[3.17] Wallach's Hierophant Freezing Pulse Totems (No Further Updates)

"
tedbear2009 wrote:
I think I made a mistake playing this build, it seems it requires a lot of currency for at least decent dps.

If you're lacking DPS, you can make some small and "cheap" adjustments. But as NoImagination mentioned, your focus should be the Atziri shield.
So if you dont want to spend round about 15ex for the big boost, here are some suggestions from my side:
- projectile weakness should be better than frostbite (it adds knockback as well)
- get atleast one more offensive flask (wise oak (if cold res is your highest res), silver flask, atzi flask)
- awakened added cold is like 0.6 ex and once its level 5, you get an additional level for freezing pulse
- a decent helm with -9% cold res can be easily crafted for less than 2ex if you have some crafts on stock
- The Pandemonius is a little bit more than 1 ex and is a big bosst as well.
- is it worth to spend points for the Storm Weaver, Shaper and Ash, Frost and Storm cluster? You can go for Doom cast if you hve some spare points. Arcane CApacitor is not as big as it seems in my opinion as well. You can think about changing the starting point as well if you take the intelligence notes instead of the regen ones and /or use a very large Thread of Hope to reach Ancestral Bond
Last edited by Kirbek on Aug 3, 2020, 8:11:31 AM
Talking of Reflections, got a good divine earlier.

Last edited by NoImagination on Aug 3, 2020, 3:34:42 PM
I love this build freaking badly, however, there is one thing I have an issue with. It's being too vulnerable and dying easily. As my damage is finally quite sufficient, I believe I could achieve more sustaining being alive than increasing the DPS even more. I have like 4,5k eHP + we have MoM but that's still doesn't seem to be enough. Someone here wrote he got 75/50 block with 7k+ eHP ... and that would seem like an amazing utopia. I have tried different builds meanwhile and I am still getting back to the Freezing Pulse totem as it seems to be really amazing.

So I would like to post my stuff and PoB here and ask what could I change or add to improve my viability. Things I know for sure I can change are helment and I could give up on one of the worm rings I believe.

My stuff:
Spoiler

My PoB:
Man...

+1 to cold in weapon.

Enchant in helmet.

Thats for a start.
"
klinacz wrote:
Someone here wrote he got 75/50 block with 7k+ eHP ... and that would seem like an amazing utopia.

That may have been me - 8k ehp, 75/42 block, 500k hideout dps. I just hit 98 and don't think I'll bother getting the last two levels, so a league wrap-up post hopefully keeps me away from the game for the rest of the season...

Things I do differently from the guide when I last read it:

Boot Enchant:
Spoiler
The only things we don't oneshot are 100% delirium T16+ and guardians/warlords. Even there, it's a couple of hits. So I didn't find cast speed on kill useful (doesn't apply to many bosses), crit chance (already 99%+ with flasks), or elemental penetration (best of the bunch). Added cold if hit recently is also decent, though with some bosses you aren't going to get hit often without death. So I picked mana regen because a) it helps tankiness, and b) it helps with spamming totems during invul phases of bosses, I think this helps more against Syrus or Uber Elder than other enchants. I think this choice changes if you're doing deeper delving than me, or staying in T16 100% delirium. Regular simulacrum was not a problem with half my current DPS.

Belt Enchant:
Spoiler
I no longer think crit chance during unnerve is as strong a belt enchant as I used to - I'm on 99% crit chance with flasks anyway. So none of the enchants are much good, and corruptions are a better idea. Crit multi during flask effect is a super strong belt corruption though, it's > +5% DPS for me

Helmet:
Spoiler
One with double # damage to spells, double nearby enemies is 1.4% better DPS for me, at the expense of the physical damage reduction mod that I preferred instead.

Curses:
Spoiler
Blade blast to apply unnerve - it's instant, aoe and has tiny cost. This saves you a glove affix.

