[3.17] Wallach's Hierophant Freezing Pulse Totems (No Further Updates)

Yes since you are immune go curse, it wont affect you but you still get the spell damage increase with pain attunement.

"
BorkeNoah wrote:
Okay thanks, did not know that.

Is it the same with Coward's Legacy and its Vulnerability?

Big fan of this build, played it in 3.7 and initially rolled Skelemancer this league but after getting super bored with it I remembered how much I enjoyed this build. Now the game is actually fun again.

I love how off- meta this is. At level 63 I already have the soul mantle kikazaru flaggelation clear mind setup plus a decent shaper shield and have only spent maybe 40c (most of it on the shield)
So I'm being screwed over by RNG - I've only had 2ex drop this entire league so far and DPS simply isn't good enough for late-game mapping (PoB says 350K per buffed totem)

What's the cheapest upgrade that will make this more viable please?
I'm super-poor and had no crafting luck nor decent drops :'(

Thanks in advance!

Last edited by xw_ziggy on Jan 18, 2020, 2:44:54 PM
Thought on Rain of splinters anyone? Seems really good...
Rain of Splinters is terrible for this build.

You get 2 extra projectiles (so 7 instead of 5) but at 30% less, so a 0.7 modifier on top of all other totem modifiers.

Without Rain of Splinters:
5x 100% damage per totem = 500% damage.

With Rain of Splinters (best case 30% less totem damage):
7x 70% damage per totem = 490% damage.

So the best case scenario for Rain of Splinters is that it's a downgrade and a wasted jewel slot.
Last edited by xw_ziggy on Jan 18, 2020, 6:31:04 PM
Rain of Splinters is actually a reduced modifier, which means it would just go into the additive stack and be extremely minor in terms of penalty for this build.

Thing is, the opportunity cost isn't very good because the First Snow jewels are basically just better versions of Rain of Splinters - we still get +2 projectiles per jewel but with a slight buff instead of any penalty. Going from 1 projectile to 3, or 3 projectiles to 5 are pretty good uses of jewel slots in terms of clear speed, but don't offer any single target improvement since only one projectile per cast can hit a target. Going from 5 to 7 projectiles has less impact than the previous +2 projectiles, and starts to ask for too many jewel sockets when we have other strong options for actually increasing the damage of our current projectile set instead of adding more.
Not sure if this has been asked before, but how are you satisfying the 40 intelligence requirement on the second First Snow Jewel?
It doesn't look like there are enough intelligence points within radius.
Any advice for which pair of gloves i should wear? Currently using culling strike as its awesome on Sirus. Thanks all.

Note you don't have to have placed a point into the intelligence node for it to count towards a jewel's requirements. The intelligence node just has to exist within the jewel's radius. Also, pro tip, if you ever want to double check what mods you're getting from a jewel, zoom all the way in on your passive tree and hover over the gold border of the jewel socket. A black box with white text will appear and show you the mods being granted by that jewel socket. This is different from the normal item box that has the item name, rarity border, etc.
"
Note you don't have to have placed a point into the intelligence node for it to count towards a jewel's requirements. The intelligence node just has to exist within the jewel's radius.

Thanks! I''m new to POE so didn't know about that :)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info