[PS4] Build help

I decided to do my own take on a Cyclone / Bleed / 2H Mace build with a duelist. Probably have done it all wrong but so far it can be a tank at times and then extremely squishy.
I've tried everything to get PoB to import from the PS4 and it just keeps telling me that I'm set to privacy and I have every setting I can find set to everyone. so I plugged all my gear in by hand and had it generate a share so hopefully someone or a few can look at my rotten idea and maybe help me tweak it with some ideas for moving forward.
Thanks in advance for any advice given.

https://pastebin.com/hRt9594U
Last edited by Dawgacus on Sep 25, 2019, 1:13:40 PM
Last bumped on Sep 27, 2019, 12:52:46 PM
Your characters are not public.

It means on this site, BTW, not any sort of in-game or in-system setting.

Do you see how you can click on my name here, and then click on my Characters tab to see my characters?

When I click on your name, there is no Characters tab. Which means it isn't set to public.

I'll go look at the setting and edit in which one it is.

EDIT: Under Privacy Settings, there are a bunch of checkboxes to hide tabs. Make sure your Character tab isn't hidden.
Last edited by QQPQ on Sep 25, 2019, 12:06:47 PM
Thank you QQPQ I found what you are telling me about and fixed it. I will now try and see if it will let me do what I was trying to do with PoB. Thank you again.
edit: Nope still says: Character Import Status: Account Profile is Private.
Last edited by Dawgacus on Sep 25, 2019, 1:13:56 PM
"
Dawgacus wrote:
Thank you QQPQ I found what you are telling me about and fixed it. I will now try and see if it will let me do what I was trying to do with PoB. Thank you again.
edit: Nope still says: Character Import Status: Account Profile is Private.

That's really odd.

I can see your characters now, so PoB should be able to as well.

Have you tried with any of the other apps/sites? poeplanner.com or poemate iOS app?

(I'm wondering if the current build of PoB may be buggy)
Not quite sure on the whole public/private character settings for the PoE site, but for PoB you'd need to set whatever Sony considers as a "player profile" to public on the PS4 site and then PoB will import your PoE characcters. I think... I haven't yet done it on XBox.

On the build:

I'm far from any PoE "Expert." I just like trying to think these kinds of things through in order to find alternative solutions. It helps me work with my own builds in-game and... it's fun to do. :) So, sorry for the length, but I had fun typing it all out...:

Did you go all the way up to the "Maces" crit chance/etc just for the Onslaught procs and/or building specifically for that Maul? You're getting no extra damage on crits from the Maul, which may not be the best trade-up if you're only assigning those points for crit chance for Onslaught. Grab an Onslaught flask?

You have extremely low life/health. You need to spend whatever time and currency that you can to get items with at least some life rolls on them. You're overcapped on Resists, which is good, so you should have enough room to work with. You're going to get one-shot by trashmobs if you're not careful. Look for bigger +Life bonuses on both gear and check for some +% Life nodes on the Passive Tree. For instance, a lot of melee builds will use the +% Life node "box" around the Passive "Constitution." There's a ton of Life there, but it is a percentage of current Life and you should work on getting those raw +Life numbers up on your gear so the multipliers will have something to work well with.

TLDR: Increase +Life on gear, look for possible ways to gain +% Life on Passive Tree/Enchants/Gear.

This is the build I'm currently using:

https://www.poe-vault.com/guides/ultimate-cyclone-slayer-build-guide-blight-38

It's a Sword Based Cyclone Crit Build with Impale so you may find some good ideas in its Passive Tree. (There are three listed on that page, end-game, after Uber Lab, and leveling at maps/mid. Ignore, completely, the enchants on the rings since that particular enchant is no longer available. Some reworking needs to be done on that build, but working in a lot of mana leech wasn't any huge issue for me and it works just fine with that right now. Only running one aura constantly until I can get some reduction, there.)

I transitioned from a totem build, so I'm currently using both a five-linked Cyc and five-linked Ancestral totem setup. It slices through nearly everything pretty handily. I haven't had a chance to use the new Import features for PoB to get my XBox character in there, so I don't know what PoB would say about my current build. XBox shows my somewhat sloppy current attempts at 75k DPS. I would guess it hits 100k+ dps during normal combat. BUT, that's the XBox's equivalent of a "tooltip dps" and who knows wtf it doesn't calc? My current character is nowhere near end-game capability simply because of available gear and my currency on Xbox. But, it's enough for Red maps and likely most content at this point. (89 or so?)

