Whoa Diablo 4 and Diablo 2 Remastered at Blizzcon?

Anybody have any idea when something for this might come up? I've never been waiting for news from one of these conventions on the day before.
Need a new signature, cuz name change. I dunno though. I guess this seems fine. Yeah, this is good.
"
Anybody have any idea when something for this might come up? I've never been waiting for news from one of these conventions on the day before.

I would imagine there would be live tweeting and social media posts from attendees this afternoon.

Official Blizzard stuff will likely come out formally in the next few days depending on how and what is rolled out press release wise.

Either way this is a huge couple of days for the arpg industry. The gauntlet is likely being tossed down in epic fashion.
"Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt."
- Abraham Lincoln
Last edited by DarthSki44 on Nov 1, 2019, 10:10:26 AM
so they just showed off some gameplay from d4 at blizzon... meh, its looks alright, might be really good. didnt blow my socks off tbh.
I'm a bit astonished but well, it's announced.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9bRWIdOMfro
Hf :)
"
DoubleU wrote:
1. Didn't say WoW did it first.
2. Point being that actiBlizz has already has a "druid werewolf" in one of their other major titles.
Figured the parallel was obvious.

Hold up, you've had a PoE account since 2012 and you've never played Diablo 2?? That's actually impressive.
Truth, never played D2.
When it was out, was married to Wife #1, there was no gaming in those dark, dark days.

~ Adapt, Improvise and Overcome
Last edited by DoubleU on Nov 1, 2019, 6:02:07 PM
I mean, to me the relevant part is "how did you even discover this game during Beta without playing D2?"

Like, this game has changed a LOT since then and is pretty much just a zoom zoom loot grabbing simulator now (I still enjoy it but it's really dissimilar to how it was in the olden days) but back then it was like the quintessential spiritual successor to Diablo 2.

But yes, D2 had druid werewolf well before world of warcraft did, which is why it's not weird for D4 to bring that back.
ok gameplay trailer is in youtube for those who havent seen it yet...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GcylMcedXP4

whats the first look reaction? how we feeling about it?
"
Snorkle_uk wrote:
ok gameplay trailer is in youtube for those who havent seen it yet...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GcylMcedXP4

whats the first look reaction? how we feeling about it?

I'm not really convinced by the gameplay for now, but in the mean time they show almost nothing except few characters doing mostly basic actions.
Guess it's too early to say anything about it, same goes for itemization and so on ..

Wait & see :)
Hf :)
opinion after watching gameplay demo of all 3 classes in 90 mins stream of some guy :

looks like simplified/remastered d2 ported into d3 engine with better graphics, talent tree is laughable in how it modifies playstyle and they killed off majority of stats to make it probaby simpler for serverside calculations, seen only atk/def/life and some % modifiers among which there isnt a single new one or innovative that i said wow, thats good.

after watching cinematic trailer i had a good feeling, seeing gameplay trailer i already noticed how skills have reduced particles which pointed me in half-mmo direction, which was confirmed when they said that there will be world events, so they dont want to have chaos that is poe in partyplay, also consoles cant handle much, so yeah.

I must admit, only thing i like about it is enviroments and enemies which look nice and are textured nicely, everything else i saw just depressed me.

Also i like that they are continuing the loose end that is lilith and her husband, but im guessing the story cant be too complex for an arpg that it is, but still.

I really hoped that it would offer something better, but this just reeks of new guys at blizzard trying their best to reproduce what d2 did good while being limited with simplyfing the game that it almost feels like a mobile game in complexity, hell, some mobile games i play are more complex than what i've seen here today.

Looks like blizzard and innovation seriously cant go hand in hand anymore, which saddens me.

They got the style right, but engine under the exterior of that nice car that is d4 just feels small and simple.
Spreading salt since 2006

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info