Borderlands 3 review by former PoE player

I'm at the point where I'll pick this back up after all the DLCs have been released and they've locked away their nerf bats.
"
3DNeophyte wrote:
I'm at the point where I'll pick this back up after all the DLCs have been released and they've locked away their nerf bats.

You will do as you like. This is your money after all. But when it comes to "nerfs", you don't have to worry too much, it's not the Path of Exile, which has to "sell" MTX, so developers creates too powerful things to sell MTX for them, and then they must nerf all these things to sell another MTX for other overpowered things. And so, and so, around the clock. In my current journey so far I found 1 (one!!) weapon, which is really very strong and other one, which is quite powerful, but only on specific distance. However even with these weapons, you can't eliminate a boss in a few seconds, just as you could do in B2, with combination of Salvatore and one specific Hyperion shotgun (which actually was nerfed lately) :)

In other words, game is well balanced, so there is really not much to “nerf” here and I don't think developers will risk any major nerfs. If someone has already bought the game, then either he liked it and then will also buy DLC – in that case some "nerfs" can only discourage him from buying more, or he did not like it and then he will not buy anything else, regardless of the nerfs. I have the impression that Gearbox have learned a little from GGG’s mistakes.
You have been placed on probation for: ● Make hateful or needlessly negative comments ● Personally attack or cause harm to the reputation of others ● Antagonise others in an obnoxious manner ●
"
srogi_kotek wrote:
"
3DNeophyte wrote:

You will do as you like. This is your money after all. But when it comes to "nerfs", you don't have to worry too much, it's not the Path of Exile, which has to "sell" MTX, so developers creates too powerful things to sell MTX for them, and then they must nerf all these things to sell another MTX for other overpowered things. And so, and so, around the clock. In my current journey so far I found 1 (one!!) weapon, which is really very strong and other one, which is quite powerful, but only on specific distance. However even with these weapons, you can't eliminate a boss in a few seconds, just as you could do in B2, with combination of Salvatore and one specific Hyperion shotgun (which actually was nerfed lately) :)

In other words, game is well balanced, so there is really not much to “nerf” here and I don't think developers will risk any major nerfs. If someone has already bought the game, then either he liked it and then will also buy DLC – in that case some "nerfs" can only discourage him from buying more, or he did not like it and then he will not buy anything else, regardless of the nerfs. I have the impression that Gearbox have learned a little from GGG’s mistakes.

Lol no.

There have already been adjustments across the board including significant changes to Flak's crit build, and boosting Zane's skills (still woefully behind)

There are still balance issues for sure, and I expect a number patches on top of what they have already done.

As for Gearbox and 2k learning anything from GGG.....hahahaaa. PoE / GGG and their player base is a fart in the wind compared to Gearbox and 2k platform titles. ITS NOT EVEN CLOSE.

It would be like me giving tips on reading zone coverage to Tom Brady.

Edit: lol today even: https://kotaku.com/borderlands-3-patch-nerfs-its-best-legendary-weapons-1839148519/amp
"Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt."
- Abraham Lincoln
Last edited by DarthSki44 on Oct 18, 2019, 2:13:21 PM
"
DarthSki44 wrote:

Lol no.

There have already been adjustments across the board including significant changes to Flak's crit build, and boosting Zane's skills (still woefully behind)

There are still balance issues for sure, and I expect a number patches on top of what they have already done.

As for Gearbox and 2k learning anything from GGG.....hahahaaa. PoE / GGG and their player base is a fart in the wind compared to Gearbox and 2k platform titles. ITS NOT EVEN CLOSE.

It would be like me giving tips on reading zone coverage to Tom Brady.

Edit: lol today even: https://kotaku.com/borderlands-3-patch-nerfs-its-best-legendary-weapons-1839148519/amp

Sorry, but there is almost no comparison between Gearbox and GGG when it comes to nerfs. Ok, they nerfed really overpowered SMG, but not “to the ground”, I tried it while ago, it is still fine. Yes, they destroyed Flakker and yes, it is pretty stupid move, mainly because it was a "medium-range weapon", very good for destroying certain types of enemies and from a certain distance, but it was not "nemesis", destroying everything in its path. When it comes to Zane, sorry, I went through the entire game at the highest possible level playing this character, if for someone he was "too weak", then probably this person belongs to the same group for which "Shaper" is "impossible to pass": P When it comes to Flakker, I sense backlash here:)
You have been placed on probation for: ● Make hateful or needlessly negative comments ● Personally attack or cause harm to the reputation of others ● Antagonise others in an obnoxious manner ●
Yeah, there have been a few waves of balance updates, and that includes nerfs to both weapons and class skills. I recently got really comfy with an incendiary Lucian's Call last weekend and made it part of my normal loadout for TVHM M3. But after yesterday's balance update, it handles like a firehose. Now yes, I could go on and use something else, but I just don't like having the rug taken out from under me.

That's why I'll come back to this in a few years, after the bugs have been ironed out, the balancing has been finalized, and the game has actually been finished.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info