[3.13] Power Siphon/Kinetic Blast Poison Assassin - Very fast and tanky poison wander

Hey,
Comming back to PoE this league after quite a few years.

Game has changed a lot and there are some pretty funny build. So far I'm trying to follow this one but with my current gear i'm hitting a wall.

Maps are fun and super fast, i'm going into red without too much of an issue. It feels a lot different from the videos that have been posted though.
With my current gear, I'm just zooming into the map pressing Plague Bearer when it reaches full stacks, vaal power siphon & ofc kinetic blast.

But I cannot sustain spamming KB like shown into the videos because my mana doesn't allow me, I don't have close to the same attack speed & movement speed that you guys seems to have anyway.
But for the maps the dps is insane anyway. At my map lvl Plague Bearer does a lot of work and I'm often at the boss with 5/3/1 in Simulacrum.

For the bosses, some of them die super fast, but some of them just kill me in a second and I'm having trouble getting back into a fight.

The fights that requires us to move a lot to dodge stuff like Baran that just killed me 6 times in a row are big trouble for me.
I'm having a hard time to do some damage and to have the poisons running. I'm not a big fan of the Power Siphon "cast animation" that forces you to stand in one place
I'm probably missing some key points about the build's defenses or how it's played.

Could you elaborate on where does the tankiness comes from. Can you bypass mechanics with dodge / when do you use Withering steps ?

I have this cheap ass wand that I got for a few chaos just to try out the poison damage affixe, but maybe obliteration wand is still better. Any help would be welcome on what I should do next.

P.S. I have a lot of catch up to do to learn how crafting works and not so much currency to play with (usually SSF player, got this one in trade league to help out some friends new to the game).
Last edited by remaye on Apr 3, 2020, 10:26:08 PM
Wanted to congrat op for the very fun and fast build! I'm a reroll addict so I decided to move on already haha but it was an amazing experience.

If anyone needs some great gear for it, hit me up in-game: Knuckledust

"
shiodas wrote:
On the PoB it has Barrage with Vaal PS but when I link it to my 6l when I attack its super slow, is the barrage supposed to be on Kinetic Blast?

Barrage Support + Power Siphon. If you attack slow, then you've got to work on your attack speed.
Sitting in HO spamming alts for 4 hours straight is peak PoE gameplay. Thanks, Chris.
"
remaye wrote:
Hey,

Game has changed a lot and there are some pretty funny build. So far I'm trying to follow this one but with my current gear i'm hitting a wall.

Maps are fun and super fast, i'm going into red without too much of an issue. It feels a lot different from the videos that have been posted though.
With my current gear, I'm just zooming into the map pressing Plague Bearer when it reaches full stacks, vaal power siphon & ofc kinetic blast.

But I cannot sustain spamming KB like shown into the videos because my mana doesn't allow me, I don't have close to the same attack speed & movement speed that you guys seems to have anyway.
But for the maps the dps is insane anyway. At my map lvl Plague Bearer does a lot of work and I'm often at the boss with 5/3/1 in Simulacrum.

For the bosses, some of them die super fast, but some of them just kill me in a second and I'm having trouble getting back into a fight.

The fights that requires us to move a lot to dodge stuff like Baran that just killed me 6 times in a row are big trouble for me.
I'm having a hard time to do some damage and to have the poisons running. I'm not a big fan of the Power Siphon "cast animation" that forces you to stand in one place
I'm probably missing some key points about the build's defenses or how it's played.

Could you elaborate on where does the tankiness comes from. Can you bypass mechanics with dodge / when do you use Withering steps ?

I have this cheap ass wand that I got for a few chaos just to try out the poison damage affixe, but maybe obliteration wand is still better. Any help would be welcome on what I should do next.

P.S. I have a lot of catch up to do to learn how crafting works and not so much currency to play with (usually SSF player, got this one in trade league to help out some friends new to the game).

Your mana flask is wrongly rolled for this build. You want something along the lines of

You also absolutely want Thread of Hope near the Acrobatics node to save a ton of points and the cluster jewel combos everyone is using now (Antivenom/Golden Rule and Haemorrhage etc.)

Obliteration is probably better as long as you don't have an explodey chest. At the least, you need the cluster jewel with chance to explode.

Once you gear up you shouldn't need to use Plague Bearer at all until you hit the boss.

