Oils on Ps4

"
sotton420 wrote:
"
Faceman165 wrote:
Right now there are countless things more important than oils for poe on console. (improving stability, fixing trade, implementing chat...)

Exactly.

GGG didn't said blight will not come to consoles on 3.9, we only have to wait a bit, like the delve tab. Why asking to GGG to drop oil from somewhere if they don't introduced before 3.9, obviosly they don't have time to do or don't want to make 2 different games for 3 platforms. It's better wait GGG make improvements on this game then make something that they will take off after. And i'm out of track... lol

Well, yes you are.
First you thought Blight was getting core, which is not

Then you thought we were complaining about Blight not getting core, which we were not, cause everyone knows that ps4 can't handle Blight encounter.

Now you think that Blight will get core "in a little bit, just like delve tab" which of course won't happen because, again, they didn't fix the Blight in 3 months of league now you think they will fix it in a couple of days? Lol.
Just like the global chat back in march was getting in the game in a couple of weeks (and 9 months went by..).

And finally you say the don't want to make 3 different games, which is exactly what they're doing, because taking away oils (I don't give a rat about Blighted Maps) means taking away lots of build from the game, because oils allows multiple builds.

And everytime you walked away from that like it wasn't you writing that Blight of course is getting core!! lol.

Everyone here would love to have a smooth game, no crashes, no lag, no fteezes... Unfortunately is not possible, ps4 can't handle it.
This game has problems on PC after 7 yrs development on it so... good luck consoles.
In 9 months on ps4 (and 2yrs on XBox.. ) they improved a bit the performances, but anyone here can say that they solved the blue screen problem? The continuos lag spikes? The freezes? No, I don't think so..

That's why I think that pointing out on performances as priorities in this thread is completely useless.
To implement oils in the Temple or in Legion chests won't take that much work.
Solve the multiple performances problem of the game.. Well.. 9 months weren't enough till now :)
Last edited by Asra101010 on Dec 4, 2019, 4:20:10 AM
Double.
Last edited by Asra101010 on Dec 4, 2019, 4:13:30 AM
This is exactly my thoughts as well.

Waiting a little while for every league start is annoying but acceptable.
Waiting for Delve tab was also annoying but the fact that it happened during the same league was again acceptable.

Waiting for performance improvements in general for almost a year - not great at all I'll be honest but we put up with it because we get to play the full PoE experience on our platform of choice.

Waiting for Blight Oils and Blight Uniques for longer than a few days or weeks into the new league - Unacceptable for me. This means we ARE playing a different version of the game to PC player. There are already concessions made for content on console for performance reasons(Betrayal is 1 spawn per map with 3 times rewards for example) so there is precedent to this.

Adding to Legion chests, strongboxes, delve etc. are all not ideal solutions but they are acceptable solutions in order to, as Asra keeps pointing out, give us access to the same builds and character options as players on other platforms.

Lets take a look at how this might play out in the short term:
Metamorph league finishes and has had similar performance issues as Blight on Console. Metamorph becomes core and the new quality currency for jewelry is kept. Metamorph is postponed from going core on console. Support Gems Plus are also having perfromance issues on console and get removed pending fixes. We haven't gotten Blight yet.

We very quickly end up in a situation where the console builds are lagging way behind(6 months) in terms of options and feasibility compared to PC.

Honestly this is a much quicker way to kill the game on consoles than performance issues which, as we've pointed out, are present on PC to a lesser extent anyway and yet the game continues to explode in popularity.
"
megajenius wrote:
This is exactly my thoughts as well.

Waiting a little while for every league start is annoying but acceptable.
Waiting for Delve tab was also annoying but the fact that it happened during the same league was again acceptable.

Waiting for performance improvements in general for almost a year - not great at all I'll be honest but we put up with it because we get to play the full PoE experience on our platform of choice.

Waiting for Blight Oils and Blight Uniques for longer than a few days or weeks into the new league - Unacceptable for me. This means we ARE playing a different version of the game to PC player. There are already concessions made for content on console for performance reasons(Betrayal is 1 spawn per map with 3 times rewards for example) so there is precedent to this.

Adding to Legion chests, strongboxes, delve etc. are all not ideal solutions but they are acceptable solutions in order to, as Asra keeps pointing out, give us access to the same builds and character options as players on other platforms.

Lets take a look at how this might play out in the short term:
Metamorph league finishes and has had similar performance issues as Blight on Console. Metamorph becomes core and the new quality currency for jewelry is kept. Metamorph is postponed from going core on console. Support Gems Plus are also having perfromance issues on console and get removed pending fixes. We haven't gotten Blight yet.

We very quickly end up in a situation where the console builds are lagging way behind(6 months) in terms of options and feasibility compared to PC.

Honestly this is a much quicker way to kill the game on consoles than performance issues which, as we've pointed out, are present on PC to a lesser extent anyway and yet the game continues to explode in popularity.

Well its a nice feeling when someone ACTUALLY read what you wrote and UNDERSTAND it, thank you megajenius.

You even went forward.
I agree when you say that this is a really "scary" hint on the future of the game on consoles.
Fortunately I don't think Methamorph will be such a big problem, it should be a Boss fight league, so we will have no more problems than we have with all the boss fights we already have.
But I get your point, is the method that is scary: consoles can't handle this content very well, just take it out of the gameplay.
If we make it pass like a breeze we will find ourselves in a game much different from the game people will play on PC.
And I say this as a very "generous" supporter player as you can see under my Avatar, so no hate on GGG, love their game and spent lot of money just to support them on consoles (as I actually don't give a rat about mtx, to be honest, given that most of them makesthe gameeven more laggy lol).
But this choice is not acceptable.
And for those who (maybe) played the Blight League and are happy about this decision because they got lot of oils there that they can profit on Standard.. Well, no Blight means no Cassia, no Cassia means no anoontment, no anointment means that all those oils will be useful like an orb of fusing in a year from now.
Last edited by Asra101010 on Dec 4, 2019, 9:29:49 AM
"
Asra101010 wrote:
"
sotton420 wrote:
"
Faceman165 wrote:
Right now there are countless things more important than oils for poe on console. (improving stability, fixing trade, implementing chat...)

