[3.8] CI Mjolner CoC Ball Lightning Assassin - up to 6M Shaper DPS, 11k ES, 5k+ ES Recovery/s

Yeah ive been playing this in std and its so fun and strong, thinking I may play this in the new up and coming league as well.
IGN RighteousRom LvL-100 Juggernaut
Mirror Drop T-14 Shrine
"
ScottEvill wrote:
Hey.Thx for detailed guide! Going to try it next league,as my onley chsar.

Is it possible to use Shav's or Incand.Heart to farm high tier maps,coz 700+ Regalia is pretty costly? Or it's beter use 500es Regal., or even 5L Regal.,at first?
I can see ES wather's is majority, but do we rly need helm enchant and critical strike chance on gloves for UE?

TY.

You could start as a life build as NOesy mentions a few pages back. I was going to this next league.

"
N0esy wrote:

If you use this build as a league starter, don't take CI and play a life-based build until you earn enough currency. You can get life gain on hit and lightning damage leech from a shaper ring and an temple amulet, respectively.

As for offense, you don't have to use Mjolner early game. The CoC setup is good enough even in red maps.

Last edited by gromkins on Nov 26, 2019, 11:26:16 AM
"
ScottEvill wrote:
Hey.Thx for detailed guide! Going to try it next league,as my onley chsar.

Is it possible to use Shav's or Incand.Heart to farm high tier maps,coz 700+ Regalia is pretty costly? Or it's beter use 500es Regal., or even 5L Regal.,at first?
I can see ES wather's is majority, but do we rly need helm enchant and critical strike chance on gloves for UE?

TY.

You can start with a body chest with lower ES. Also, this build is less dependent on 6-link than most builds because about 40% of your DPS comes from Mjolner.

Helmet enchant and the glove implicit is not necessary to kill UE. I recommended the glove implicit in the guide because it is very cheap, so why not. With the rework of the Atlas, Shaper's Touch will be a lot more expansive, so you might as well use non-corrupted one. Watcher's Eye and Mark of the Shaper will become expensive as well.

Thanks gromkins for copy & pasting my comment.
I plan on playing this on HC next league as a league starter and was wondering what skill you would use until you are able to afford/find mjolnir and gear on trade site.
This is without a doubt, the most fun I’ve ever had playing this game. I built this today in standard, which is a lot more expensive unfortunately, and this build is amazing. This will be my goal for next league. Even with the shitty gear I have, everything just melts. Cleared everything but Uber Elder.

The fortify mjolner on standard is like 10ex if that gives you an idea of what I had to go through. Can you peep my gear and let me know how I did? Where to go from here?

do you going for arcane expanse after 95? spell damage and AOE radius seems good. or do we just go into ES?

Thanks again and keep these awesome builds coming.
Last edited by inB4nOOb on Nov 27, 2019, 4:06:13 AM
Hi there,

Very nice build indeed, I've been enjoying it very much !
Can you take a look at my character (NolanDhaMoor) to tell me what can be improved ?

Thanks a lot !
"
inB4nOOb wrote:
This is without a doubt, the most fun I’ve ever had playing this game. I built this today in standard, which is a lot more expensive unfortunately, and this build is amazing. This will be my goal for next league. Even with the shitty gear I have, everything just melts. Cleared everything but Uber Elder.

The fortify mjolner on standard is like 10ex if that gives you an idea of what I had to go through. Can you peep my gear and let me know how I did? Where to go from here?

do you going for arcane expanse after 95? spell damage and AOE radius seems good. or do we just go into ES?

Well, i paid 14 ex for forty-mj in blight ;-p

Shav is no Prob, you can still hit 10-11k es (with watchers)
Last edited by NomadFX on Nov 27, 2019, 12:25:47 PM
"
mxleavitt wrote:
I plan on playing this on HC next league as a league starter and was wondering what skill you would use until you are able to afford/find mjolnir and gear on trade site.

I played this build as the first (and last) character in HCSSF last league. Basically you play a life-based build and rely only on CoC for damage.
Here are the items before rip:

A temple amulet with lightning damage leech and a Shaper ring with life gain on hit helps a lot to sustain your life. This build was good enough even in red maps (yeah I ripped, but not in a red map).

Here is the PoB link in case you are interested: https://pastebin.com/yTnmH5iM
(I played Trickstar because it was before the assassin buff)

You can start CoC at level 38, but at this level your crit chance is not amazing. It might be better for you to switch to CoC after the second lab. Before that, use self-casting ball lightning.
"
inB4nOOb wrote:

Fotify-on-hit Mjolner is just a bonus, it is not necessary for most content. I think your first upgrade would be the helmet. I would look for at least 200 ES and a -9 lightning res mod. You might lose some elemental resists, but you can craft a resist mod on your body chest instead. After that, I would look for an Elder ring with more elemental resists, but it can be expensive.

Also, it is a good idea to get some resists from rare jewels. They will help a lot to upgrade your gear. Look for a jewel with "maximum ES", "crit multi with lightning skills", and "elemental resists". An example of the search is here. For some reason, "crit multi with lightning skills" is underestimated and cheap all the time.

As for the passive tree, you can just take ES nodes after 95. If you want more damage, Disciple of the Forbidden seems the best. If you take this cluster, spend at least 3 points because the first two nodes are trash.

I don't like arcane expanse very much because it only scales spells. But the radius of ball lightning will increase by 2, which can be nice. I don't know how to evaluate this.
Last edited by N0esy on Nov 27, 2019, 1:58:27 PM
"
Reydameron wrote:
Hi there,

Very nice build indeed, I've been enjoying it very much !
Can you take a look at my character (NolanDhaMoor) to tell me what can be improved ?

Thanks a lot !

Hi, your rare ring is not an elder ring, is it? Because you are using Mark of the Shaper, it is very important to use an elder ring for the other slot.
Your talisman is great, but Tranquility anointment (roughly 120% increased spell damage + 5% increased ES) is just too good to miss. I would look for a rare amulet and anoint Tranquility.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info