[3.8] CI Mjolner CoC Ball Lightning Assassin - up to 6M Shaper DPS, 11k ES, 5k+ ES Recovery/s

"
NomadFX wrote:
also 96% accuracy is terrible.hint: take a closer look at your gloves.

I am guessing we need to stack more int for accuracy then? I just checked mine in POB and it is at 95%. So I guess I am missing out on more DPS since I don't proc as often as I should?

Well it's at 95% chance to hit.
Last edited by jim_Bonks on Jan 21, 2020, 2:02:02 PM
"
telosei wrote:
Hello ;

i'm looking for ways to improve my build in terme of damage but don't find anything for days tbh

anyone got some ideas ?

also, which annoint should i consider while playing this build ?

thanks you

Are you really sure 25ES on hit is enough for all content ?

i have like 30ex ready if i wanna buy a nice pair of boots but i'm really afraid about losing 20ES on hit ( got a watcher with 25ES on hit already )

I mean, my fenumus give me 10% resistance pen if i didnt killed recently which is already pretty big damage boost, dunno if it would be worth to drop 20ES on hit for a rare pair of boots mh

If you check the profiles of the people who have posted about their achievements already and check poe.ninja builds for the top builds most only use one source of ES on hit which is usually the Watcher's Eye. The Fenumus boots are redundant and you can drop them for something that gives more ES or speed. You can always run lab to get the new boots enchanted, they aren't that hard to roll unlike helmets. You should also check POB as the flat added lightning might be better than the elemental penetration enchant.

If you're looking to squeeze more damage, you'd have to check POB but maybe a level 5 Woke Added Lightning for the plus level may be better than Woke Ele Focus in chest.

I'm sure you can probably find a better amulet considering the other gear you have. Get something with high Str, Dex if needed, ES, crit multi, and maybe either inc. dmg. per power charge or Int. The annoint I see people lean towards if not Utmost Might is Tranquility. Not sure if you can still support Aspect of the Spider without the current annoint though.

Your helm enchant is good for clear but Ball Lightning doesn't shotgun from the GMP so if you don't care about the extra projectile the increased Ball Lightning Damage enchant is better. If you have a Shaper helm and roll Innervate support that can also help with getting some extra damage in if something has adds or for mapping. Then corrupt for +1 Power Charge =P

I think if you can drop one of the weaker Abyss jewels you can take the Int to the socket on the right instead of Str and put a Tempered Flesh there for some Crit Multi and move the Watcher's Eye to one of the Abyss jewel spots.

Those are the major things I can think of to squeeze more damage. I'm assuming you mean for single target bossing as there's not much more to improve other than different Headhunter corrupts for mapping.

EDIT: Honestly it looks like you either got a lucky mirror drop to afford that gear or did some shady biz since a lot of the details I mentioned are within the guide or at least the last few pages of discussion. Is your other ring even an Elder ring?
Last edited by Jolo0213 on Jan 21, 2020, 4:45:06 PM
"
Jolo0213 wrote:
"
telosei wrote:
Hello ;

i'm looking for ways to improve my build in terme of damage but don't find anything for days tbh

anyone got some ideas ?

also, which annoint should i consider while playing this build ?

thanks you

Are you really sure 25ES on hit is enough for all content ?

i have like 30ex ready if i wanna buy a nice pair of boots but i'm really afraid about losing 20ES on hit ( got a watcher with 25ES on hit already )

I mean, my fenumus give me 10% resistance pen if i didnt killed recently which is already pretty big damage boost, dunno if it would be worth to drop 20ES on hit for a rare pair of boots mh

If you check the profiles of the people who have posted about their achievements already and check poe.ninja builds for the top builds most only use one source of ES on hit which is usually the Watcher's Eye. The Fenumus boots are redundant and you can drop them for something that gives more ES or speed. You can always run lab to get the new boots enchanted, they aren't that hard to roll unlike helmets. You should also check POB as the flat added lightning might be better than the elemental penetration enchant.

