Summon Skitterbots

Post your feedback for this skill here!

Make sure you concisely state your character build, level, and other complimenting abilities you have when you talk about a skill - The more we know about your character, the better we can understand your feedback.
Please email support@grindinggear.com if you need any assistance!

Last bumped on May 25, 2021, 11:42:23 AM
Skitterbots + Bonechill is currently meta for even non-miner Cold Damage dealers. Similar in effectiveness to Flesh and Stone + Maim.
studying for GGG's C++ technical exam...
Just thought I'd add to the conversation:

The shock + chill is way too powerful on these things. Opens up for Impulsa explosions on non-lightning builds, opens up Bonechill for cold-builds (even attack ones, not necessarily miners), opens up using Hypothermia on any build that's not using DoTs and lets you use Elemental Focus for bosses where you don't care about freezing anyway. All that for 35% mana reservation? Ridiculous. Nevermind it triggers and resets mines for you.

Imo, should be limited to mines.
The opposite of knowledge is not illiteracy, but the illusion of knowledge.
Cute little fellas.

Interaction with Inpulsa's, Hypothermia, Infernal Legion
is wrong.

The skill in its current state is anything but a "miner-specific skill".
One second cooldown mine autodetonation is too slow to make any noticeable impact.
Base mines damage bonus is too low as for the mana cost.

Status ailments should not be that easily accessible. Chill and shock effect from this skill should gone (along with chilled ground built-in chill effect).

Infernal legion should deal damage to enemies only if aura bearer itself is able to take burning damage from the gem.

Chill and shock auras could be replaced with a persistent "skitterbot debuff" like
"Nearby ™ Enemies take 20% increased damage from your traps and mines"
and temporal
"Nearby Enemies deal 10% less damage if skitterbot has detonated trap or mine recently"

or they could instead just apply those forgotten Sap, Brittle ailments as aura.
Problem: impostor syndrome
Solution: nerf everything
Result: depressing mess
Last edited by a_z0_9 on Nov 4, 2019, 2:15:46 AM
Doesn't work with Spell Totem despite not having special exceptions mentioned. Normally Spell Totem supports both auras and minions, and Skitterbots aren't mines (they aren't influenced by any of the mine-related notables as far as I can tell), so they should be affected, or it should be mentioned on the gem that they can't be supported by Spell Totem.
<Tyrfalger> Exactly, the next act is going outside Sarn and into those wheat fields (see the map) to become a farmer. Then we can spend our days endlessly farming. Wait a minute...
I don't know about other builds but on the one that i currently have (Bow assassin with medium strength poison Dot) it's very weak. I hardly noticed any difference in using it and i only used it ,to begin with, because i happened to get a helm enchant for it at the labyrinth. The area of effect for both chill and shock is too small and the effect is the minimum that can be applied and it's very weak. The bots more often than not will target a group of enemies and ignore all others and they don't seem to trigger or rearm traps/mines. Also the mana reservation cost is too high for such a limited skill and all in all i don't see the need to nerf it. If i keep using it it'll be for cosmetic reasons alone, because i like the Cyberpunk feel the little bots give to my character.
I'm a big fan of the new Profane Proxy! I wonder if there's a chance for it to give 3% more attributes, 3% reduced mana reserved, or 3% more item quantity? :D
Whatever you did to them this league has made them pretty much useless unless you're melee. They aren't shocking/chilling anything unless I'm right on top of them.

Seems like you have been periodically lowering all minion targeting range each league, since Blight...
yep they aint working they aint even going to mobs just stick to myself and even if you throw a mine they arent going for mine defusal at all they are completely brogen with this league patch ( when heist was implemented) and im suprised that ggg doesnt even try to fix it yet at least they always put what bugs they working on but their aura is not working for weeks and still nothing
Currently setting up a Chains of Command AW build and you broke the use of skitter bots with Chains Of command equipped.

FIX IT!!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info