On Amulet: With Blight, you can use Oil Annointments to get some really nice Passive Skills on your amulet, even Unique amulets! Take a look at them for filling in as needed:

From: https://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/d0e5tz/blight_oil_passives_recipes_in_a_spreadsheet_with/

Spreadsheet: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1-7JMc6ux0jSblGbQsV0qB1f2mNdVz1XqODMkLqMoShw/edit#gid=1268010499

You can work in just about any Passive you need using Oils and many of them are pretty common even if you don't like doing Blight encounters/maps. I'm using an Int Passive atm on my amulet until I can work in some more Int to unlock/level-up a couple of gems.

On "extremely squishy": You are "extremely squishy." :) You need more health. You're also Leeching, but I don't see where you're making full use of that. (I'm no expert on builds.) For instance, the build I'm using has the Dualist Slayer with Overleech capability. It couples this with Soul Teather at the "end game" build, but it's not necessary before that. There's also the consideration of Vaal Pact with that build in end-game status.

You're suddenly dying because you can't possibly leach enough using a standard Leech to fill your small health pool back up fast enough. This is common in Leech builds that have small health pools, but your base hitpoints are lower than they should be at that level, IMO.

With the above build, it combines that Overleech with the Damage on Full Health skillgem in the Cyclone setup. There's a brief time when my Character is not at Full Health in any combat, but it's extremely rare. And, when I am not at full health either I did something wrong or I just got one-shotted... :) Overleech by itself isn't terribly necessary, but when it's combined with other effects it has synergies that can be exploited to make it very strong for a Dualist Slayer build.

https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Soul_Tether

That's good for this particular build in "End Game." I'm using this at the moment: https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Wurm%27s_Molt

Cheap, effective, and I really haven't had any issues so I haven't replaced it with anything since I got it. Because of the slight oversight in Furty's build, I figured I'd keep it for now for the extra mana leech. But, I've already worked that into other items, so could probably drop it for a better belt.

You may want to consider Perseverence as a Belt Choice if you've got that slot available and definitely want Fortify and Onslaught. It appears that you're going for a Champion Ascendancy choice. If so, you can have a guaranteed permanent Fortify and Onslaught at the same time with this belt choice: https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Perseverance

By picking the Fortitude Ascendancy in what appears to be your chosen Champion Ascendancy, you'd get permanent Onslaught from Perseverance. I've run with a build that uses permanent Onslaught and Fortify using that belt and it's a darn nice combo.

On weapons/specific gear: I'm no expert and haven't delved deep enough into Unique mechanics to offer great advice like the "pros." :) But, once you get your Resists recapped/overcapped after making some new selections for higher Life, consider some attack speed somewhere AFTER +Phys Damage and Crit Chance. Mauls are pretty slow compared to some other weapons and you could use some attack speed increases, perhaps?

With the current weapon and Passives, you're counting on Crits for extra effects, but can't benefit from Crit damage for dps, I think? And, you can't take Resolute Technique because you want those crits, so you're kind of limited there.

Because of your choice of Ascendancy (I think - It's not clear in your PoB) I would switch to a Perserverence Belt to get the Fortify/Onslaught and dump the Maul and the passives focused on it and then switch to working around a two-handed sword build. You could use a Kondo's Pride for awhile, but won't get leech off of crits with it. A good Rare would work, too. I'm currently using a Termanus Est unique and it works very well for now.

If your build is entirely focused on this particular Weapon, then ignore suggestions that stray too far away from that. :)

I'd gemerally focus on gear/passives for this build's evidenced "intent" and work towards doing good DPS while increasing my tankinees using both gear and some new Passive selections and additional Enchants on gear that lend themselves to that.
"
Morkonan wrote:
Not quite sure on the whole public/private character settings for the PoE site, but for PoB you'd need to set whatever Sony considers as a "player profile" to public on the PS4 site and then PoB will import your PoE characcters. I think... I haven't yet done it on XBox.

As a PS4 player, this is wrong.

It's *only* about the settings on PathofExile.com.

My PSN profile is totally locked down, but my PoE profile is totally open, and I can use PoB just fine.
"
QQPQ wrote:
"
Morkonan wrote:

As a PS4 player, this is wrong.

It's *only* about the settings on PathofExile.com.

My PSN profile is totally locked down, but my PoE profile is totally open, and I can use PoB just fine.

Thanks for that correction. I haven't had an opportunity to test it on XBox, just read some roundabout instructions that led me to believe it got the data from one's console profile instead of PoE's linked services or something like that. (This is my first League after having stopped for awhile and that was before the PoB changes were added to help out console playerrs.)
"
Morkonan wrote:

On the build:

I'm far from any PoE "Expert." I just like trying to think these kinds of things through in order to find alternative solutions. It helps me work with my own builds in-game and... it's fun to do. :) So, sorry for the length, but I had fun typing it all out...:

Did you go all the way up to the "Maces" crit chance/etc just for the Onslaught procs and/or building specifically for that Maul? You're getting no extra damage on crits from the Maul, which may not be the best trade-up if you're only assigning those points for crit chance for Onslaught. Grab an Onslaught flask?

