[3.13] Power Siphon/Kinetic Blast Poison Assassin - Very fast and tanky poison wander

Quick update; knocked down sirius today with this build with some personal adjustments, did basically all the big endgame bosses, uber atziri, uber elder, shaper, sirius...

The build works absolutely fine for all this content. Not even using any awakened gems, gear is pretty good tho!

gear :

"
Wiire wrote:
(Top notch advice)

Thank you for the detailed response! I didn't even realize about the Yriel's (never used it before). Swapped it out for one with more life, evasion, and Rhoa. Also a Guatelitzi's ring as a temp use until I can get a better LGoH one.
Picked up Sleight of Hand (held off while leveling since I used TR, and totally forgot to pick it up) and dropped Melding. Also forgot to swap Alira for passives, so I did that as well.

Feeling a lot tankier now, damage is better as well, though I still need to get a better wand going, but just wanted to let you know I appreciate your time/knowledge!
so I finally got "stuck" (meta's take too long and I die almost instantly to degens) at the entrance to red maps with... well.. pretty crappy gear. I've only once gotten to the endgame in PoE and I have a hard time figuring out the best way to spend my currency.

As you can probably see on my gear I've havn't had an upgrade since I entered maps basically (besides the chest piece that I still try to 6L). The build has held it's own though and getting to t10s in this gear on a 5L speaks volumes for the build imho.. but now I need to upgrade.

What should I focus on first? I have 8 exalts and 600ish chaos orbs (plus various stuff I don't wanna sell, because I'm a collector, and I might need stuff one day, right? :) ).

I've tried to import some of the top wands I've seen in this thread (like Ravi's wand) and it's a 125% damage increase. None on the trade ofc.. There are several that would provide me with a 50-60% upgrade though.

Also, it seems some of the top users of the build is using slight different tree. Ravi has gone upwards towards the witch area, Wire has taken more nodes in the duelist area, so has Goost)... any pros/cons to the different approaches?

You can find my character at:

https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/LUXEdeJUNK/characters

Name is "BoomZoom".

For a quick overview here is also a quick listing:

Last edited by LUXEdeJUNK on Dec 27, 2019, 6:46:21 PM
"
LUXEdeJUNK wrote:
so I finally got "stuck" (meta's take too long and I die almost instantly to degens) at the entrance to red maps with... well.. pretty crappy gear. I've only once gotten to the endgame in PoE and I have a hard time figuring out the best way to spend my currency.

As you can probably see on my gear I've havn't had an upgrade since I entered maps basically (besides the chest piece that I still try to 6L). The build has held it's own though and getting to t10s in this gear on a 5L speaks volumes for the build imho.. but now I need to upgrade.

What should I focus on first? I have 8 exalts and 600ish chaos orbs (plus various stuff I don't wanna sell, because I'm a collector, and I might need stuff one day, right? :) ).

I've tried to import some of the top wands I've seen in this thread (like Ravi's wand) and it's a 125% damage increase. None on the trade ofc.. There are several that would provide me with a 50-60% upgrade though.

Also, it seems some of the top users of the build is using slight different tree. Ravi has gone upwards towards the witch area, Wire has taken more nodes in the duelist area, so has Goost)... any pros/cons to the different approaches?

Name is "BoomZoom".

Hello, I see first improvements as following:
1. Should really take Hunter's Gambit & Dirty Techniques notables because of "faster %" which is direct multiplier to DPS. this means you move part of your tree under Duelist.
2. Perfect Agony is provided by the pot, but I understand why you take it since you are not a Pathfinder :D
3. Buy an ilvl 86 Imbued Wand & craft yourself a new one through 3-fossil combo: Corroded, Aberranth & Metallic. Much more damage than Obliteration which still might be good for clear though especially having no poison proliferation as an Assassin.
4. Get a 6L.
5. Instead of Witchfire Brew you might get Mark of Submission ring with Despair inside or maybe your wand rolls "Curse with Level 10 Despair on hit".
Last edited by KRIGSSVIN on Dec 28, 2019, 3:01:38 PM
Hey guys, kinda confused. I'm not very good at using PoB and when I import my character I'm not sure showing the correct dps for my skills. Says Im doing about 400k total poison dps but it feels like Im doing more, I could be totally wrong though.

My PoB: https://pastebin.com/DN4Ni9XY

And if that is the correct dps could anyone tell me what the biggest upgrades are that I could make from my current gear?

Spoiler

I know the body armour is going to be a big one, but I cant imagine thats whats going to get my damage up to that juicy number. Having a lot of fun with the build, wanders are my favorite type of build so I wanna play one rn while theyre good again.
Last edited by HashedTomato on Dec 28, 2019, 9:50:43 PM
"
HashedTomato wrote:
Hey guys, kinda confused. I'm not very good at using PoB and when I import my character I'm not sure showing the correct dps for my skills. Says Im doing about 400k total poison dps but it feels like Im doing more, I could be totally wrong though.

My PoB: https://pastebin.com/DN4Ni9XY

And if that is the correct dps could anyone tell me what the biggest upgrades are that I could make from my current gear?

Spoiler

I know the body armour is going to be a big one, but I cant imagine thats whats going to get my damage up to that juicy number. Having a lot of fun with the build, wanders are my favorite type of build so I wanna play one rn while theyre good again.

You are using the wrong Gem. It's Barrage support gem to support power siphon. Not the attack skill Barrage.
System specs: AMD Ryzen 3600, RTX 2060 Super
"
Ranmaz wrote:

You are using the wrong Gem. It's Barrage support gem to support power siphon. Not the attack skill Barrage.

Ah thats awkward... Idk how I got so far and didnt make the connection.

Is that going to be the main change I needa make other than simply upgrading wand/chest/gem quality?

Found this neck:
Spoiler

Last edited by HashedTomato on Dec 29, 2019, 2:05:59 AM
I been playing this build overall speed clear is god tier but i feel squishy against bosses and especially metamorphs in high red tier maps. I dont know what else to do maybe change to a rare shield with life and res and change circle of nostalgia to a rare ring also. Any tips on how to improve? Thanks alot!
Last edited by Terrony on Dec 29, 2019, 10:43:06 AM
"
KRIGSSVIN wrote:

1. Should really take Hunter's Gambit & Dirty Techniques notables because of "faster %" which is direct multiplier to DPS. this means you move part of your tree under Duelist.
2. Perfect Agony is provided by the pot, but I understand why you take it since you are not a Pathfinder :D
3. Buy an ilvl 86 Imbued Wand & craft yourself a new one through 3-fossil combo: Corroded, Aberranth & Metallic. Much more damage than Obliteration which still might be good for clear though especially having no poison proliferation as an Assassin.
4. Get a 6L.
5. Instead of Witchfire Brew you might get Mark of Submission ring with Despair inside or maybe your wand rolls "Curse with Level 10 Despair on hit".

Much obliged Warpig :) (danish?)
"
KRIGSSVIN wrote:
"
LUXEdeJUNK wrote:

Name is "BoomZoom".

4. Get a 6L.

You really think hunter's gambit worth? 4 nodes, only the last is useable for us. I looked at it earlier and decided against it. I could see it as a good switch if you lose the 4 pierce nodes if you get pierce on amulet/helmet/boots, otherwise, what would you drop?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info