If you're looking to squeeze more damage, you'd have to check POB but maybe a level 5 Woke Added Lightning for the plus level may be better than Woke Ele Focus in chest.

I'm sure you can probably find a better amulet considering the other gear you have. Get something with high Str, Dex if needed, ES, crit multi, and maybe either inc. dmg. per power charge or Int. The annoint I see people lean towards if not Utmost Might is Tranquility. Not sure if you can still support Aspect of the Spider without the current annoint though.

Your helm enchant is good for clear but Ball Lightning doesn't shotgun from the GMP so if you don't care about the extra projectile the increased Ball Lightning Damage enchant is better. If you have a Shaper helm and roll Innervate support that can also help with getting some extra damage in if something has adds or for mapping. Then corrupt for +1 Power Charge =P

I think if you can drop one of the weaker Abyss jewels you can take the Int to the socket on the right instead of Str and put a Tempered Flesh there for some Crit Multi and move the Watcher's Eye to one of the Abyss jewel spots.

Those are the major things I can think of to squeeze more damage. I'm assuming you mean for single target bossing as there's not much more to improve other than different Headhunter corrupts for mapping.

EDIT: Honestly it looks like you either got a lucky mirror drop to afford that gear or did some shady biz since a lot of the details I mentioned are within the guide or at least the last few pages of discussion. Is your other ring even an Elder ring?

Hello and thanks for your detailed explanation on how to improve my damage ;

i'm not sure i can drop astra amulet since i'd then need 139 str and a lot of dex and i'm not sure replacing boots on top of amulet could grant met that much attribute tbh

not sure if you can see it through my profile but i'm at 412 str rn and 76 cold/fire/lightning resi

and i'm running HH only for fun and mapping while waiting for one of my friends to get back on the game ( or not ( it's his HH )) , instead of HH ( and for boss ) i have an elder ring and a full ES belt , the reason i didn't pick an elder ring along HH is because its too much expansive for what it gives me so i just purchased the cheapest ring that give me enough resi/str for wise oak and mjolner when i use HH

I also don't really understand your edit, there's tons of way to make currency and i did not followed this guide initially, i followed this one https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2704131 one month ago and got my gear for half if not 1/3 the price they are right now

i knew this guide mentionned fenumus ES on hit as overkill on top of watcher eye but i wasn't 100% sure i could drop one of my two ES on hit source, i'm gonna start to seek for a new pair of boots that don't break my perfect resi now i got actual answer about that topic :>

time for some PoB o/

Cya and thanks again for your helpful answer Jolo !
"
telosei wrote:

i'm not sure i can drop astra amulet since i'd then need 139 str and a lot of dex and i'm not sure replacing boots on top of amulet could grant met that much attribute tbh

not sure if you can see it through my profile but i'm at 412 str rn and 76 cold/fire/lightning resi

and i'm running HH only for fun and mapping while waiting for one of my friends to get back on the game ( or not ( it's his HH )) , instead of HH ( and for boss ) i have an elder ring and a full ES belt , the reason i didn't pick an elder ring along HH is because its too much expansive for what it gives me so i just purchased the cheapest ring that give me enough resi/str for wise oak and mjolner when i use HH

I also don't really understand your edit, there's tons of way to make currency and i did not followed this guide initially, i followed this one https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2704131 one month ago and got my gear for half if not 1/3 the price they are right now

i knew this guide mentionned fenumus ES on hit as overkill on top of watcher eye but i wasn't 100% sure i could drop one of my two ES on hit source, i'm gonna start to seek for a new pair of boots that don't break my perfect resi now i got actual answer about that topic :>

time for some PoB o/

If you upgrade your boots to a rare you can always look for some that have Strength on them to help the amulet slot. Don't forget the catalysts also help on the amulet to boost the numbers. I don't know what your Elder ring looks like but if it also has good strength then that's also an option.

You also have Ghost Reaver on the tree for more leech but I think even that is overkill when you have the ES on hit so you can always drop that to take a +30 dex node.
"
Jolo0213 wrote:
"
telosei wrote:

time for some PoB o/

If you upgrade your boots to a rare you can always look for some that have Strength on them to help the amulet slot. Don't forget the catalysts also help on the amulet to boost the numbers. I don't know what your Elder ring looks like but if it also has good strength then that's also an option.

