[3.12] Double Strike / Flicker Assassin ~ League starter and ender! U-Elder and U-Atziri deathless!

"
roguemjb wrote:
"
JamesWatt wrote:
Hello, so i've been playing your build for quite some time now, got to Sirus twice (i wont tell how it went cuz it was a spinning ring of doom tragedy) and ive come to the point where im concerned about what to do next.
Here is my list of equipped items:
Spoiler

Yeah, so first question is, whats next? I dont really know what to craft to get some significant increase and the diffrence between your simmed dps (5.5m) and mine (1.4m) is really bothering me. Ive been thinking about crafting elder astral plate for maims and crits and to have possibility to replace some resistance crafts on other gear or crafting some gloves, probably spiked with god-knows-what influence. Watcher's Eye is way out of my reach right now, i have around 10ex so not in the nearest future i guess. Another guess was to get enchanted Abyssus but its really difficult to get in this league.

Also another question, why do we use Atziri's Promise and we are not using any of the Unholy Might items, like Sin's Rebirth flask or abyss jewels with chance to get UM on kill? It seems like a really strong upgrade, considering its 30% more phys as chaos, up from max20% from Atziri's, also we get some defensive tools in form of antiburn and smoke cloud (which i think its huge on dodge based build), and for Atziri's we just get more leech which we already have capped from Blood Rage and leech node and some chaos res that absolutely wont help in anything because it aint so big of a diffrence -60% and -25%. Im currently using both of them because of annoying knockback from Lion's Roar but i will change Atziri's for Sirus fight.

First off, one sword is okay, but very slow. I search for 1.9 aps, or 1.85 if there isn't much out there, but 1.74 is super slow. The other sword is very low, 277 dps is definitely holding you back. Search for 300+ pdps with multi. And Lion's Roar flask is just much better damage than Sin's Rebirth. Though you could very well use Sin's Rebirth instead of Atziri's Promise, it is a bit better dps it looks like. I hear one of Sirus' attacks is chaos though, so the chaos res from Atziri's would be nice there. Your preference.

Not sure why you're using Rage for a support gem, looks like you need at least 30 rage built for it to compete with Fortify, and Fortify gives you Fortify lol.

Looking at your other gear, I think you could stand to gain some accuracy, strength, certainly some life. I'd have to see your PoB to really find what's lacking, but for sure the 277 dps sword.

Lastly, you have Tribal Fury on your amulet, take Ancestral Call out of your boots! Get a melee phys damage in there!

Lastly Lastly, my character last league was pretty juiced, don't compare too closely to it this early in the league. The Hatred +crit % Watcher's Eye is a huge boost. Also, both my swords last league had tons of multi AND damage as extra chaos, which is huge. Also also, 'socketed gems are supported by lvl 1 Maim' is GONE from chests as of this league, which is a huge dps loss :( If you can find a rare chest with tons of +life and +% life, and attacks have +% crit chance, that will probably be the only one that will come close to the Maim chests.

Okay, got some nice pdps wep!
(ill roll mods tomorrow, today im just too tired for that :p) Not sure how that will increase my dps, other wep was simming rather similarly so idk. Im also thinking about multimodding this bastard, would get 2 prefixes, one for flat phys and other one for something else, maybe % phys as extra chaos, idk, would have to test it out.

About flasks, i too agree Lion's is far superior but im changing that for Atziri's for some speed farming, that knockback could be really annoying, especially when you are playing with other players (they hate me for that).

About gems, the moment ive got fortify boots i thought that besides the fact that fortify support still gives some dps i should replace it so this slot wont get wasted. So i thought of rage support. It gives some nice sustained dps for long fights (like bossfights in this league) and it caps after 20 sec of attacking a target. I really lacked single target dps so this was in my opinion the best option here (also 21/23 is really cheap). I will probably have to sim this out but this one was pure intuition, will do that tomorrow.

I have around 90% accuracy and honestly ive never seen this one as a problem, i guess it is lol. Also i didnt invest in strength cuz i didnt know how good it would scale, first time playing str based build tbh :p

SERIOUSLY MAIM IS GONE? Goddamnit i thought its only removed from weapons... Welp, im still thinking about that Astral Plate, now when maim is gone it would be actually much cheaper to craft and some more crit would be nice.

About life, i will be replacing some gear after this

will get crafted, i lack some res so im hoping for at least one res affix. I have

prepared so i will get large chunk of hp. Also im thinking about crafting curse ring for some multimod or something but crafting that beast is really expensive (i have blue imprint for 12 assasins mark and some shitty quant mod) so it will have to wait.

