D3 Reaper of Souls expansion

Seems all D3 players are super satisfied by this expansion. When they compare D3 to PoE, they always talk about this expansion.

Anyone knows anything about Reaper of Souls? Isn't D3 a boring game right now?
Last bumped on Nov 26, 2019, 2:46:01 PM
D3 is very boring compared to PoE or GD or any of the current ARPGs, IMO. I don't know how D3 played w/out RoS because I bought it really late and it was bundled so never played it w/out EP.
Censored.
The first iteration of D3 was trash. I played on release day, up until 2 weeks after the game was out, so that was my perspective.

Decent drops were super, super rare, like even rarer than at any point in time during PoE's entire existence.

There was an auction house for trading, and people could officially use real money to buy gear.

Inferno difficulty basically was the post-game. Trying to fight the 2nd boss in Inferno was like trying to beat shaper, or uber with self-found gear fresh out of act 10 at level 6X, before running a single map. In other words, nearly impossible. It was quite some time before someone beat hardcore Inferno, Kripp was the first one. And people were feeding him gear to do it.

I remember when I first got to Inferno with a Barbarian who just finished slaughtering hell difficulty, no problem. Regular trash mobs in Inferno act 1 were hitting like champs in the last acts of hell, and if you rolled a champion mob with a regen mod, it was basically unkillable without very good equipment, which you wouldn't have had at the start of the new difficulty, so most people just skipped the champion mobs, and killed the trash. I got bored with this pretty quick. It took me something like 12-15 minutes to DPS down the first boss in Inferno? That's nuts! I remember getting instagibbed by poison projectiles by trash mobs in act 2! About this time was when I RQ'd D3. Deleted all my characters, and uninstalled. I felt like this was a game that was rigged to the point of being unfair, and designed to encourage you to spend money, because gear drops were non-existent. Pay to win game that I also had to buy access to!

RoS made the content more accessible, by removing the entire economy from the game, and made finding gear easier for people who actually preferred to play the actual game more than an auction house. This on top of rebalancing, and an official end game grind made the game way better for a lot of people.
Last edited by MrSmiley21 on Nov 5, 2019, 11:31:01 PM
I finished D3 only for story and RoS was so boooring i needed two attempts to even go with it.

But seriously why do You even care?
Last edited by de99ial on Nov 18, 2019, 1:32:03 AM
I liked RoS content more than base D3, though I still find D3 pretty boring overall.
The added end game is the primary reason people enjoyed more, I believe. But I still don't find it varied enough to want to go back to it that often
If D3 RoS had ongoing content additions/more endgame content, and if it were more varied, there'd still be far more people playing D3 than PoE. But it doesn't, so the playerbase steadily dwindled while PoE's steadily grew. It also doesn't help that you can easily be max level in an hour or two (even faster with the right help) and usually be class set complete the following day.

There's really very little incentive to continually play the game.
I have a pretty good sense of humor. I'm not German.
"
aggromagnet wrote:
If D3 RoS had ongoing content additions/more endgame content, and if it were more varied, there'd still be far more people playing D3 than PoE. But it doesn't, so the playerbase steadily dwindled while PoE's steadily grew. It also doesn't help that you can easily be max level in an hour or two (even faster with the right help) and usually be class set complete the following day.

Ok let's pump the brakes here. Season 19 just launched for D3 and look at the numbers compared to PoE that just announced its sequel.

Sure Metamorph will see a bump, but are we really comparing the two franchises? I mean jesus D3 is one of the greatest selling game of ALL TIME.
"Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt."
- Abraham Lincoln
"
DarthSki44 wrote:
"
aggromagnet wrote:

Ok let's pump the brakes here. Season 19 just launched for D3 and look at the numbers compared to PoE that just announced its sequel.

Sure Metamorph will see a bump, but are we really comparing the two franchises? I mean jesus D3 is one of the greatest selling game of ALL TIME.

Yea, while we don't really have any idea how many people are playing D3, if you just use twitch numbers as a crude proxy, D3 is sitting at a little less than double the number of viewers right now.

While it's probably true that PoE experiences growth and D3 mostly doesn't, D3 is still sitting real pretty comparatively.
"
DarthSki44 wrote:
"
aggromagnet wrote:

Yes, Season 19 just started and it's not quite as generic as some of the seasons tend to be, so it got a really nice bump. I know, because I'm playing it too.

While PoE is on the tail-end of a dead league that launched with very little hype and bled players in quick order from the get-go. And that just-announced sequel is at least a year out, and it was just-announced to a largely pre-existing playerbase. Metamorph actually has some hype, so PoE's next big bump is coming in a couple weeks and D3's bump will already be tapering off.

Both games mainly just play to their own and each others existing playerbases at this point in their shelf-lives. Neither one of them are likely to see a notable influx of truly new or long-gone players until they actually have something new to offer.

Personally, I'm getting bored with S19 already.

It took me about 5hrs to hit 70, without begging for powerlevel in chat and with a 2hr or so break for brunch with the wife being included in that 5hrs (season started at 9am local time). Collected full Bones and full Trang'Oul's sets for my Necro (which just bought and had never played before) over the course of the weekend. A few of my base set pieces have already been replaced with Ancients, but still got a bit more to go on that. Grift levels progressing, legendary gems ranking up, and...pretty soon I'll be at that inevitable D3 brick wall of nothing to do and no reason to keep playing.

The path to that wall is too short, too easy, lacks anything that resembles consequence, and at no time necessitates any form of planning or preparation. I really, really hope that D4 will be much better in that regard.
I have a pretty good sense of humor. I'm not German.
"
DarthSki44 wrote:
I mean jesus D3 is one of the greatest selling game of ALL TIME.

Yeah well... That argument always works on me in one way. If that factor matters we all should eat shit - 6000000 flies cannot be wrong.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info