You also have Ghost Reaver on the tree for more leech but I think even that is overkill when you have the ES on hit so you can always drop that to take a +30 dex node.

My elder ring gives me 66STR already so it's gonna be hard to find 139str on amulet + boots on top of all the other cool modifier and the DEX loss is really big too (177 rn - 139 = 38 dex :< ) and i dunno if i want to spend additionnal skill point into base stats but i'll think about it, removing aspect of the spider + fenumous is a lot of new freeway to tweak my build :>

there's one thing i don't understand in your original answer tho

" Your helm enchant is good for clear but Ball Lightning doesn't shotgun from the GMP so if you don't care about the extra projectile the increased Ball Lightning Damage enchant is better. "

i took this enchant for many reason

- i like to spawn lotta ball
- it's helpful for clear and killing boss adds without moving from boss range
- dosn't more ball gives me more hit per second hence more ES on hit regen ?
- dosn't adding 1 ball to initial one double the dps from ball ?

i'm kinda confused now
Last edited by telosei on Jan 21, 2020, 8:58:12 PM
"
telosei wrote:

" Your helm enchant is good for clear but Ball Lightning doesn't shotgun from the GMP so if you don't care about the extra projectile the increased Ball Lightning Damage enchant is better. "

i'm kinda confused now

Ball Lightnings projectiles spawned from the same trigger / cast share the same cooldown. they cannot hit the same target more times then a single ball lightning projectile can

The enchant is nice for clear, but not optimal for single target as there is no additional dps increase
"
telosei wrote:
"
Jolo0213 wrote:
"
telosei wrote:

time for some PoB o/

My elder ring gives me 66STR already so it's gonna be hard to find 139str on amulet + boots on top of all the other cool modifier and the DEX loss is really big too (177 rn - 139 = 38 dex :< ) and i dunno if i want to spend additionnal skill point into base stats but i'll think about it, removing aspect of the spider + fenumous is a lot of new freeway to tweak my build :>

there's one thing i don't understand in your original answer tho

i'm kinda confused now

If you run Headhunter while mapping, try out GMP instead of Slower Projectiles in your Mjölner setup for the clear! It will make wonders with clearspeed. Once I equipped the gem, I'm never going back to Slower Projs while mappin at least. Only swapping it out for Elderslayers, Elder- and Shaper Guardians!
Latest and last upgrade.

i consider my build fully fleshed out now, first time since 2012 :-)
https://pastebin.com/KH9MaaLv
Last edited by NomadFX on Jan 22, 2020, 4:53:52 AM
Thanks Saturn, Jolo and Larsahh for your help !

So +1 ball lightning dosn't increase my dps and i'm better to switch to +40% BL damage , gotcha !

Tried to switch woke elem focus for woke added lightning dmg but elem focus is still better by 5,5%

but without elem focus would i be actually able to shock boss or their hp pool is too high compared to BL dmg ?

also, would innervate be any good, and if yes, why ? ^^

currently trying to switch out some piece of gear but everything is really expansive to replace, maybe i'd try to sell my current gear before planning a full re-gear but mmmhhhh i really don't know where am i going right now haha

so far my clear speed is top notch but i admit my single target is kinda lacking, like 5-8second to kill a big boss and 15s to kill a guardian ;-;

i'm still confused about the " gmp BL share the same cast/trigger cooldown " tho :<

Removing charisma and aspect of the spider grant me 19% unreserved mana, anything i can do with those ? :<

Edit : got some idea of very strong affix i'd look for on : helm/chest/ring/boots and belt ?

for helm i chase enchant + -9% elem resi
chest : STR
boots: innervate and tailwind
ring : elem dmg / crit multi / STR ( how strong is assassins mark ? considering going triple curse mh )
belt: full ES + maybe lightning dmg

anything else i forgot/don't know that really add some spice to dmg ?

ty <3
Last edited by telosei on Jan 22, 2020, 9:31:34 AM
"
telosei wrote:
Thanks Saturn, Jolo and Larsahh for your help !