Also what are your thoughts on Diamond Rings? Are they worth being crafted or should i go for some res rings instead? And how much life is a lot of life on chest?

Ill try to not forget about creating a pob link but for now im going to sleep, thanks for reply! (Yes, i replaced Ancestral Call, stupid mistake i guess xddd)
Last edited by JamesWatt on Dec 27, 2019, 1:28:01 AM
Spoiler
"
JamesWatt wrote:
"
roguemjb wrote:
"
JamesWatt wrote:
Hello, so i've been playing your build for quite some time now, got to Sirus twice (i wont tell how it went cuz it was a spinning ring of doom tragedy) and ive come to the point where im concerned about what to do next.
Here is my list of equipped items:
Spoiler

Yeah, so first question is, whats next? I dont really know what to craft to get some significant increase and the diffrence between your simmed dps (5.5m) and mine (1.4m) is really bothering me. Ive been thinking about crafting elder astral plate for maims and crits and to have possibility to replace some resistance crafts on other gear or crafting some gloves, probably spiked with god-knows-what influence. Watcher's Eye is way out of my reach right now, i have around 10ex so not in the nearest future i guess. Another guess was to get enchanted Abyssus but its really difficult to get in this league.

Also another question, why do we use Atziri's Promise and we are not using any of the Unholy Might items, like Sin's Rebirth flask or abyss jewels with chance to get UM on kill? It seems like a really strong upgrade, considering its 30% more phys as chaos, up from max20% from Atziri's, also we get some defensive tools in form of antiburn and smoke cloud (which i think its huge on dodge based build), and for Atziri's we just get more leech which we already have capped from Blood Rage and leech node and some chaos res that absolutely wont help in anything because it aint so big of a diffrence -60% and -25%. Im currently using both of them because of annoying knockback from Lion's Roar but i will change Atziri's for Sirus fight.

First off, one sword is okay, but very slow. I search for 1.9 aps, or 1.85 if there isn't much out there, but 1.74 is super slow. The other sword is very low, 277 dps is definitely holding you back. Search for 300+ pdps with multi. And Lion's Roar flask is just much better damage than Sin's Rebirth. Though you could very well use Sin's Rebirth instead of Atziri's Promise, it is a bit better dps it looks like. I hear one of Sirus' attacks is chaos though, so the chaos res from Atziri's would be nice there. Your preference.

Not sure why you're using Rage for a support gem, looks like you need at least 30 rage built for it to compete with Fortify, and Fortify gives you Fortify lol.

Looking at your other gear, I think you could stand to gain some accuracy, strength, certainly some life. I'd have to see your PoB to really find what's lacking, but for sure the 277 dps sword.

Lastly, you have Tribal Fury on your amulet, take Ancestral Call out of your boots! Get a melee phys damage in there!

Lastly Lastly, my character last league was pretty juiced, don't compare too closely to it this early in the league. The Hatred +crit % Watcher's Eye is a huge boost. Also, both my swords last league had tons of multi AND damage as extra chaos, which is huge. Also also, 'socketed gems are supported by lvl 1 Maim' is GONE from chests as of this league, which is a huge dps loss :( If you can find a rare chest with tons of +life and +% life, and attacks have +% crit chance, that will probably be the only one that will come close to the Maim chests.

Okay, got some nice pdps wep!
(ill roll mods tomorrow, today im just too tired for that :p) Not sure how that will increase my dps, other wep was simming rather similarly so idk. Im also thinking about multimodding this bastard, would get 2 prefixes, one for flat phys and other one for something else, maybe % phys as extra chaos, idk, would have to test it out.

About flasks, i too agree Lion's is far superior but im changing that for Atziri's for some speed farming, that knockback could be really annoying, especially when you are playing with other players (they hate me for that).

About gems, the moment ive got fortify boots i thought that besides the fact that fortify support still gives some dps i should replace it so this slot wont get wasted. So i thought of rage support. It gives some nice sustained dps for long fights (like bossfights in this league) and it caps after 20 sec of attacking a target. I really lacked single target dps so this was in my opinion the best option here (also 21/23 is really cheap). I will probably have to sim this out but this one was pure intuition, will do that tomorrow.

I have around 90% accuracy and honestly ive never seen this one as a problem, i guess it is lol. Also i didnt invest in strength cuz i didnt know how good it would scale, first time playing str based build tbh :p

SERIOUSLY MAIM IS GONE? Goddamnit i thought its only removed from weapons... Welp, im still thinking about that Astral Plate, now when maim is gone it would be actually much cheaper to craft and some more crit would be nice.