See Ydoum's build for a more "complete" current one. OP is experimenting with stuff and his profile shouldn't necessarily be followed right now.
@shiodas Barrage Support is linked to Power Siphon, not Kinetic Blast. Power Siphon is for single target and Kinetic Blast for clearing. I checked your toon and you have Barrage support linked to Kinetic Blast. That's...uh, not right. KB is going to shoot out in a single stream and feel like utter crap for single target or clear. Power Siphon will slow down when you link Barrage support to it, but all the projectiles now go in a sort of a straight line doing really good damage to a single enemy. You are also level 38. Don't worry about mechanics and damage until you get to maps.
Last edited by Kuromadoshi on Apr 4, 2020, 1:05:52 AM
any tips how to beat Sirus with this build? Not having proper health regen and having just 1 life flask means you'll run out of health just by waiting for him to finish his thing. I've been thinking about getting more life regen and running additional life flask for the fight - what others think?

It also feels that my character deals enough damage. How do I make it survive the content better?
Last edited by haita on Apr 4, 2020, 5:16:24 AM
"
Ydoum wrote:
New showcase vid up:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gipySRzbPIc

Refined my splinter farming technique to up to 2 simulacrums/hour.

Nicely done!
I'm playing on and off this league and building something similar to what Stealthyy posted earlier, but I'm starting to feel like a class cannon and might switch to something more like yours or OPs build to up the life a little bit, once i get my int in order.

One question though, how do you generate power charges?
Last edited by betongsugga on Apr 4, 2020, 5:58:11 AM
"
haita wrote:
any tips how to beat Sirus with this build? Not having proper health regen and having just 1 life flask means you'll run out of health just by waiting for him to finish his thing. I've been thinking about getting more life regen and running additional life flask for the fight - what others think?

It also feels that my character deals enough damage. How do I make it survive the content better?

Get a belt with flask charge on crit (I believe it's Hunter's influence) or Watcher's Eye with flask charge on crit while affected by precision (like I have). Also, Ryslatha's pantheon regens life flasks, which I am using as well. Unfortunately, Sirus is lame end-game boss that doesn't allow anyone for any solid dps in his last phase.

"
betongsugga wrote:
"
Ydoum wrote:
New showcase vid up:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gipySRzbPIc

Refined my splinter farming technique to up to 2 simulacrums/hour.

Nicely done!
I'm playing on and off this league and building something similar to what Stealthyy posted earlier, but I'm starting to feel like a class cannon and might switch to something more like yours or OPs build to up the life a little bit, once i get my int in order.

One question though, how do you generate power charges?

To answer your question: Vaal PS. I just use it from time to time while running maps to keep them up. Power Siphon itself, on bosses and rares, has a chance to grant charge on hit.

Honestly, since my DPS is so stupidly high at the moment, I was thinking about switching to Farrul's and get a free Aspect of the Cat buff for more survivability. That, and I can generate charges for free, allowing me to drop Blood Rage.

I was also thinking about dropping Disintegration and anointing Whispers of Doom to get Temp chains on hit with gloves. If I somehow get super filthy rich, I could even use Asenath's for explosions.
Sitting in HO spamming alts for 4 hours straight is peak PoE gameplay. Thanks, Chris.
Last edited by Ydoum on Apr 4, 2020, 8:08:13 AM
"
thespeech wrote:
"
remaye wrote:
Hey,

Your mana flask is wrongly rolled for this build. You want something along the lines of

You also absolutely want Thread of Hope near the Acrobatics node to save a ton of points and the cluster jewel combos everyone is using now (Antivenom/Golden Rule and Haemorrhage etc.)

Obliteration is probably better as long as you don't have an explodey chest. At the least, you need the cluster jewel with chance to explode.

Once you gear up you shouldn't need to use Plague Bearer at all until you hit the boss.

See Ydoum's build for a more "complete" current one. OP is experimenting with stuff and his profile shouldn't necessarily be followed right now.

Well my current profile is experiment for sure, but the main post has tree for cluster jewels what is pretty flexible (and has space for antivenom etc).

Also I would highly recommend Apep's Supremacy if going Antivenom route, its a lot of damage and +3% to all max res/slower expiry of poisons on you also enables stuff like Divine Flesh for *a lot* of defense.
My builds:
https://pobb.in/u/thedeathbeam
My site:
https://mapsofexile.com/
"
Ydoum wrote:

To answer your question: Vaal PS. I just use it from time to time while running maps to keep them up. Power Siphon itself, on bosses and rares, has a chance to grant charge on hit.

Honestly, since my DPS is so stupidly high at the moment, I was thinking about switching to Farrul's and get a free Aspect of the Cat buff for more survivability. That, and I can generate charges for free, allowing me to drop Blood Rage.

I was also thinking about dropping Disintegration and anointing Whispers of Doom to get Temp chains on hit with gloves. If I somehow get super filthy rich, I could even use Asenath's for explosions.

Of course, don't know how I missed that :)
I have been thinking of that line of gear myself, woefully out of my reach until a later time however...

How do you think the playstyle/experience would change without explosions? I'm only running Obliteration and loving it.
Clearly you have enough damage without the damage boosting uniques.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info