I'd feel like a loser honestly.
"
Johny_Snow wrote:
Man, this is so wrong. Blaming yourself for being dumb, the cheater is of course never mentioned as done something wrong, then you receive a pity present from a friend. And this is wonderful. I'd feel like a loser honestly.

blaming the scammer to scam you is like blaming the sun to burn you.
sure, you can be careful when exposing yourself to the open.

sure, you can ask for the sun to be removed. bit difficult, like removing scammers from a game.

what you ask for is for a authority to help you and lock you in a basement so you aren't a threat for yourself anymore and stop complaining.

which, imho, is a good comparison to the slution ggg might find.
age and treachery will triumph over youth and skill!
"
Johny_Snow wrote:

You know whats worse then reflecting on yourself and blaming?

Spoiler
reflecting on yourself and not being honest to yourself

One of those options leads to improvement, the other to victim status, choose wichever you desire but dont pretend you have no choice in the mater.

Peace,

-Boem-
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes
You know what also leads to improvement? Punishing scumbags and not accepting pity from your buddies.
"
Johny_Snow wrote:
You know what also leads to improvement? Punishing scumbags and not accepting pity from your buddies.

And just how would you go about punishing these people?
Knocking them out would be nice. Unfortunately it is up to GGG, who low-key condone the whole thing.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info