About life, i will be replacing some gear after this

will get crafted, i lack some res so im hoping for at least one res affix. I have

prepared so i will get large chunk of hp. Also im thinking about crafting curse ring for some multimod or something but crafting that beast is really expensive (i have blue imprint for 12 assasins mark and some shitty quant mod) so it will have to wait.

Also what are your thoughts on Diamond Rings? Are they worth being crafted or should i go for some res rings instead? And how much life is a lot of life on chest?

Ill try to not forget about creating a pob link but for now im going to sleep, thanks for reply! (Yes, i replaced Ancestral Call, stupid mistake i guess xddd)

That's a much nicer sword, that should help a ton. Your 277 dps sword was only simming well because it has a chunk of accuracy on it. Accuracy should be gotten on gloves and rings. 90% chance to hit is super low, you can get 100% chance to hit so there's no reason not to hit it. I'd look into replacing that steel ring with one that has 400 accuracy in addition to solid phys damage and life/resists.

Also, I'd still say a Stygian Vise is the way to go, get one with 90+ life and resists and some increased damage if possible. The abyss jewel is what makes it great. Check this out from last league. Attack speed on crit is a nice boost and the onslaught on kill is awesome for clearing. You can also see Onslaught going off and on in my 2 min Uber Elder kill from the adds that spawn, it's very handy.

Hey, I really want to try this build as my league starter. Are there any uniques you could recommend since I dont have much currency as a league starter.
"
roguemjb wrote:
I rerolled my 86 Berserker to Assassin lol, Berserker is so squish and this just seems like an awful league to start as Berserker. Props to you for making it work!

sure if you call over 1000 deaths "making it work" lmao

i would've rerolled to something else but i hate the tedious pre-maps process so much. But at least every boss with no phases or phases with mobs to recharge vaal skills dies instantly, awakener would be easy too if the bossfight wasnt cancer for melees in general

nice build but i'm never playing melee again, ggg is still trying hard to punish melee in every way possible
Last edited by kinosti on Dec 27, 2019, 8:54:40 AM
I got my hands on a dual strike gem and the dual strike jewel "Might and influence".
How would you compare Dual Strike to Double Strike? Sheet DPS on Dual is higher for me.
"
Afrokylon wrote:
I got my hands on a dual strike gem and the dual strike jewel "Might and influence".
How would you compare Dual Strike to Double Strike? Sheet DPS on Dual is higher for me.

I've compared this thoroughly, mainly because of the AoE capability of the threshold jewel, but now we just use Flicker for clear. Dual Strike is much lower dps, even with the Might and Influence gem socketed correctly. It's showing 4.4 mill vs 5.4 mill that Double Strike has. Do you have the 'Is the enemy bleeding?' checked off in your config on PoB? If you're worried about your chance to bleed, it's still better to get bleed mods on swords, and/or use a Chance to Bleed gem on your totem than to use Dual Strike. Also, using a threshold jewel means 5 to 7% less life, which is rough.

The Boys from Vaal Double Strike are also a huge boost, and I'm pretty sure they aggro bosses for you. Lastly, Double Strike just feels a million times better, especially at 3.7 when Dual Strike got that megashitty 70% attack speed multiplier.
"
kinosti wrote:

nice build but i'm never playing melee again, ggg is still trying hard to punish melee in every way possible

too true :(

"
Hey, I really want to try this build as my league starter. Are there any uniques you could recommend since I dont have much currency as a league starter.

Idk what your budget is if you just started, but here's the quick and dirty:

Princess Sabre is cheap, buy 2. This will carry you until 28 when you need one Lakishu's Blade for the multistrike. Get a Wurm's Molt belt and Asenath's Mark helm if you can. Oskarm glvoes if you can afford it for cheap assassin's mark on hit. Get 2 Ichimonji swords at 58 and a cheap Starkonja helm at 60. The rest are rares you can craft, keep your resists capped and keep your life up.
Last edited by roguemjb on Dec 27, 2019, 6:12:36 PM
Hi man,

your build is interesting. Now doing T6 maps and everything is smooth.
But in PoB It seems almost impossible to reach same damage output as you despite I tried to invest in gear. Could you give me a hint what to improve to get at least 1M+ DPS?
thanks a lot

https://pastebin.com/f8i6vVbV
Any1 tried this on Sirius so far?
"
Any1 tried this on Sirius so far?

i did 2 times i failed miserably, but mainly because the fight is bullshit for melee like really really bad, besides that i also need a lot of learning to do for the fight, if you are a summoner it is ez ez...

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info