Cobra Lash

Post your feedback for this skill here!

Make sure you concisely state your character build, level, and other complimenting abilities you have when you talk about a skill - The more we know about your character, the better we can understand your feedback.
Please email support@grindinggear.com if you need any assistance!

Last bumped on Apr 23, 2024, 3:46:39 PM
Well, I suppose I'll kick off the discussion with my thoughts.

Character: Level 91 Assasin (Opportunistic, Mistwalker, Noxious Strike, Toxic Delivery).

My Character is crit/poison focused, and uses Coralito's Signature religiously. The largest source of damage is from stacking poison dozens of times via Noxious Strike, though the actual hits are nothing to sneeze at either.

Full skill tree here, if you care: https://www.pathofexile.com/fullscreen-passive-skill-tree/AAAABAYBAAHcAhEFLQW1BnAHmQ0iDY0UIBX9Fr8XsBm0HF8j9iaVLiMuUzBxMHw1kjY9OkI64Tz-P2xDMUX0R35KfUqLSxxLeEyOTP9Nkk3jTipQR1FHVUtZ8FuZW69b018_YeJirGSvZU1noGqTbAhsjG1sbztvV3BScG507XaCd-N4DXgZeWh6f38rgCKEooTZh3aJ04o4jDaMz419jYGNv4_BkAqdqqLZo4qmV6jPqW6w2LTFtNG1SLXyvTa9Xb6nwBrBBMGgwuzEuMgM02_UI9X41gfYvdrB2-fdqN-g4tXjn-1B7g7vDvGK8kXy5vZI_MX9Af4K_o8=?accountName=MrEaters&characterName=Mr_Apophis

Relevant Skills in use: Cobra Lash, Withering Step, Malevolence, Blasphemied Despair, Aspect of the Spider (from Fenumus' Weave), Precision, Blood Rage, and a CWDT setup that generates power charges.

Cobra Lash is linked to GMP, Added Chaos, Deadly Ailments and Void Manipulation (eventually also Vile Toxins, but I don't have a 6l quite yet).
It's used as the primary damage dealer, while all other skills are used to augment that damage in various ways.

Actual feedback: The skill is great for clearing, even from the very start when it's obtained in Act 1. Most normal packs die in only a couple uses of the skill. Rares and bosses that spawn lots of adds also go down pretty easily because of how Noxious Strike works (poisons lasting ~30 seconds? Yes please.)

However, it's absoulutely garbage at single target, to the point where it basically cannot kill most high-level bosses that don't spawn minions (Innocence clones, Act 7 Maligaro clones, Shaper, all 3 Delve City bosses, etc.). In addition, it has a rather high mana cost, so I am required to have a mana gain on hit jewel to make the build function at all, and even then it's sometimes not enough and I run out of mana mid-fight.

Suggestion: Lower the mana cost slightly (doesn't need much, like maybe 10-15% or so) and maybe give it the Arc treatment, where it deals more damage for remaining chains- so it is actually capable of killing a solo boss.
Pros:

Nice clear speed right from the start.

I love the dagger default visuals. (A lot less clutter on the screen compared to claws visuals.)

A great skill for a new player to hop right in and feel powerful from the start.

Cons:

The single target damage is pretty lack luster.

It doesn't chain off barrels, boxes and such.

I dislike claws default visuals. (Seems to clutter the screen more-so then daggers visuals)

Notes:

I've leveled two characters using Cobra Lash to 80+ this league, both with different routes, one damage and one defensive. I will be playing this skill a lot in the future.

Last edited by bnardlcaf on Oct 15, 2019, 5:44:32 PM
well i have 7 chacters all useing cobra lash, 3 which have summons-(murader, witch, templer) so far i find no trouble with my 3 cobra lash summoners, now if spells were as good as cobra lash i'd have fun.
Recent buff is a complete nonsense. Skill idea is to scale critical and poison to deal damage. You adding more damage with hits with last buff, and this not working with poison at all. I've crit poison pathfinder, and going form 8 remaing chains to 0 decreases my posion damage by 0.5%!!! I'm still manage to clear maps through master toxicist, but any boss fights turns into a complete joke.
Hello,

I'm lvl 60 Assassin > Using Noxious Strike + Toxic Delivery so far.

Gem Links: Cobra Lash > Inc. Crit Chance > Crit Strike Affliction + GMP + Void Manipulation.

My take so far and recommendations:

The skill feels fun, i really enjoy it but, it uses quite a lot of mana and it's very hard to sustain even with clarity due to attack speed (and i'm only on 5L still).
Damage is fine during acts but lack the single target damage.
I belive it needs a small buff, even in the form of lower mana cost, base attack speed and growth, more chains, more porjectiles, more projectile speed, maybe added base crit chance like on weapones so scaling crit would be a bit easier.

Questions i have:

1. Why is there no MTX?

2. i'm not quite sure how to scale the skill, if i take the Chaos Mastery that will convert 40% Phys to Chaos resulting in 100% of my phys converted to chaos, will it increase my damage?

3. Why not change the Critical Mastery that gives "+3 to all Support critical gems to "All critical Gems"?
I played this skill a couple times untill lvl 80 or so. Found it only usefull as on on hit proc skill.

For example to collect poisons, apply decay, apply curses and buff the crawler of herald of agony. it does fit that playstyle great. But I think this could be even expanded on aswell. Especially in a minion build or blade blast build.

I would love if this skill would leave lingering blades. For example something like: 'if this skill cannot find another chain target, it will leave a lingering blade'.

Imagine to possibilies with a cast on crit + bladebast or cast on crit animate weapon build.
Hello,

Cobra Lash needs a buff

1) Damage is too low, 120 - 180 (21 lvl gem) dmg isnt big enought base

2) Hitbox is too low, sometimes it can't hit an enemy, flying through, especially when it moves

There is no single suitable skill gem that can fit "Physical and Chaos Damage" nodes where trickster starts, it looks awkward
Can we please get a transfigured Cobra Lash that is Cold damage based? I am currently trying to convert a frostblades build into a cobra lash build because i really like the skill cobra lash but wish it was either cold or lightning based. This could open up some cool mtx's as well and i would buy asap like shooting bunch of icicles or mini lightning bolts.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info