Development Manifesto: Balance in Path of Exile: Conquerors of the Atlas

O well, time to stay in standard league then.

Thought I missed out good fun by joining a week before Blight ends, but it doesn't seem like there's incentive to play Metamorph at all.
Grinding hard, barely surviving.

Just got back to the game after a long leave, lots to catch up on.

IGN: Barefist Hero
I hope the arc buff refers to the chain radius, because damage wise it's already fine, it's just the chain nerf that bonked the skill..
I was going to play DW CRIT IMPALE CYCLONE SLAYER.... was this nerfed????
GGG: "We want players to engage with the game how we choose, and if they won't we'll make them"

New Player: "As a new player, will you provide a quality game that will keep me engaged and wanting to play, one where the average player can actually enjoy the game as well and not just no life 1%'ers"

GGG: "Haha! Absolutely the fuck not."

New Player: "So you just want to take my MTX money and then just nerf everything into the ground?"

GGG: "Haha! Abso-the-fuck-lutely."

New Player: "So melee was already dead, and now the bow league is also dead before it starts"
Last edited by Diablo_4_ever on Dec 9, 2019, 11:43:07 PM
"
__Shady__ wrote:
Can someone please explain the multi mod change in dumb person terms?

So, you have a rare item that can have up to 6 affixes. Now with this change, you'll barely have 5 mods counting the pseudo-multicraft mod itself, all of this if you manage to get two good isolated mods through alt-regal-spamming... Good bye to those swords, for example, where you isolate the "Flaring" flat phys mod and go straight away with the multi mod process.

They make these changes revolving around streamers and racers but are way ugly for casual players like me or you that luckily manage to get one good multi-mod item in the league, if we are lucky enough to do that.
Last edited by Educmack on Dec 9, 2019, 11:46:38 PM
i'm hyped for the future changes to wanders!
"
ormvråken wrote:
I mean sure, reduce zombie damage by 90% and it's still a viable damage source, but increasing armour of the enemies will do nothing against the broken builds that deals a lot of damage but it will further cripple the already struggling builds with lower damage.

In softcore you can throw in 10 extra damage nodes and then you are good to go again, but it's not as easy to do so in hardcore. Limit the upper power of the builds with several million dps instead of dropping the 200k dps builds to sub 100k dps.

If your build has 200k dps in the late game, it is not the game that has a problem.
"
arthur1744 wrote:
i'm hyped for the future changes to wanders!

ya, me too. i was just thinking yesterday that an obliteration build would be interesting with a bunch of chaos dmg to blow things up. it will probably still suck, but ill keep an eye on it. more likely we see a resurgence of KB wanders or something. that something might wind up being elementalists. there are wand nodes over there.

on an unrelated subject, my hopeful build is looking better and better each day. waiting for patch notes obv, but its looking good.
Last edited by burninbeard on Dec 9, 2019, 11:50:03 PM
"
ormvråken wrote:
I mean sure, reduce zombie damage by 90% and it's still a viable damage source, but increasing armour of the enemies will do nothing against the broken builds that deals a lot of damage but it will further cripple the already struggling builds with lower damage.

In softcore you can throw in 10 extra damage nodes and then you are good to go again, but it's not as easy to do so in hardcore. Limit the upper power of the builds with several million dps instead of dropping the 200k dps builds to sub 100k dps.

THIS, the way armour works it wont even matter, give some things fortify or reduced damage taken so at least we tanky builds take as much of a hit, not a LARGER HIT. The problem is power creep at the upper end, and armour is the worst mechanic for that.

Anyway i dont have any faith that this will be adressed more reasonably, guess no more attack speed builds for me.
"
Raise Zombies had too much damage and life for a small investment. They've been lowered in power slightly in several ways: lower base damage, lower area on their Slam, no life multiplier per gem level and a longer Slam cooldown.

Lemme guess, no % or flat values would be presented in patch notes, because Zombie doesn’t show it at all.
This is the improvement that might be useful.

And I think that life multiplier should have been lowered to 10-15% at lvl 20, but not removed.
Last edited by NebSehemvi on Dec 10, 2019, 12:10:38 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info