Exactly.

GGG didn't said blight will not come to consoles on 3.9, we only have to wait a bit, like the delve tab. Why asking to GGG to drop oil from somewhere if they don't introduced before 3.9, obviosly they don't have time to do or don't want to make 2 different games for 3 platforms. It's better wait GGG make improvements on this game then make something that they will take off after. And i'm out of track... lol

Well, yes you are.
First you thought Blight was getting core, which is not

Then you thought we were complaining about Blight not getting core, which we were not, cause everyone knows that ps4 can't handle Blight encounter.

Now you think that Blight will get core "in a little bit, just like delve tab" which of course won't happen because, again, they didn't fix the Blight in 3 months of league now you think they will fix it in a couple of days? Lol.
Just like the global chat back in march was getting in the game in a couple of weeks (and 9 months went by..).

And finally you say the don't want to make 3 different games, which is exactly what they're doing, because taking away oils (I don't give a rat about Blighted Maps) means taking away lots of build from the game, because oils allows multiple builds.

And everytime you walked away from that like it wasn't you writing that Blight of course is getting core!! lol.

Everyone here would love to have a smooth game, no crashes, no lag, no fteezes... Unfortunately is not possible, ps4 can't handle it.
This game has problems on PC after 7 yrs development on it so... good luck consoles.
In 9 months on ps4 (and 2yrs on XBox.. ) they improved a bit the performances, but anyone here can say that they solved the blue screen problem? The continuos lag spikes? The freezes? No, I don't think so..

That's why I think that pointing out on performances as priorities in this thread is completely useless.
To implement oils in the Temple or in Legion chests won't take that much work.
Solve the multiple performances problem of the game.. Well.. 9 months weren't enough till now :)

"Well, yes you are. First you thought Blight was getting core, which is not"

Do you know how to interpret text?

"FOR NOW, Blight won't be added to Core Path of Exile on console platforms due to some performance problems we need to solve. OUR PLAN is to fix these problems and to INTEGRATE IT."

Where did you read Blight will not be on core?? you are supposing that?

"That's why I think that pointing out on performances as priorities in this thread is completely useless. To implement oils in the Temple or in Legion chests won't take that much work."

Are you a developer?? do you know if it's easy or hard to put oils dropping from somewhere??? are you supposing that too????

it tooks weeks to integrate delve tab (it's easy to do delve tab?? do you know??? looks like easy for you??????), i can imagine how many week it takes to implement oils dropping from chests or whatever...

I didn't say it's fair to wait way more then pc version, i only said i prefer wait to improvements then asking something i don't know if is possible or not to GGG do.

You acting like a owner of restaurant trying to teach the cooker.

@Asra101010

Everytime i hear this "consoles cant handle poe" -.- as if poe was a particularly demanding video game.

I remember playing the game in beta many years ago. My laptop was almost dying to run it. Other more demanding games ran smoothly. It was a lack of optimisation back then as it is now on console.

There were times when you couldnt leap slam two times in a row (on my xbox one x!) They fixed this. They will also fix other performance issues if they would put enough work into it.

Trade still seems to be broken on console, chat is still missing.

But yes you are right, we need more oils in poe ;)

At least both of us care about the game and we hope for improvements.

Last edited by Faceman165 on Dec 4, 2019, 1:18:20 PM
@sotton420

OK dude, you're right. We can just stop this discussion between us.

@faceman165

I don't really know if the game is so demanding or if is only lacking optimisation (both, I guess) what I know for sure is that if I'm playing with my Ts char and I meet a legion pillar I have to slog out and log in with the elemental hit chara, cause Tornado Shot crash the game 99% of the times you have a Legion Encounter.
And many, many other little problems here and there as we all perfectly know..

As you correctly pointed out, back in March they said: we are going to bring you the chat in the next few weeks.. 9 months passed by and we are still waiting.
So having that in mind, are you sure you wanna wait for their Blight fix in order to get oils (which are not a meme item, they are a build enabling item..)?
You as well the guy above you, think that is only a matter of a couple days before they fix Blight?

And are you ok (it's a paradox) if they slowly, slowly start to not implement stuff on console?
I can stand if a league mechanic is taken away from console cause it not working properly, but I cannot accept if they take away also items/currencies/crafting, cause that make our game different and unbalaced.
What if your favourite streamer makes a build that you love and then you find out that ops, you need avatar of fire on your amulet to make it work?
What do you think that they didn't have in mind the anointments when they designed the new Bosses?
And when poe 3.10 will hit IF we are not keeping the new currencies from Metamorph what do you think will happen?
I tell you what : we will have an unbalanced game (even more, I mean..) because soils, new currencies and so on make some build possible, and the new content always are balanced around what you have on PC, surely not what you have on console..
Take your conclusion.
Last edited by Asra101010 on Dec 4, 2019, 2:01:48 PM
Today I've got Machina Mitts, Blight specific Unique Gloves, in the Menagerie converting another Unique on Ps4 Standard.

That's funny, getting a Current League Specific Unique in Standard when that League is not going core.
Lol

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info