[3.10] Cheap Tanky Non-Crit Arc Inquisitor | All Content | Great League Starter

Hey man, been loving this build. I'm pretty new, so this could be a stupid question, but here goes: Am I supposed to proc elemental overload with arc? With Controlled Destruction support, you can't crit with it. Am I missing something?
Is it possible to get Atziri's Promise with an Orb of Chance, or are there other roundabout ideas to acquire it for those playing SSF?

EDIT: Answered my own question, you can't Orb of Chance things that drop from a specific boss :(
Last edited by chanser69 on Feb 14, 2020, 1:30:46 AM
According to the guide, the crit is supposed to come from Orb of Storms. I need to watch my Buff Indicators more closely to see how often it appears. I am usually too busy enjoying watching everything die.

With regards to the Atziri's Promise, I am playing SSF and don't miss it. But I am not at end game yet, so maybe I just need to get farther before it is an issue.

Playing SSF HC in white maps so far, with a few small changes to the build:

I traded Shield Charge with Fortify for Flame Dash with Arcane Surge. Playing hard core, I needed the dodge and Shield Charge was not reliable enough. No amount of Fortify damage reduction can make up for the advantage of simply not standing in one spot for long.

However, with a low level Arcane Surge gem linked to Flame Dash, I don't have to wait for the battle to start before Arcane Surge kicks in. And since Arc is linked to the high level Arcane Surge gem, it gets the same full benefit on damage, even though it was the low level gem that sparked the buff.

Also, once the Inquisitor points are spent, Consecrated Ground starts when stationary, then continues for 4 seconds while moving. Since Flame Dash is a teleport, it counts as being stationary for Consecrated Ground, with a 4 second timer while moving. If you dash every 4 seconds, both Arcane Surge and Consecrated Ground never lapse.

I did have good luck with a Metamorph at about 40th level who dropped a Tabula Rasa. At level 80, I still haven't found or crafted armor that is better. Other than that, it is all a matter of what you can find or craft. My weapon is a wand instead of a sceptre, just based on the specific item I could find.
Sounds like the build is working great! That's good to know the flask isn't crucial yet at that point. I too am using a wand since it's stats were overwhelmingly better than any scepter I've found so far. I was also thinking about switching Shield Charge to some sort of teleport ability since I've grown used to them and they're great for avoiding traps and other damage mechanics and skipping through terrain obstacles. I want to hear Dolmur's feedback on that Flame Dash setup.
"
12idylls wrote:
I just wanted to thank you for this build.

It may not contain all of the little meta optimizations that are popular, but it is fantastic for Hard Core Self Found.

The combination of survivability (high life, high regen, mind over matter) and of damage without any specific gear is excellent. I just made it to maps without a single death and am still cooking along.

Glad you're enjoying it! And thanks for fielding some of the questions from others.

"
Hey man, been loving this build. I'm pretty new, so this could be a stupid question, but here goes: Am I supposed to proc elemental overload with arc? With Controlled Destruction support, you can't crit with it. Am I missing something?

Comes from orb of storms only.

"
I traded Shield Charge with Fortify for Flame Dash with Arcane Surge. Playing hard core, I needed the dodge and Shield Charge was not reliable enough. No amount of Fortify damage reduction can make up for the advantage of simply not standing in one spot for long.

I found that once I got into T15+ maps, fortify was pretty necessary to have enough reliable damage mitigation, but that may come down to playstyle so I'd say use whatever feels best to you. When I first started using shield charge I found it awkward to use as well, but I got used to it over time. It started feeling a lot better once I realized that targeting further away from yourself and avoiding name locking on enemies produced much better results. And of course, check the little cast in place box for that skill. As for consecrated ground, I've never had a problem with that lapsing with shield charge either since you have to be stationary to cast arc.
Hey thanks for the build. I have been using it since December and I've got some ideas to share. After I got enough chaos I switched from singularity to cerberus limb. According to path of building I'm doing more damage and combined with aegis aurora I'm getting significantly more ES and evasion. Lastly I allocated arcane swiftness on my amulet to get more spell damage out of the shield.
Spoiler
Here's the pastebin link to my character https://pastebin.com/v1HmhpXk

Also, I am using a 6l Inpulsa's but I am wondering if the bonuses to shock are really helping me considering the arc is not shocking. Should I switch to something else? I've been considering loreweave.
"
Elosis wrote:
Hey thanks for the build. I have been using it since December and I've got some ideas to share. After I got enough chaos I switched from singularity to cerberus limb. According to path of building I'm doing more damage and combined with aegis aurora I'm getting significantly more ES and evasion. Lastly I allocated arcane swiftness on my amulet to get more spell damage out of the shield.
Spoiler
Here's the pastebin link to my character https://pastebin.com/v1HmhpXk

Also, I am using a 6l Inpulsa's but I am wondering if the bonuses to shock are really helping me considering the arc is not shocking. Should I switch to something else? I've been considering loreweave.

Cerberus Limb is an interesting idea. I looked at your PoB and it's showing as 4.5% DPS less than a perfect Singularity (maybe you didn't get target is hindered checked?), but other bonuses from Cerberus Limb are definitely worth considering. In particular, it's actually really nice that you get spell damage leech from that because it makes Atziri's Promise much less of a requirement, so you could swap it for a different offensive or defensive flask. Arcane swiftness seems like a pretty good choice in combination with aegis and cerberus limb.

Do you find that you're actually getting much use out of the ES from that combination? I would have expected that once you're actively fighting it never really has a chance to regen, since this build tends to want to sit in the thick of things.

As for inpulsa's, you won't be shocking bosses so the shock effect is essentially worthless, but the increased damage after shocking an enemy and the shocked enemies explode will still be valuable to you. Realistically, if you're using this chest it's for the explosions, so if you're getting a lot of explosion procs when clearing maps I'd say it's doing it's job.
How viable for 3.10?
"
RedPhanthom wrote:
How viable for 3.10?

I'm playing it in an SSF private league for Delirium right now and so far it's holding up well. There weren't really any changes in 3.10 that directly impacted this build, so it should be just as viable as last league.
"
Dolmur wrote:
"
RedPhanthom wrote:
How viable for 3.10?

I'm playing it in an SSF private league for Delirium right now and so far it's holding up well. There weren't really any changes in 3.10 that directly impacted this build, so it should be just as viable as last league.

Figured, the getting geared up early on is a challenge atm.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info