[3.12] Hasunic's Toxic Rain / Caustic Arrow Trickster | Leaguestarter | Ailment Immunity | SSF

"
Hasunic wrote:
help me update the guide, please.

My wife and son are going on a small 2 day vacation at her mother's this afternoon, so I get some time alone.

I want to dedicate some time updating the guide making it more more understandable and approaching for 100% newbies at poe.

What information/subtopics would be good to include?

Thanks a ton.

I think the PoB needs a lot of cleanup, there are a ton of trees with random names, the skill/socket groups are a disaster and difficult to navigate.

The gem links + utility section on this guide could use a bit more. I personally like playing with Enduring Cry + Second Wind + Dash + Steelskin, but this has a high STR requirement. Some might prefer using grace, CWDT, immortal call etc.

Maybe a discussion on gem level breakpoints as to when to switch to empower vs efficacy vs damage on full life.

I think a list of where to focus to increase damage would help some newer players. There are only a set number of sources for DoT multi and gem levels and they're easy to overlook.
Full blown Hunter is finally complete

"
Viktranka wrote:
"
akaelbenpfeil wrote:
i dont know what to do... clear spead is good but boss damage is so low.
Buy a lvl 21 tr and a lvl 3 empower that's a freaking +5 lvl upgrade right there from what you have now, no wonder your dps is low.

Also your flasks are extremely bad, get some utility ones and the mana flask should be enduring on prefix. Your resistances are all over the place, way too much fire and too low cold. You have low life rolls on several rare items that could be easily upgraded for like 10c each because they don't have any influence mods or anything special. You have no despair source either, no skitterbot ring or witchfire brew or anything.

Your gear seems very random with a lot of empty sockets, on random bases (you should aim evasion bases for trickster except helmet that should be energy shield base and rings no point having crit and increased mana, just get life or resists there) that for a moment I thought you're in SSF and you didn't have any better choice...

thanks a lot for you help :)
"
chaelp wrote:

Nice! Did you like the build and playstyle?
[3.9]Hasunic's Toxic Rain Trickster: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2712106
[3.7]Voidforge Flicker Strike Slayer: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2532214
[3.7]Oni-Goroshi Fire Vaal Reave Zerker: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2583978
"
Hasunic wrote:
"
chaelp wrote:

Nice! Did you like the build and playstyle?

Love the build, best start to min max I've ever done. And using Caustic Arrow with Arrow Nova is like old school AOE, full screen melting.
i dont like arrow nova, delay between shot and actual damage is too high for me

and i dont like actual nova fired from the first arrow landing point

i'd use it if arrow nova fired from character with "attack without movement" enabled, but sadly it doesnt work like that
"
Hasunic wrote:
help me update the guide, please.

My wife and son are going on a small 2 day vacation at her mother's this afternoon, so I get some time alone.

I want to dedicate some time updating the guide making it more more understandable and approaching for 100% newbies at poe.

What information/subtopics would be good to include?

Thanks a ton.

Some suggestions:

- dedicated crafting section with step by step explanations how you crafted your items, sometimes you'd just say "oh I crafted this using aberrant fossils" but it could be expanded upon what exactly you did, especially with some more complicated crafts you did

- not 100% sure about this but a gear upgrade section that either has examples of gear for staring maps / mid range budget / min max (atm there's a per item slot section) or an outline of which items would you upgrade at which order, for example when do you get 6-link, when do you upgrade from +2 to +3 to endgame multicrafted bow etc.

Spoiler
One thing that amazed me and I wish more guides had it, was "what do I upgrade next" flowchart from this ED guide: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2581551/page/1
I imagine editing a graph / drawing is a lot of work but maybe just some text list?

- definitely stress out importance of getting proper flasks and gem levels on your toxic rain / caustic arrow / empower, I'd say these are 2 most common mistakes people do except cheapskating on life on their gear and not getting resist capped (this shouldn't really need to be said tbh...) also how much chaos resist do you recommend for people to have (unless you play a divine flesh build or CI on the other hand most guides don't take any stance on the subject)

You already have the section with spending passives while levelling, so that's great, because I see it as a common request on other builds when there's only a lvl 90+ POB and people don't know which way to go from the start.

- gem section divided between mandatory skills and optional skills, same with aura setup what is the prio of using them if someone doesn't have enlighten / vertex / mana reserved nodes etc.
Thanks a lot :)
[3.9]Hasunic's Toxic Rain Trickster: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2712106
[3.7]Voidforge Flicker Strike Slayer: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2532214
[3.7]Oni-Goroshi Fire Vaal Reave Zerker: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2583978
Just wanted to chime in and say I love the build, I've always played CA as raider (which is quite a good ascendacy but lacks a bit of power compared to trickster imho).

About updating the guide:
I'd definitely recommend farming imperial legacy cards for the 6link imperial bow (imho a must in SSF), even a non metacrafted one with +1 all, +2 bow gems and 40% chaos multi (so you spend a fair amount of alts + 2 exalts or 1 exalt and leo slam) can only be beaten once you get an empower at lvl 3 (and in SSF getting that empower is so much harder, only one I've gotten so far was once I hit 40% of 97!).
The benefit of farming it on foothills is you can start mapping with better gear (and a 6link!), and probably a fair amount of alterations, jewelers and fusings, although my luck farming the cards there has been less than stelar, but well worth it, as the bow will carry you for all content (I've done sirus a8, uber elder, harvest boss). Also I'd say don't skip vaal side areas while farming it, you can probably pick up fragments to do some atziris and net you some boots.

Aside from that I think everything in the guide is well explained.
You might want to stress out how important gem levels are for newers players, as caustic arrow is very similar to some spells (very reliant on gem levels + multipliers).
Last edited by Rafs123 on Jul 20, 2020, 9:25:20 AM
Hey Hasunic!

First, this is my second league playing this build and despite a rough stretch from 91-93, I'm finding the build just as fun and powerful as last league.

Not sure if someone has mentioned these already, but here are two items that would be good to add in to the guide:

1. What armor pieces to prioritze chaos resistance. Sonidox makes a really good point about not having two chaos mods on the same item, as it makes it tougher to reroll the values, so it'd be great to get an idea of which pieces make the most sense to add it to.

2. How to roll cluster jewels. I didn't use them last league, so I'm catching up a bit on them now and am unsure the best way to do it.

Thanks again for taking the time to keep this guide updated - I know its a big time investment but for me this has been a ton of fun the last couple leagues.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info