So +1 ball lightning dosn't increase my dps and i'm better to switch to +40% BL damage , gotcha !

Tried to switch woke elem focus for woke added lightning dmg but elem focus is still better by 5,5%

but without elem focus would i be actually able to shock boss or their hp pool is too high compared to BL dmg ?

I believe you won't really be shocking bosses regardless because the DPS from the Ball Lightning is rapid small ticks. Just making sure but you input Woke Added Lightning at level 5 right? It doesn't get the +1 to gems otherwise.

"
telosei wrote:
also, would innervate be any good, and if yes, why ? ^^

Innervation is a buff granted when killing shocked enemies with supported skills. You can get the supported by Innvervate on Shaper helmet bases to go with your Vortex. It's not always consistent but if your Vortex kills adds that get shocked in a boss fight then you get Innervation which adds flat lightning to all your skills for 8 seconds.

https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Innervate_Support

"
telosei wrote:
currently trying to switch out some piece of gear but everything is really expansive to replace, maybe i'd try to sell my current gear before planning a full re-gear but mmmhhhh i really don't know where am i going right now haha

so far my clear speed is top notch but i admit my single target is kinda lacking, like 5-8second to kill a big boss and 15s to kill a guardian ;-;

i'm still confused about the " gmp BL share the same cast/trigger cooldown " tho :<

So say your Ball Lightning on weapon fires 6 projectiles (1 main, 1 from enchant, 4 from GMP). If two balls are passing an enemy, only on of the balls is hitting the enemy. The enemy doesn't take damage from adjacent ones from the weapon GMP because they are part of the same cast. However if a ball from the weapon and a ball from the chest are passing the enemy, the enemy will take damage from both. So adding an extra projectile through helm helps with clear as it adds another ball to the spread but it won't stack with the existing balls for single target.

"
telosei wrote:

Removing charisma and aspect of the spider grant me 19% unreserved mana, anything i can do with those ? :<

Reviewing your tree, Ball Lightning doesn't scale with area damage. I would drop Blast Radius node and the 3 area points before it and use those four points to take the left path to Sovereignty. This will increase your DPS and ES since it boosts your Discipline and Zealotry. If you have that you can probably still fit Herald of Thunder (DPS), Flesh and Stone (Surviveability), or Aspect of the Spider (Mix). That should also let you drop Charisma for Tranquility annoint for ES and damage.

"
telosei wrote:
Edit : got some idea of very strong affix i'd look for on : helm/chest/ring/boots and belt ?

for helm i chase enchant + -9% elem resi
chest : STR
boots: innervate and tailwind
ring : elem dmg / crit multi / STR ( how strong is assassins mark ? considering going triple curse mh )
belt: full ES + maybe lightning dmg

anything else i forgot/don't know that really add some spice to dmg ?

ty <3

If you linked your POB with the belt and elder ring you're using that would be most helpful probably. Innervate is a Shaper mod on helmet not boots. Once you're crit capped since we have a natural way to generate power charges AssMark isn't very useful.

If you're not using Headhunter, make sure your Atk Speed matches up with the cooldown of your CoC setups. Should be about 7.5 to match up with the Woke CoC in chest.

Are you using Dying Sun to equalize resists for Wise Oak? The extra balls again are only good for clear but don't do anything otherwise. Atizir's Promise or Bottled Faith will be more DPS.

You're at a point where significant upgrades will probably be multiple ex if not tens of ex per slot. Two of your abyss jewels with blind aren't really adding to your DPS either.

Double Corrupt on chest for +levels to Gems/AoE/Projectiles, double corrupt on gloves for Ele CoH and +levels to AoE, corrupt on Helm for +1 Power charge. Lots of expensive gambles.

Also if you need more Strength you can Divine your Lethal Pride. Mine gives me +66 Strength and 5% increased strength from the nodes I have but it took a few tries to get better mods on the notables.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info