Diablo 4: will you buy it?

I take back my previous post after watching the gameplay from https://www.twitch.tv/wolfcryer

The quality from their gameplay trailer on YouTube really diminishes the graphics. Good lord, it looks amazing not gonna lie.
"Path of Exile's engine is currently modern, lean and fast." - Chris Wilson, September 19th, 2019

"It looks like we broke something with 3.10.0. We don't know what it is yet." - Bex, March 16th, 2020
i see they have removed stats, and only atk/def/life are there, main stats in d3 were not properly used, so i can see the reason for that choice, but still feels bad, as only thing separating classes will be their resource pools and not something like stats.

edit, after seeing 90 mins gameplay, im totally disappointed, not even considering buying it

otherwise they make diablo 5 in future same deal and repeat everything and simplify it even more, i really hope this is only 10% of final product contentwise
Spreading salt since 2006
Last edited by Necromael on Nov 1, 2019, 5:06:05 PM
NO. I won't fall for it this time
No, not based on what little they've shown (come on, Blizz always makes amazing trailers - that reveal nothing). I want an interesting game, and if all they're gonna do is remake D2 in a new engine then no thanks (I'm not a graphics nut either). D4 needs to actually push the genre forward and introduce new ideas that make for interesting gameplay, not cash in on nostalgia. I don't give a crap about this being a Blizzard game - I'll judge it on its own merits as if it came from some unknown studio, much like PoE.

People make a big deal out of the return to the old art style. I don't give a crap about the art style. Hell, they're even bringing all the old classes back. Chances are we're getting Druid, Sorceress, Barbarian (all confirmed), Amazon (cos you need to fill the archer/rogue archetype) and Necromancer (for summoners, no Druid doesn't cut it for satisfying summoners). So that leaves Paladin and Assassin left out in the cold (cos only 5 on launch). What little gameplay they've shown looks ... pretty standard. Meh.

P.S.: Btw, what makes Lilith so scary? She's the daughter of Mephisto. Sure she (co-)created Sanctuary, but we've already defeated each of the PRIME Evils, then all 3 of them together, then all of them together + Malthael. How's she gonna top that?
Last edited by Exile009 on Nov 1, 2019, 5:39:41 PM
"
Exile009 wrote:
Btw, what makes Lilith so scary? She's the daughter of Mephisto. Sure she (co-)created Sanctuary, but we've already defeated each of the PRIME Evils, then all 3 of them together, then all of them together + Malthael. How's she gonna top that?

That's a pretty good point actually... I honestly don't see any reason for her to be malicious towards sanctuary. It is the world SHE helped to create, all of humanity are descendants of her offspring. It would make NO sense to have her be a threat to humanity. If anything, she'd much more likely openly rebel against both hell (for punishing her) and heaven (for taking away Inarius).
The only way I can see Lilith as an "evil" being towards sanctuary in the Diablo universe is if she were to take the fight against angels and demons to sanctuary itself. Which wouldn't make any sense. The is literally an entire plane of existence dedicated to eternal conflict in the lore. There is no reason for her to bring conflict to THE VERY WORLD SHE CREATED.

The more I think about it, the less sense all of this makes, unless they do some serious retconning.
I make dumb builds, therefore I am.
It's too early to say, I want to see more before I decide if I want to buy it. That said, Diablo 3 was fun for a few weeks at least, that's generally enough for what it costs imo. D4 will probably be the same.
Nope.

Fool me once, shame on you... =9[.]9=
=^[.]^= basic (happy/amused) cheetahmoticon: Whiskers/eye/tear-streak/nose/tear-streak/eye/
whiskers =@[.]@= boggled / =>[.]<= annoyed or angry / ='[.]'= concerned / =0[.]o= confuzzled /
=-[.]-= sad or sleepy / =*[.]*= dazzled / =^[.]~= wink / =~[.]^= naughty wink / =9[.]9= rolleyes #FourYearLie
If it's shit-hot right out of the gate in the first couple of days, then I'll grab it. Otherwise, I'll see how things pan out after a month or so, after the obligatory patches soak in.
I saw a couple of streamers play the demo, and the impression is not very positive.
It looks like the second failed expansion of D3.
Ok the graphics are darker, the skilltree, the d2 runes ok, but the fight I see it not very dynamic with still interminable cooldown skills, which is an aspect that I find hateful in this kind of game.
I hope to be wrong or at least to have seen little of what will be.
Hell yes I will! I am so excited for it <3
"For we are not now that strength, which in old days moved Earth and Heaven. That which we are, we are; one equal strength of heroic hearts, made weak by time and fate, but strong in will: to strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield." - Ulysses, Tennyson

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info