Gems:
Spoiler
Precision aura once you have a better jewel than clear mind is another ~5% DPS at the expense of ~300 ehp. It also has the downside of taking a gem slot, so I'm using awakened spell cascade with frost bomb and arcane surge. Perhaps this tradeoff isn't worth it for most leagues, but I'm still > 7.5k ehp.

Phase Run:
Spoiler
is very good - more move speed, more defence, good qol, makes delve much smoother. It has 159 dex requirement at 21 though, which can be a bit awkward, but you aren't losing much by going a couple of levels lower, just like with Blade Blast. It also eats frenzy charges, which leads to:

Vaal Cold Snap:
Spoiler
The normal version still triggers off CWDT, but now you can add three frenzy charges when you need them at the end of the map, or while running around at the end of a Delve encounter. The latter is quite nice because you'll be able to phase run for as long as you could want.

Gear:
Spoiler

You can of course optimise for greater DPS than I did. I took four optional non-life defensive nodes (2nd chaos resist, 5% block, 10% phys as fire, mana fractured onto boots), a spell block jewel, and some shield nodes. I've liked this balance though.

There are obviously still upgrades I could go for. +1 socketed gems didn't improve my DPS, so that isn't one, but more ES on the Soul Mantle isn't hard - I have one that I need to 6 link. Large cluster jewel kind of sucks, it can be +12% cold instead, with Blanketed Snow. Synthesis mods largely suck on them too. Jewel resists etc are on purpose - I'm 75/75/75/37. Having crafted dex on gloves sucks, it would be better to get some with 60 dex and save a node. Crit mods on amulet and wand are not perfect. amulet being the bigger problem. Could get 1% more chaos resist on hat. One flask is missing 26%. Some gems can be 21/23 and give me improvements. But that'll do for now.
Last edited by NoImagination on Aug 4, 2020, 1:30:17 AM
Thx @NoImagination, switched to Blade Blast instead of Storm Brand and Unnerve on gloves as well. Gives me another 500k dps according to PoB.

"
Kirbek wrote:
Thx @NoImagination, switched to Blade Blast instead of Storm Brand and Unnerve on gloves as well. Gives me another 500k dps according to PoB.

Is there a clever way to get shaper, damage against chilled, and T1 dexterity on sorcerer gloves? I am thinking you need the latter two, then you add a random influence & hope to get lucky. But getting the latter two is easier said than done, there's almost nothing on the market. 24ex is cheapest at the moment - which would be fine, but you THEN have to hit shaper influence in the garden, and mostly of course, you won't.

"
NoImagination wrote:
"
Kirbek wrote:

Is there a clever way to get shaper, damage against chilled, and T1 dexterity on sorcerer gloves? I am thinking you need the latter two, then you add a random influence & hope to get lucky. But getting the latter two is easier said than done, there's almost nothing on the market. 24ex is cheapest at the moment - which would be fine, but you THEN have to hit shaper influence in the garden, and mostly of course, you won't.

You should consider getting dexterity a different way.
created a small pob for you, based on your items:
https://pastebin.com/PJ4QpwqJ

Features:
Thread of Hope instead of 2nd First snow
Cluster with t1 dex, blanketed snow and vengeful commander
skilled precision
crafted damage during flask effect on gloves
puts you at 118/123 passive points (pob doesn't know if alira or all bandits) --> spare points could be used for "elemental focus" to push your cold conduction

Edit
Was thinking about damage vs chilled gloves with shaper influence as well, but as you said, hitting shaper influence with garden is 1/6 and fingerless without influence ilvl 84+ are 4ex. Not possible for me atm.

Edit²
Or we hit shaper on first try...
Last edited by Kirbek on Aug 4, 2020, 7:38:19 AM
Hi guys!i just love this build, can u help me develop my guy further?any tips what can i do more 4 dps?For now i am developing some gems (awakening).Here is my pastebin https://pastebin.com/x27PCKvq
I made a spreadsheet summarising the crafting preferences/priorities recommended in this guide:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1B5sokXWPQdJlWvZcyQttpX7BQnoVoo7gRxsNnXEcND4/edit?usp=sharing

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info