You have extremely low life/health. You need to spend whatever time and currency that you can to get items with at least some life rolls on them. You're overcapped on Resists, which is good, so you should have enough room to work with. You're going to get one-shot by trashmobs if you're not careful. Look for bigger +Life bonuses on both gear and check for some +% Life nodes on the Passive Tree. For instance, a lot of melee builds will use the +% Life node "box" around the Passive "Constitution." There's a ton of Life there, but it is a percentage of current Life and you should work on getting those raw +Life numbers up on your gear so the multipliers will have something to work well with.

TLDR: Increase +Life on gear, look for possible ways to gain +% Life on Passive Tree/Enchants/Gear.

This is the build I'm currently using:

https://www.poe-vault.com/guides/ultimate-cyclone-slayer-build-guide-blight-38

If your build is entirely focused on this particular Weapon, then ignore suggestions that stray too far away from that. :)

I'd gemerally focus on gear/passives for this build's evidenced "intent" and work towards doing good DPS while increasing my tankinees using both gear and some new Passive selections and additional Enchants on gear that lend themselves to that.

I appreciate your lengthy explanation. I reached for that top mace area in the passives to see what kind of dps I would get, I have been working on trying to get life up and for some odd reason it's been fighting me all the way. Got a nice helm this morning with decent life +85 max life.
My work doesn't allow me to play much at times and other days I can get in hours and hours.
Last league I made a cyclone / impale build that was badass.
This league I wanted to do something on my own without a build guide and just see where I would land (knowing it would be flat on my face of course).
My main goal was Cyclone / Bleed / 2h Mace and keep it cheap. I lucked out with my glorious plate, was hoping to get 5L and 3 fusing in it 6L'd! Now I keep rerolling it hoping for life and the bastid just won't give it to me with a decent roll.
But saving up for that ultimate BA to get me to next lvl and then work on the elusive Starforge that someday I might get to have.

hahaha my turn to write the novela.
Edit: I pulled back from that top node to Disemboweling to grab the life block.
Last edited by Dawgacus on Sep 25, 2019, 6:56:24 PM
"
Dawgacus wrote:

Understood - We all don't have the time we might like to just do whatever we want. Even then, we can't always just "play games." :)

Take a look at those oils for a quick-fix Enchant on an Amulet.

Think about the Perseverance if you're staying with the Champion Ascendancy tree and want to pick up Fortitude. You could free up your Fortify for something else at that point. (PS: And, you'll get permanent Onslaught that you won't have to dedicated Passives to get. What's not to love? :))

Work on the health pool. Since your resists are all overcapped, you probably have some room to maneuver with gear choices there. Resists, Life, combat affixes and leech, generally in that order.)

If you can get some Spiked Gloves, go for that to add some damage modifiers you may have to drop somewhere else. With all the crafting options that are out there, you might be fine just buying a "white" base of decent ilevel. Blessed Orbs seem to be dropping much more frequently these days, so getting that perfect implicit on Spiked Gloves for further crafting is NOT an issue. (ie: Don't buy for the implicit, buy for the ilevel.) If you can pick up an appropriate shaped Spiked Gloves, that's even better. (Generally, Elder's for melee. Try for attack speed or increased damage with bleeding, maybe?) Check https://poeaffix.net/ for figuring out what you'll need for that.

Since your build wasn't too far from mine in some ways and even fairly close to what I had to re-spec early in the league, it was a lesson in troubleshooting for me to try to respond to your post. Plus, I'm long-winded writer and am definitely not part of the Twitter or "texting" generation.
Last edited by Morkonan on Sep 25, 2019, 9:21:02 PM
"
Morkonan wrote:
"
Dawgacus wrote:

Understood - We all don't have the time we might like to just do whatever we want. Even then, we can't always just "play games." :)

Take a look at those oils for a quick-fix Enchant on an Amulet.

Think about the Perseverance if you're staying with the Champion Ascendancy tree and want to pick up Fortitude. You could free up your Fortify for something else at that point. (PS: And, you'll get permanent Onslaught that you won't have to dedicated Passives to get. What's not to love? :))

Work on the health pool. Since your resists are all overcapped, you probably have some room to maneuver with gear choices there. Resists, Life, combat affixes and leech, generally in that order.)

Perseverance - Check
Fortitude swapped out - check
passives swapped around - check
Spiked gloves ilvl84 - check

will work on rest tomorrow. Thanks for the help.
So far health is peaking around 3500ish and not so squishy.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info